I hope the eagles were just better than i thought...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hey they were announcing it was going to be a tough game. The games are not just given. I felt the defence prepared for one thing, facing Kolb, got Vick and was just not entirely prepared. Our Offense had its spark and then hte defense had to maintain it Reminds me of the 2008 season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its Michael Vick. Nothing you can do against someone like him when he is on. The whole NFC south remade their rosters to stop Vick.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We've never really played against Vick well. I thought our defense was playing good until our front 7 seemed to get uber tired.. except for Matthews.. thank God. We weren't really getting much pressure in the 2nd half other than Clay and Brandon..

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mccarthy seems to think that the 4th quarter means you have to upend everything that worked up til then and try something new.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like GB ever plays a scrambling QB very well.

And Matthews was rolling on a questionable hamstring as well. Imagine if he was 100%. Why I bought a Matthews jersey this year. Dude is a force.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yall are right we've never played well against vick but the most important thing is that we got the win on the road on the first game of the season...

ATL Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on an airplane during the game so I was unable to watch it, only view the gamecast on ESPN. As I was watching it my first thought was that our D had minimal preparations for Vick. After watching the highlights I agreed with my original thoughts.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like GB ever plays a scrambling QB very well.

And Matthews was rolling on a questionable hamstring as well. Imagine if he was 100%. Why I bought a Matthews jersey this year. Dude is a force.
I just wish Clay wouldn't have concussed Kolb lol because it would have been a much easier game.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wish Clay wouldn't have concussed Kolb lol because it would have been a much easier game.

I know right? Thats all my friends are saying. They think if Vick played the whole game they would of won. Scary thing is I agree...

But I also agree its a freak scrambling QB thing, no other QB does it like he does...

Glad we pulled off the win but really dissapointed in the playcalling in 2nd half, Rodgers can put points up if he was to pass the ball more in second half and it wouldn't have been that close (Probably).

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick only broke off like 3 good runs. He did pass for 175 but thats not a huge deal. We had a few breakdowns in coverage, but that happens, especially when you have 2 rookies getting a lot of snaps in secondary. What disturbed me more that anything our defense did or did not do was that our offensive line played like garbage.

Rodgers was getting hit way too much and we had no holes to run the ball. Sure our D could have played better but they held on. I'm happy for the win, Philly at Philly is always tough.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who watched the great Packer teams of the 60's chase Tarkenton around knows how difficult it is to contain great scramblers/runners at QB. Vick is an average passer--at best--with a QB rating over 80 (81.6) only once in his 6 years at Atlanta. His legs are his most valuable asset. We are fortunate to come out with a win Sunday.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

we wont have to worry much about that when old number 4 gets crushed by the Claydozer! HAHAHAHAHHAHA :viksux::viksux::nhl2::nhl2::nhl2::nhl2::star-wars::star-wars::star-wars:

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we wont have to worry much about that when old number 4 gets crushed by the Claydozer! HAHAHAHAHHAHA :viksux::viksux::nhl2::nhl2::nhl2::nhl2::star-wars::star-wars::star-wars:

Haha so true. Dam Mathews was beasting it out last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts