I hate the Bears but...........

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears still suck regardless of their record; however, like digs said, I too have a grudging respect for the Bears organization. In addition, that was one of the most impressive defensive performances I've ever seen on Sunday and the Bears look to be a lock to break our stranglehold on the NFC North. They are clearly the best team in the division IMO and if they can lock up home field (a pretty tough task given their remaining schedule) they could go deep into the playoffs. Enjoy the division title because when we get our offensive stars back and a couple of high draft choices for a change it will be back to normal.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not as impressed with the Bears. Jake played poorly threw two stupid picks and then Carolina would not adjust the game plan. One decent screen would have caused the Bears to back off and the rout would have been on. I don't know if GB can beat the Bears this year but they still suck until they have a winning record against teams with winning records
DEC

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
A litle green with envy....some of you Packers fans? Hey, if it was the Pack winning with great defense and conservative offense, my guess is that you would be swinging from the chandeliers and making a point about just how beautiful great defense is. Right??!?

I, for one, love a bad-*** defense....and this Bears defense is one bad ****. A joy to watch, honestly. I hate the Bears, but have a grudging respect for the organization due to its history and legacy in the league. And, for those of you who do not, or choose not to remember, George Halas was instrumental in the early years with helping keep the Packers in existence. No Halas, likely no Packers.

For that, and for the conduct of the few "classy Bears fans", ya gotta be honest and appreciate thayt defense, and give them credit for the record they have earned.

My feelings exactly.
If this were the Seattle Seahawks forum do you think that I would have ever stopped by here let alone post over 700 comments? As I have said before... I hate the Packers with a passion, but I have always respected them. What other team can even come close to the Packers or Bears history except each other?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
digsthepack said:
A litle green with envy....some of you Packers fans? Hey, if it was the Pack winning with great defense and conservative offense, my guess is that you would be swinging from the chandeliers and making a point about just how beautiful great defense is. Right??!?

I, for one, love a bad-*** defense....and this Bears defense is one bad ****. A joy to watch, honestly. I hate the Bears, but have a grudging respect for the organization due to its history and legacy in the league. And, for those of you who do not, or choose not to remember, George Halas was instrumental in the early years with helping keep the Packers in existence. No Halas, likely no Packers.

For that, and for the conduct of the few "classy Bears fans", ya gotta be honest and appreciate thayt defense, and give them credit for the record they have earned.

My feelings exactly.
If this were the Seattle Seahawks forum do you think that I would have ever stopped by here let alone post over 700 comments? As I have said before... I hate the Packers with a passion, but I have always respected them. What other team can even come close to the Packers or Bears history except each other?

Amen, Phil. Keep your heads up, Packer fans.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old saying used to go: "When the Packers and Bears play, You can throw the records out the window".

When a Packers fan hates the Bears,(or vice-versa), it really is out of respect because of the intense rivalry they have had. Like during the '90s, I always was weary of the Bears game because of that fact even though we had a better team.

Now that the Bears have the better record, you can bet the bears are still worried when they play the Pack and the man named Favre, at the end of their season making a playoff run.

The Packers could be big time spoilers by sweeping them, that would save the season for me!

Football without Packer-Bear Games would be.....well.....just not Football!

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
The old saying used to go: "When the Packers and Bears play, You can throw the records out the window".

When a Packers fan hates the Bears,(or vice-versa), it really is out of respect because of the intense rivalry they have had. Like during the '90s, I always was weary of the Bears game because of that fact even though we had a better team.

Now that the Bears have the better record, you can bet the bears are still worried when they play the Pack and the man named Favre, at the end of their season making a playoff run.

The Packers could be big time spoilers by sweeping them, that would save the season for me!

Football without Packer-Bear Games would be.....well.....just not Football!

I'm more worried about our home game against the pack in 12 days, than this week's road game against the bucs. When was the last time my bears beat the pack in chi town?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no "but" about it. They suck. Packers clinch the division on Sunday. Packers 49 Bears 6. Another failure at a 4th quarter comeback for Rogers, for the anti-Rogers folks out there.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss digsthepack! Oh, how I wish he was here to tell me how LeRoy Butler was the straw that stirred the drink on our last Super Bowl team!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh, I thought we could put 2005 in the past. Worst season in recent memory.

It was a necessary rebuilding year to clean up GM Sherman's mess, but that didn't make it any less painful. Samkon Gado was the best thing to happen to the team in 2005.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005 was a great year to buy Packers gear cheap. Caps for about $3 a piece at Wal-mart - all you wanted.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Bears are missing: Brian Urlacher, Robbie Gould, Tim Jennings (leads league in interceptions)
Injured: Cutler (neck)

I like our chances

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing will be sweeter than knocking them out of the playoffs, again, on Sunday. Beating them on the way to the Championship 2 years ago was almost as good as the Championship. They're old, they're beat up and they've got a moron QB and 1 receiver. It should be a rout.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a lot of confidence in the Packers going into this game but I never ever underestimate the Bears. You can say they suck all you want but they are still a threat. I'm not seeing a rout at all, I'm seeing a close game maybe Pack by 10 or more realistically 7. If it is a rout there will be none happier than me to be proven wrong.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I despise the Bears fans more than I dislike the Bears organization. So... if the Pack wiping the Bears makes Bears fans miserable ... well then, just give me a heap'n help'n of it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Records don't matter, they always play us tough. They have some key injuries, though, I expect to be more than a 2 score win. Pack 35 - 20.

Wow, 2005 - they had the internet back then? Or did somebody transfer all these posts from a bulletin board?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts