1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I hate working at walmart!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by JoshTheChild, Jan 29, 2008.

1. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am constantly reminded about the super bowl everytime I go into work. I see decorated cakes, advertisements and hell even reminders from the managers! the store manager pulled me aside and told me to keep up the good work on saling LCD TV's since the super bowl is this weekend. WHAT THE HECK lol can I catch a break or what? Does anybody else have this problem?

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I don't because me and my bro are talking about last years Baseball wow what a bad time to support the Indians my bro supports the Red Sox's LOL

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You follow baseball over in England too?

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm a Twins fan, and I'm in the same boat. I think life must be eaaaaaaaaaaaasy for Tigers fans right about now. oh, the humanity.

5. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand why the Twins took such a crappy offer for Santana. The mets didn't even give up their best prospect (Fernando Martinez). The Twins could have gotten a lot more for him.

6. VAPAckerFan

VAPAckerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well you can always play a joke on the Greeters at wal-mart. Might take your mind of superbowl. :p :p :p

7. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the deal the Yankees offered them was pretty strong. Melky Cabrera and either Phil Hughes or Ian Kennedy, plus one other prospect. The Twins wanted both Hughes AND Kennedy, plus Cabrera and Robinson Cano. We could have used Santana, but not at the cost of giving all those guys up.

8. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a Braves fan so this deal really annoys me. The Mets give up practically nothing, and get one of the best pitchers in the game. The only prospect that I think will pan out is Guerra. However, he's only 18, so he won't be seeing the majors anytime soon.

9. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Don't worry, it will all be over on Monday!

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Then we all can put it behind us......finally.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Not so easy...If the Pats win, we will have to hear it form their fans FOREVER

12. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And all we'll hear from Belichick is "well we're just looking to opening kickoff next season...this was a good win but there were some things we could still do better..."

13. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah it was my trip to Florida in April thats why i love all your sports as well as NBA and MLB, im a Clipper and Indian LOL

14. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    As soon as the Aussie Rules starts I will forget all the sadness of the game.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dude, I work at a bar where ESPN is on 24\7. And with this being Superbowl hype week....yeah. It's hell. HELL!

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Bill Smith is just starting as the Twins' GM and was forced to make some tough choices. With the offers from the Red Sox and Yankees, he took a calculated risk (which I believe was the right move) and assumed that those two teams would get into a bidding war. So, they mave have been able to get more, but not today. I am just hoping this works out for us the same way as the AJ Pierzynski-Joe Nathan/Francisco Liriano/ Boof Bonser trade. The Twins are a unique club. Definitely not for the faint of heart. If you aren't patient, you are not cut out to be a Twins fan.

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    P.S. The Braves suck

18. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Twins took the best offer on the table. It was either that or lose Santana to free agency after this season and get nothing.

Screw Johan Santana. The Twins offered him 80 million dollars over 4 years and he did not take it. Good riddance!

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm sour about that too, vikes, but I'm still sad he's gone!

20. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    go astros!

21. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wal-Mart should have a Super Bowl sale on adult diapers so one doesn't miss a minute of the action or the commercials; or just in case the Giants win.

22. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Josh,
    Can you give me a good deal on a TV so I can be ready to watch my Detroit Tigers in HD?

23. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, they would have gotten draft picks if he left via free agency. That would have been better than the pile of crap the Mets gave up.

24. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a Red Sox fan, this news came as a relief to me.

1. I didn't want to lose Ellsbury in order to get him, and knew the Twins wouldn't take a Lester/Coco deal.

2. I didn't want the Spankees to get him, unless they gave up both Hughes and Kennedy (sorry, nathaniel)

3. Santana's out of the AL and I don't mind facing him at most once every 3 years (excluding the postseason) one bit.

:D

25. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had a lady come into my work today and said congrats on your team going to the Superbowl, I said what? Then I explained that we didnt win our last game to get there, she then hugged me and said she was sorry. AWWW There are so many packer fans in CA, when driving around and people see the G on my car they will give me the thumbs up. So cool