I HATE TED THOMPSON

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MY OPINION ON THIS FIASCO

If Brett wanted to come back, he should have been welcomed with open arms and given the chance

He was....in March....

he got cold feet...

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Whatever its the truth. I dont live in Green Bay. All the players, coaches and management that were there in the early 90's when i started following them are now gone. The way mgmt handled this is discreaceful and i will not support the team if they dont rectify the situation. I'll root for DD and some others to do well but like someone else said, a loss wont mean too much to me any more whereas it used to mean alot in the past 16 years.

well thats just weird to me man. i can't even fathom the thought prcess.

so who are you going to root for now? whatever team Favre gets traded to? what about after he retires again? will you stop watching football?

honestly i dont know. just saying, a loss wont mean as much to me anymore. a win wont mean as much for me anymore.

(Side note)are you serious, i have to watch that dumb mfker charles barkley go on and on about brett favre? go gamble away another 20 million sir charles. jesus, what is he doing on nfl network. Isn't this the same guy who did and said anything and everything he wanted to do? Guy showed no class in anything he did? "The I'm not a role model"€ guy? Why do people put a mike in front of him and allow him to infect people with his ignorance? 45 year old college educated multi millionaire who cant even speak like a grown man.

Anyway, back to my point. I'll probably root for whatever team Favre is on in his last year or two. I'll still root for the packers but not as strongly. After Favre hangs em up, who knows.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
Whatever its the truth. I dont live in Green Bay. All the players, coaches and management that were there in the early 90's when i started following them are now gone. The way mgmt handled this is discreaceful and i will not support the team if they dont rectify the situation. I'll root for DD and some others to do well but like someone else said, a loss wont mean too much to me any more whereas it used to mean alot in the past 16 years.

well thats just weird to me man. i can't even fathom the thought prcess.

so who are you going to root for now? whatever team Favre gets traded to? what about after he retires again? will you stop watching football?

(Side note)are you serious, i have to watch that dumb mfker charles barkley go on and on about brett favre? go gamble away another 20 million sir charles. jesus, what is he doing on nfl network. Isn't this the same guy who did and said anything and everything he wanted to do? Guy showed no class in anything he did? "The I'm not a role model"€ guy? Why do people put a mike in front of him and allow him to infect people with his ignorance? 45 year old college educated multi millionaire who cant even speak like a grown man.

WOW a HUGE paragraph rant on Barkley, and YOU question why you are stuck watching him?

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett wanted to play football again, which he has a right to do. People unretire everyday. My Father did it, not because of financial reasons but because he loved his line of work. You really don't know until the finality of it all hits you. You do something for your whole life and then one day it's gone and the boatload free time isn't all that great. It's not up to you, or me, to degrade a guy because he wants to do what he loves.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to play football again. Just don't expect the team you told you had "nothing left to give" then told them you wanted to come back just a few weeks after that and then tell them you changed your mind AGAIN just before going public with it saying you wanted to stay retired and then 3 months after that come back and say you want to play AGAIN to just be all gung-ho and welcome you back! The Packers, a MINIMUM of two times in March, was willing to bring Brett back on board and both of those opportunities he essentially pissed on. I agree, it's tough to leave something you've essentially done your whole life. But also have enough respect for the organization who stuck with you through your alcoholism and pain-killer addiction to stick to a decision you made on your own terms and be willing to accept the consequences of reneging on that decision.

If Brett wanted to come back, he should have been welcomed with open arms and given the chance to at least COMPETE for the starting job, just like every member of this team has to do. It has nothing to do with his status or his legacy. It has everything to do with Brett giving this team the best chance to win. I can't imagine being a player for the Packers right now. The guy that led the troops within a FG's kick of the Super Bowl is not wanted back in place of the guy who's gets hurt everytime he falls down.

