1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

I hate the Bears but...........

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yourout, Nov 20, 2005.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Bears still suck regardless of their record; however, like digs said, I too have a grudging respect for the Bears organization. In addition, that was one of the most impressive defensive performances I've ever seen on Sunday and the Bears look to be a lock to break our stranglehold on the NFC North. They are clearly the best team in the division IMO and if they can lock up home field (a pretty tough task given their remaining schedule) they could go deep into the playoffs. Enjoy the division title because when we get our offensive stars back and a couple of high draft choices for a change it will be back to normal.

2. Pack88

Pack88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I was not as impressed with the Bears. Jake played poorly threw two stupid picks and then Carolina would not adjust the game plan. One decent screen would have caused the Bears to back off and the rout would have been on. I don't know if GB can beat the Bears this year but they still suck until they have a winning record against teams with winning records
    DEC

3. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    My feelings exactly.
    If this were the Seattle Seahawks forum do you think that I would have ever stopped by here let alone post over 700 comments? As I have said before... I hate the Packers with a passion, but I have always respected them. What other team can even come close to the Packers or Bears history except each other?

4. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amen, Phil. Keep your heads up, Packer fans.

5. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The old saying used to go: "When the Packers and Bears play, You can throw the records out the window".

When a Packers fan hates the Bears,(or vice-versa), it really is out of respect because of the intense rivalry they have had. Like during the '90s, I always was weary of the Bears game because of that fact even though we had a better team.

Now that the Bears have the better record, you can bet the bears are still worried when they play the Pack and the man named Favre, at the end of their season making a playoff run.

The Packers could be big time spoilers by sweeping them, that would save the season for me!

Football without Packer-Bear Games would be.....well.....just not Football!

6. dren23

dren23 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm more worried about our home game against the pack in 12 days, than this week's road game against the bucs. When was the last time my bears beat the pack in chi town?

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    12 years ago I think.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    There's no "but" about it. They suck. Packers clinch the division on Sunday. Packers 49 Bears 6. Another failure at a 4th quarter comeback for Rogers, for the anti-Rogers folks out there.

9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ holy crap, that's a bold score prediction. Bears always play us close, more like a 27 - 24 pack wins

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I miss digsthepack! Oh, how I wish he was here to tell me how LeRoy Butler was the straw that stirred the drink on our last Super Bowl team!

11. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    What was I even doing back in 2005?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Ugh, I thought we could put 2005 in the past. Worst season in recent memory.

It was a necessary rebuilding year to clean up GM Sherman's mess, but that didn't make it any less painful. Samkon Gado was the best thing to happen to the team in 2005.

13. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    2005 was a great year to buy Packers gear cheap. Caps for about $3 a piece at Wal-mart - all you wanted.

14. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Bears are missing: Brian Urlacher, Robbie Gould, Tim Jennings (leads league in interceptions)
    Injured: Cutler (neck)

I like our chances

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    And we have our hulk back

16. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Not our hulk. The Hulk!

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Nothing will be sweeter than knocking them out of the playoffs, again, on Sunday. Beating them on the way to the Championship 2 years ago was almost as good as the Championship. They're old, they're beat up and they've got a moron QB and 1 receiver. It should be a rout.

18. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I have a lot of confidence in the Packers going into this game but I never ever underestimate the Bears. You can say they suck all you want but they are still a threat. I'm not seeing a rout at all, I'm seeing a close game maybe Pack by 10 or more realistically 7. If it is a rout there will be none happier than me to be proven wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I despise the Bears fans more than I dislike the Bears organization. So... if the Pack wiping the Bears makes Bears fans miserable ... well then, just give me a heap'n help'n of it.

20. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    Records don't matter, they always play us tough. They have some key injuries, though, I expect to be more than a 2 score win. Pack 35 - 20.

Wow, 2005 - they had the internet back then? Or did somebody transfer all these posts from a bulletin board?