1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I hope the eagles were just better than i thought...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Sep 12, 2010.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    or were we just that bad?!

2. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Hey they were announcing it was going to be a tough game. The games are not just given. I felt the defence prepared for one thing, facing Kolb, got Vick and was just not entirely prepared. Our Offense had its spark and then hte defense had to maintain it Reminds me of the 2008 season.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Its Michael Vick. Nothing you can do against someone like him when he is on. The whole NFC south remade their rosters to stop Vick.

4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    We've never really played against Vick well. I thought our defense was playing good until our front 7 seemed to get uber tired.. except for Matthews.. thank God. We weren't really getting much pressure in the 2nd half other than Clay and Brandon..

5. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    mccarthy seems to think that the 4th quarter means you have to upend everything that worked up til then and try something new.

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Doesn't seem like GB ever plays a scrambling QB very well.

And Matthews was rolling on a questionable hamstring as well. Imagine if he was 100%. Why I bought a Matthews jersey this year. Dude is a force.

7. PackerfanXD

PackerfanXD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^This^^

8. cantstop12to85

cantstop12to85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    yall are right we've never played well against vick but the most important thing is that we got the win on the road on the first game of the season...

9. ATL Packer

ATL Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on an airplane during the game so I was unable to watch it, only view the gamecast on ESPN. As I was watching it my first thought was that our D had minimal preparations for Vick. After watching the highlights I agreed with my original thoughts.

10. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Matthews saved the day for sure!

11. AlaskanWinter

AlaskanWinter Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's always a good sign when fans complain when the team wins. Ugly or no, we got a "W".

12. BigDaddyKaine

BigDaddyKaine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wish Clay wouldn't have concussed Kolb lol because it would have been a much easier game.

13. Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I know right? Thats all my friends are saying. They think if Vick played the whole game they would of won. Scary thing is I agree...

But I also agree its a freak scrambling QB thing, no other QB does it like he does...

Glad we pulled off the win but really dissapointed in the playcalling in 2nd half, Rodgers can put points up if he was to pass the ball more in second half and it wouldn't have been that close (Probably).

14. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Vick only broke off like 3 good runs. He did pass for 175 but thats not a huge deal. We had a few breakdowns in coverage, but that happens, especially when you have 2 rookies getting a lot of snaps in secondary. What disturbed me more that anything our defense did or did not do was that our offensive line played like garbage.

Rodgers was getting hit way too much and we had no holes to run the ball. Sure our D could have played better but they held on. I'm happy for the win, Philly at Philly is always tough.

15. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Anyone who watched the great Packer teams of the 60's chase Tarkenton around knows how difficult it is to contain great scramblers/runners at QB. Vick is an average passer--at best--with a QB rating over 80 (81.6) only once in his 6 years at Atlanta. His legs are his most valuable asset. We are fortunate to come out with a win Sunday.

16. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Just be glad he didn't do it in the 1st quarter or the game may have turned out different.

17. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653

we wont have to worry much about that when old number 4 gets crushed by the Claydozer! HAHAHAHAHHAHA :viksux::viksux::nhl2::nhl2::nhl2::nhl2::star-wars::star-wars::star-wars:

18. Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Haha so true. Dam Mathews was beasting it out last night.

19. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Ha, LOVE IT!