So in essence, we go ahead and tell the guy we've been grooming for the past three years to take over the job that the last 4 months it was all just a bunch of BS and you'll actually have to compete for the job now because the guy who said he was hanging them up on two different occasions decided to change his mind a third time and now wants his job back. GREAT logic right there. And what has Brett been doing the past 4 months other than working out a bit, throwing footballs to high school kids, and riding his tractor on his property while the guy who has been 100% committed to this football team has been working hard in every practice and meeting getting ready for the season ahead of him. If Brett was here from day one truly committed to this football team, he probably would've been in a better position than Rodgers to lead this team. Now the team will have to reinsert a semi-rusty Favre back into the starting line-up to compete with Rodgers when both are going to need as many snaps as possible in training camp to either get back into football shape and on the same page as the offense (in Favre's case) or the reps needed to insure as best a start as possible (in Rodgers case). In essence, throwing out all the adjustments from OTAs and mini-camps that were made to suit Rodgers when those first training camp practices are meant to hit the ground running with the new game plan implemented in the Spring.

And from the general gist of things you hear from all the players, they've pretty much been fully behind Rodgers 100% since Brett "retired" in early March.

Perhaps Harris and Barnett, Collins and Driver, Moll and Grant, and so on should just practice at about half-speed, play without care, miss meetings and just plain screw off until Ted commits to quit planning for 2012 or whatever year. If you aren't going to play the best cards you have in your deck, why even have any? These guys bust thier balls everyday to win games now, not plan for 5 years from now. If I'm a Packers player right now, I think I would demand a release to a team who doesn't play the favorites game. Because A-rod's TT's boy, and can hide behind the "preparing for the future" guise, we just went from a Super Bowl contender to a Wildcard maybe.

Yeah, I'm sure all the players you listed are going to really jeopardize their job security by half-assing their way through camp and the regular season. :roll: And of course their's something completely wrong getting behind the guy who might be able to lead this team for many years to come. You make it sound like every NFL player just signs a one year contract and doesn't care about the future direction of the team. I think most NFL players, including those TT has brought onto this football team, realize what it takes for a new QB to get going and are willing to do what it takes to help him be as successful as possible even if it takes a bit. I don't think most of them will be going home crying if things don't go great right off the bat considering they'll probably make more in one year then either you or I will the rest of our lives.

I just hope for your sake if Brett were somehow to become the starting QB of this team again and **** off Aaron to the point of not wanting to re-sign with the team that Brett will lead us to a championship. Because anything less than that makes a Favre comeback utterly pointless because the difference between whether this team fails to make the playoffs or loses in the Super Bowl is negligible in my mind because it's one more year of Rodgers rotting on the bench and questions about his abilities to lead the team, that by most peoples logic, wouldn't be able to lead this team to a Super Bowl in 2009 because he again got no playing time due to Brett playing ahead of him in 2008 instead of taking his developmental lumps this year and being a better QB in '09 because of it.

I can't stand Ted, he is an absolute scumbag. This is reeking worse than Art Modell taking the Browns to Baltimore. It's not because he did it to Brett Favre, it's because he is short changing the fans and his own team to feed his ego. The guy on Mike and Mike said it this morning. Ted owes it to the fans and players to do whatever it takes to put the most competetive team on the field at any time, and by doing this, he's not.

:lol: at you saying an entire city losing it's NFL franchise is WORSE than a football team losing one-player. I'm sure Browns fans who had their hearts ripped out by Art would completely agree with you. Ted also owes it to the fans to put a competitive product on the field for years to come, years Brett probably won't be here for. A near-sighted, mortgage our future, type of strategy is a Mike Sherman line of thinking, and is it a wonder he's no longer around because of it?

I don't know what to think. I'm sickened by a portion of fans that I used to be so proud to be a part of and the way they have handled this. They want Brett to not come back to GB but in the same breath never want to see him in another uniform. So GB says we don't want you back and he's a ****** because he wants to play elsewhere. Why don't you tell him what he is supposed to do for the rest of his life because god forbid he wants to toss the ol' pigskin again coming off a year with 4000+ passing yards and 28 TD's. Completely disgraceful. I guess I bought into the "GB fans are the best" line of crap.

