1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I have had a REALLY crappy day

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Feb 10, 2007.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It started off with NO sleep. I litterally couldn't fall asleep, so i have been up since yesterday and feel like crap (soft and mushy).
    There has been a problem with the drains here since the cold spell (and the frozen pipes). Well, i could hear the landlady's 80-something year old father (who fancies himself as a handyman) working on the drains down in the basement. (We live on the second floor, above her business). So, he finally leaves, and i find a letter on the steps saying "We had a problem with the plumbing in the office today, and i went down in the basement to investigate. I found that the heater was turned off in the furnace room. Therefore i have locked the basement door to avoid anyone going down there who shouldn't be. If you need to go down there for your belongings (we have some stuff stored down there) you need to get a key from someone in the office."
    Now.........i have never been in the furnace room, except when the landlady was showing us the place BEFORE we moved in. The ONLY people who have access to the basement is us and the workers at their office. And i know for a fact my wife has NEVER even gone down there since we moved here. So i went into the office to confront them. The landlady and her Mom were there, and i told them i never even went in there. They said "Well SOMEONE turned it off, and it wasn't us. But were not accusing you of anything."
    Yet no one else can go down there........i am SO pissed. I don't like being accused of something i did NOT do.
    I don't even know HOW to turn the thing on OR off!
    Here's what i think MIGHT have happened. Her father is old, and i would not doubt if HE turned it off last summer and never turned it back on. We had a VERY mild winter up to last week, and that would explain alot. But it's easier to blame me then face that he's incompetent. He's one of those guys who THINKS he knows everything, and you can't tell him anything. His wife and daughter would NEVER talk back to him.
    A few days ago the old guy damn near burned the place down! I was sitting here, and smelled ALOT of smoke. I was worried about the women working on the first floor, so i went down to see what the heck was burning, so i could warn them if it WAS a fire. I see the basement door open, and there's old handyman, with a basement full of smoke. He looks at me like i'm BOTHERING HIM! I said "Whats burning?" And he snaps back "It's just some insulation!!" I said "Well, i didn't know that, did i??? No one told me, so all i know is there's smoke all through the place." Then he backed off. The guys an idiot. Bet he told them THAT was my fault too!
    I wish to god i had my own place, so i wouldn't have to deal with people like that.
    Sorry i posted all this........i have no one to talk to, and i'm so mad. I just had to vent. My wife is at work right now.
    I even had a couple drinks to try to calm down.
    Sometimes i hate this life.

2. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you're having such a crappy day Cheesey. Could have avoided the whole thing by not sneaking into the basement and shutting off the heater. What were you thinking? :lol:

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know.....geez.......like i would do that! I don't even know HOW or WHAT to turn off!
    I'm a very responsible person..........it seems like anytime something goes wrong, everyone thinks i'm responsible.

4. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cheesey, find yourself another place to live. See how much money you have saved and buy yourself a house if all possible.

5. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That sucks cheesey.

Have you talked the landlord about it?

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If i could buy my own place, i would!
    Our lease here expires at the end of April. We will be looking. The problem is.......will we end up with an even WORSE landlord? I don't trust any of them anymore.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah......the landlady (she's not married) and you can tell what her father says is what matters. What i say don't mean S**T.
    I heard (from her boyfriend) that the old man ruled with an iron fist, and they don't DARE question him. He could burn the place down, have a can of gasoline in one hand and a match in the other, and if he said I did it, they would believe him.
    I give up.
    Thats what i get for being a "nice guy". It seems all the A**HOLES get ahead. If your nice, you just get walked on.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Move to the GB area. We can car pool to the packer practices!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds good to me Zero!
    Of course that would make my wife's commute to work in Milwaukee a bit long!LOL!

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Is she complaining about it ALREADY? Tell her to stop being selfish! :p

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOLOL!!!! As it is, she works 12 hour shifts. Lets see, it takes her just under a half hour now to drive to work..........if we move to Green Bay, it would add just over an hour and a half each way, bringing the total drive time for her each day to 4 hours round trip. Add that to the 12 hour shift, thats 16 hours. That would leave her with 8 hours to eat, watch a little TV, sleep, and get up and ready for work the next day.
    Yeah!!!! I don't see what her problem is!!!! :rotflmao:

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Ok ok, move to menasha. Just south of appleton that'll save an hour of drive time ;)

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (I wish i could get the company my wife works with to move to GB!!!)

14. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Cheesey, move here to Rochester.

You could become a Vikings Fan, and I'll drive to the games!!! :thumbsup:

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

I don't think cheesey wants to chop his balls off. He does however appreciate the offer.

16. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said. :roll:

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I WOULD become a Vikings fan. But it would take SO much work! First, i'd have to have three forths of my brain removed, then go through therapy i'd obviously need for the withdrawls of going from being a fan of a professional football team (the Packers) to the Vikings. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

18. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you had such a rotton day..Landlords can be a pain in the butt. I would be a bit scared of this old man, he could burn down the place and take you and LJ with its surely not worth risking your life. Do you have a years lease? Of course if its all family there except for you they will blame you thats for sure which isnt right...I would be starting to look else where and get out of there as soon as your lease is up just stay out of their hair..need to talk you know where to find me friend...Good people sometimes come in last and are not taken at their word. I would have done what you did, confronted them, I dont like to be told I am a lier either, if I did something then yell at me otherwise shut up...

19. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Cheesey,

Remember I mentioned long ago I knew this guy in Port Washington who will take out anybody for a beer or whatever? I think he is still...............................never mind! I just remembered he choked to death at the old Smith Bros. place on a Perch bone.
    You could move out here. Then there'd be TWO of us to keep the locals laughing and spreading stories around. :thumbsup:

20. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I used to work at Smith Bros for 12 years I was there...resigned from the place in 1990....

21. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeez Heathie.....maybe you knew this guy. Naw, way before your time. Actually the guy I'm thinking of was a regular at Teresa's Tavern just up the street from Smith Borthers and would stumble down for a Perch dinner, then back up to the tavern. He's gotta be long gone by now, because this was 30+ years ago.

22. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That is a character building day indeed Cheesey, and I am sorry for you.

I learned something many years ago. "Life is always judged in its comparative value." and when I have a character building day, I always stop and ask my self... "Compared To What?" That is it... I just ask "Compared To What?"

A while back I went into an auto dealership in San Antonio to do a training program for two of their dealerships. It was to be a program on The Power Of Positive Thinking and Goal Setting. When I got there I wanted to meet and thank the girl that I had been speaking to on the phone for the last two weeks finalizing all of the details. I was told she took the day off. I told the lady; Oh I am sure she is here, I just talked to her and she said she was looking forward to meeting me as I was her.

She told me her Son who has cancer has taken a turn for the worse and she will not be back for some time.

Cheesey... What I am saying my friend is this.

You can look back at it and say you had a pretty damn good day if you just ask yourself "Compared to what?"

Raider Pride.

23. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, before my time then...I loved the fish there though it was amazing..

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know whay you mean RP. If you have been keeping up on whats been going on, we just moved here last October, after a bout with a landlord that REFUSED to fix a severe mold problem in the place we lived in for 7 plus years. The mold was BAD. Black walls and all, for 10 months. So i have been looking just for some time to catch my breath, AND a break. Plus, my wife has been going through hell, and just had a cortisone shot in her spine for a torn disc in her back. I have arthritus of the spine, which has been KILLING me lately. Add that to my bilateral Menieres disease, diabetes, asthma, migraine headaches, tinitus, beningn essential tremors, and irregular heart beat and now with this BS it's just putting the frosting on the cake. If that was the ONLY problem i was going through, it wouldn't be so bad. Now i have another one to add. This is really scareing me. I have been having TERRIBLE memory problems for the last couple months. Just to give you an example, yesterday i was at "Half price books" picking up a Marx Brothers book i wanted. I was writing out the check, and i forgot how to write the letter "F". I could print it, but COULD NOT remember how to write it. I'm not kidding. I stood there for at least 10 seconds, the guy behind the counter said "F", as he saw me stop at "HAL". Then i explained to him what had happened. I'm only in my 40's. My wife can ask me to get her a soda, and by the time i walk into the kitchen i forgot what i went there for. I walk back to the living room, she says "Where's my soda?" and i have to go back. This kind of thing is happening regularly now. I don't know what is going on. In 1989 i scored in the top 5% in the nation on the American College Test, and now i can't remember how to write the letter "F"??? Anyone can forget something, but this is happening way to often now. I take a shopping list to the store with 5 items on it, and i have to look at it 50 times to remember what i'm supposed to get. Also yesterday, it was our 30th anniversary from the day we met, so my wife and I spent the day together. She was tired, so i dropped her at the house while i went to get my book. I stopped at McDonald's on the way home, to get some oatmeal cookies for her (she LOVES them) so i went in, got them, went back to my car, unlocked the car door and got in. Then, i looked all over for my car keys. Checked my pants pockets, my coat pockets, pants, coat, was swearing at myself trying to figure out HOW the hell i lost my keys from the time i opened my car door, till i got in the car. You probably already guessed......they were already in the ignition. To be forgetful is one thing, this is getting way out of hand. It's happening daily.
    So, it's all just ganging up on me it seems.
    I'm a big enough "character" as it is i think. (I think most would agree!~)lol

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    When you said "take out" i thought you meant on a date! LOL!
    Damn......wheres a perch bone when you need it. I could really use one right now.