I hate the Pats, but damn, they're good

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hate cheaters. The Pats are a great team. They have exceptional talent and they may be the most well coached team ever. So why cheat? with about 11 minutes left in the game the Pats just took the lead on a bomb to Mr. Arrogant, Randy Moss. Even with a perfect season on the brink, it will always be tainted by the cheating episode. It's not unlike Barry Bonds, as great as he is and as talented as he is, the home run record will always be tainted by his use or steroids.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats didn't beat the Giants... the Giants beat themselves tonight. Figures though these cheaters always seem to come out on top.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can this thread be deleted? I detest the referenced team so much so that I do not want to refer to them by their name, nor see any reference to them on this message board unless the packers need to play this opponent.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli didn't run the offense effectively when they needed him most. Now maybe it was because the Pats played better defense than the Giants played offense. But like I said, no matter what their record, no matter whether they win the super bowl or not, they still cheated.

I don't care for Bilichek but he's a hell of a good coach.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First complaint, wrong dad-gum forum, this should be in the NFL talk section.

Second, let's get over the "spygate" bs. Week one is the last time it happened. No way the Jets would've won that regardless.

These Pats dissected every foe they came across. No need to call them cheaters, give the first ever 16-0 regular season team some respect. I say there's no way anyone beats these guys this year. Except the Pack, cause I'm a homer.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli didn't choke..

Gilbride got too conservative and the defense couldn't make a stop...

(That was it...it' all.over..when you do that!)

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Pats on a great season

They got caught before they could actually use the spygate tapes, so they never gained any advantage from it.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing about them, and I'm not impressed unless they can go all the way, 16-0 is one thing but call me when they are 19-0.

Not to mention they got caught for cheating so pretty much all their accomplishment is tainted. But still, they are a good team.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
Congrats Pats on a great season

They got caught before they could actually use the spygate tapes, so they never gained any advantage from it.

That's just from the Jets, who know what other information they have...

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad I got to see a team go undefeated.

I doubt it'll ever happen again. Now, if they don't win the Superbowl it will all be for naught.

Reaction score
Well after this game it would seem the Pats can be beaten by getting consistent pressure on Brady, even if that means blitzing like there is no tomorrow.

I hope Sanders/McCarthy were watching this game. If we end up playing the Pats, I don't think sending only our front 4 after Brady will be enough.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had the game on at Champion's (the place we met in GB last night) and everytime the Giants did something good, you'd think it was a Packer game. The place would ERUPT! It caught me off guard.......i guess everyone (well.....i DID here a few cheers for the Pats) in GB hates then cheaters too!
If they make it to the SB, i hope we are there and RUIN their "perfect" season. How sweet would THAT be? :wink:

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eye-jabbing, cheapshotting, cheaters. Manning sucked when it really mattered. When he fumbled the snap and then had a pass deflected late in the game. I knew the Pats would take over.
On Moss' second TD, the announcers said several times how bad the coverage was. Yet all we saw on the replays was Moss hauling in the ball and running uncontested into the endzone. I wanted badly to see the coverage breakdown.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats are good. I am glad that we dont have to hear about the 72 dolphins anymore. I hated that.

I am not sure who I will be rooting for in the SB if they make it. I am usually rooting for the NFC. However, I wouldnt mind seeing the Pats complete the year long sweep.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the Pats can be beat, just look how many teams that came close. It will take a team to make NO mistakes to take them down. Im sorry, but the Pats are cheaters in my eyes, once a cheater always a cheater. I know some players didnt know so we cant blame them all, but Im so glad that they got fined although I would have liked them to take away a few of the SuperBowl trophies they won if they were cheating to get it. Look at the Olympic champion when she came out to say she used steroids, they took all her trophies away from her, this is what I wanted to happen to the Pats, if they cheated to get to the Superbowl how fair was this? To get fined was just a slap on the wrist.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the Pats can be beat, just look how many teams that came close. It will take a team to make NO mistakes to take them down. Im sorry, but the Pats are cheaters in my eyes, once a cheater always a cheater. I know some players didnt know so we cant blame them all, but Im so glad that they got fined although I would have liked them to take away a few of the SuperBowl trophies they won if they were cheating to get it. Look at the Olympic champion when she came out to say she used steroids, they took all her trophies away from her, this is what I wanted to happen to the Pats, if they cheated to get to the Superbowl how fair was this? To get fined was just a slap on the wrist.
I agree..........to me, their 16-0 season is tainted with the cheating. They got caught, and SHOULD have had to forfeit any playoff games. Who knows where else they have cheated where they didn't get caught yet?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sorta liken this year to the success a team a achieves via recruiting violations in college. Cheating over a period of time, giving them an edge, remember that they won all of their SB by 3 pts each, and creating a "winning culture". They become more attractive to FAs, sign them, and benefit from the cheating indirectly. The Pats were outed this year, and I for one can't stand it.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned that the way to beat the Pats is to put pressure on Brady. No one has spoken more true words. They have such good receivers that if you give him time those great receivers will get open. Those receivers make Brady as much as he makes them. But when you put pressure on him, he's still good, he's just not great.

As for their 16-0 record. There is no doubt of their greatness. Whether they cheated in game one or game 12 doesn't matter. They cheated. They broke the rules. They wanted an advantage that was unfair. The team was punished and they should have been. I may be the only one, but I will always remember this 16-0 record as perhaps the best team ever, I will also remember that they cheated.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I agree..........to me, their 16-0 season is tainted with the cheating. They got caught, and SHOULD have had to forfeit any playoff games. Who knows where else they have cheated where they didn't get caught yet?

We cannot deny their unbelievable talent. We cannot deny how well coached they are. We cannot deny their tenacity. I happen to agree; if they cheated in this one area and got caught, what kinds of things have they pulled where they haven't been caught? Hence 16-0 is a tainted season for them because those types of questions will always be asked. It is no different than Barry Bonds having the home run title. He can have it, but most people would not consider him the homerun king because most of us believe he cheated the system to get there. He has the title, but that's all it is.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I remember the Ravens game. They had the game won, but someone on the sideline had called a time out. If it wasn't for that TO, we wouldn't be talking about this. The Ravens won the game on the field, but a coach on the sideline gave it up.

Patriots are no doubt good, but in my opinion, they did lose a game, just not on the scoreboard because of a fluke TO.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite all the blitzing from team that has more sacks than any in the league, the Giants still only got one. The Patriots O-Line is incredible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts