I hope I'm wrong

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Except that in the 3-4 scheme, the defensive linemen aren't supposed to be getting a ton of sacks. Yet, there's CJ Wilson with 2.5, Worthy with 2.5, Daniels with 2, and Neal with 4.5. Raji and Pickett had none. That's plenty from the line.
Yet people still complain about our interior pass rush insisting that we need to draft another pass rushing DE

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a big lineman that can be like Raji has been the past few games. Raji has been taking up multiple linemen's attention (along with Matthews) which helps out Neal and our other pass rushers a lot. I just haven't seen any consistency out of him that would warrant me to think this level of play to remain. Drafting a playmaking d lineman would be my first choice (if one is there that is) that way we are not as reliant on Raji inconsistent play throughout the season or in a few years free agency. Develop a lineman for a year so, if it comes down to it, life without Raji is possible.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a OLB that can rush the passer. It was supposed to be Perry but he got hurt. But Pickett is getting long in the tooth.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If my memory from the past half hour is correct:

• The last time the team with the best record in the regular season won the Super Bowl that season was the 2003 Patriots. That doesn't bode well for Denver and Atlanta. This "stat" I am 100% sure about.

• Also, 6 of the last 7 seasons, a team playing on Wildcard Weekend has gone on to win the Super Bowl. It was either this, or has gone to the Super Bowl, not necessarily won it. Either way, that bodes well for the non-top 2 seeds.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We need a OLB that can rush the passer. It was supposed to be Perry but he got hurt. But Pickett is getting long in the tooth.
If I told you Pickett doesn't rush the passer and our base D is usually focused on stopping the run, not rushing the pass? Because that's how we got here, pass rushing DL.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both teams played great. Vikings wanted it just a little more, and we spotted them 13 points, but still they played about as good as they can possibly play and only won by 3. To be honest, I enjoyed the game, even though we lost. Part of that enjoyment is knowing we are setting the Vikings up for just one more, of many, post-season let-downs. :) Pack will win by 20 or more. Seriously.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. We threw everything we had at them last time. First game Ponder had the mistakes, last game we failed to capitalize on Ponder's mistakes, as well as a few unlucky breaks for us. It will be close, and with Walsh kicking for them, all Peterson, who WILL get his yards, has to do is get close enough, which isn't that far, especially given the way Scherels killed us on ST. We on the other hand, have to pass, while they have their front four camp in our backfield while seven guys drop into coverage meaning anywhere from 2 to possibly all of our receivers are doubled.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. We threw everything we had at them last time. First game Ponder had the mistakes, last game we failed to capitalize on Ponder's mistakes, as well as a few unlucky breaks for us. It will be close, and with Walsh kicking for them, all Peterson, who WILL get his yards, has to do is get close enough, which isn't that far, especially given the way Scherels killed us on ST. We on the other hand, have to pass, while they have their front four camp in our backfield while seven guys drop into coverage meaning anywhere from 2 to possibly all of our receivers are doubled.

There were some pretty lucky breaks, as you mention. The tipped pass, the unlikely TD pass, the split second difference between an AP fumble vs. a continued drive. The crowd noise played a part, as did the refs slow motion in getting out of the way. We did not play our difference maker, Cobb. And hopefully, someone kicked T.Williams butt this week so he actually plays football and not tiddly winks. C. Wood will be back. Rodgers will shed his frustration. With all that going for them, MN only wins on a last second FG. We will have a different look on both sides of the ball and I don't think MN will be ready for it. After the Titans massacre, we had little to build on. Not so this week.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were some pretty lucky breaks, as you mention. The tipped pass, the unlikely TD pass, the split second difference between an AP fumble vs. a continued drive. The crowd noise played a part, as did the refs slow motion in getting out of the way. We did not play our difference maker, Cobb. And hopefully, someone kicked T.Williams butt this week so he actually plays football and not tiddly winks. C. Wood will be back. Rodgers will shed his frustration. With all that going for them, MN only wins on a last second FG. We will have a different look on both sides of the ball and I don't think MN will be ready for it. After the Titans massacre, we had little to build on. Not so this week.

Agree, and to piggy-back, the Vikings had everything to play for. A spot in the tournament, but even more than that, the rushing record for Peterson. I'm looking for them to have an adrenaline dump.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I was talking specifically about on our first drive when we went three and out because Jones slipped. They weren't lucky enough to get the INT though. Actually the tipped pass was just all around bad play on our part. Hawk and Hayward both would have had it if they hadn't bumped into each other, and Jennings had all day to snatch up the pass, but chose to watch it fall. Right into Wright's hands at the last possible second. Hawk and Hayward don't bump, or Jennings actually makes a play on the resulting duck ball, and we have an INT. Bad play.

Members online

Latest posts