I have nothing against Brett playing football again in 2008. If he wants to play for another team, I believe he has the right to do so under the circumstances beneficial to both him and the team he has a contract with. The Packers won't cut him, but a trade seems like the best mutual compromise Brett can hope for at this point and one the team would probably oblige him with. If other fans don't want him here or to play football again, it's because they're sick of him holding this team hostage for going on 3 seasons now and they don't want him to go elsewhere to tarnish his legacy if he were to play poorly. This latest waffling is just the final straw for most of them.

How do I logically be a fan of an organization that's led by a snake with an agenda? I feel sorry for A-Rod because now the pressure of following one of the greatest QB's ever has just became multiplied by 5. I feel sorry for Brett for being Backstabbed after giving everything he had to the fans and brass. I feel sorry for the players on this team who have to play for a power monger not interested at winning unless it's on his terms. I feel sorry for fans who have that sick feeling in thier stomach like I do over this whole mess.

I'd sure like to see where Ted has gone out of his way to make Brett want to quit. The Randy Moss situation is moot at this point because the receiving corp Ted built is one of the best Brett has ever had.

Does Ted have to go down to Mississippi every off-season to kiss Brett's feet to make him come back? You'd figure a head coach staying in relatively constant contact and represents the interest of the team, would be enough to make Favre know he was wanted, but nope, Lord Favre has to have everyone in the front office express their undying devotion to him and express their wanting of him to comeback. Give me a break if a grown man can't put two and two together and see the Packers did more than enough to show they wanted him back this season. If he can't, it's his own damn fault. Not the GMs or the head coaches.

I will still be cheering them on on Sundays but the losses won't hurt near as much and in Week 2 when A-Rod goes down with a broken leg I can't say I won't crack a little bit of a smile. When I see that grey-haired fool on TV with that look of frustration on his face after the Pack drop thier 5th in a row, I will flip him the bird and hold out hope for the future.

And if a young QB, in his first year of starting, is actually able to rise up out of the Shadow of the legend he replaced and lead this team to a playoff berth when finally given the chance to show what he can do, will you still be giving that grey-haired old fool the bird? Probably because Aaron didn't take the team to the Super Bowl in his first season if they lost. :lol:

Call me "Favre Firster", Tell me how I'm not a fan, Call me a ******, Call me Dumb, Call me whatever you want because I have absolutely zero respect left for that portion of fans who are still backing the actions of Ted Thompson at the expense of Brett Favre.

And you think we're going to give respect to someone who only seems to think the next 6 months are all that matter in the grand scheme of a football organization? Sorry, but if you can't see why the front office and every Packer fan aren't exactly running up to kiss Brett's tootsies because finally after the third time of changing his mind he's finally ready to play football, then we give up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
de_real_deal said:
i'll be gone soon too if TT runs Favre out of town

gonna stop being a Packer fan? crazy talk man. crazy talk.
:yeah:
If thats all it takes, they weren't "Packer fans" in the first place in my view.

Favre said he wanted to come back shortly after he announced his retirement. The Packers said OK, and even had a jet chartered to fly down there, pick Brett up, and bring him here for the official announcement.
Then a couple days before it was supposed to happen, Favre calls them and says he decided to stay retired.
That to me says it all.........what if he pulled that again? The Packers say ok, and at the last minute he flip flops again? They have a business to run, and "yes i will, no i won't" won't get the job done.
I love the guy, but he did this to himself.
Thats my opinion at least.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First I would like to say that there are lot's of different media reports floating around. Favre wanted to come back in March, only welcome as a backup, TT and Co. moved on, etc.

I have been a Packers fan since the age of 5 and have been backing them long before #4 put on the Green and Gold. However, This thing is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in any sport. You can say anything you want about being a Favre Firster or whatever but I know it's a load of crap.

Brett wanted to play football again, which he has a right to do. People unretire everyday. My Father did it, not because of financial reasons but because he loved his line of work. You really don't know until the finality of it all hits you. You do something for your whole life and then one day it's gone and the boatload free time isn't all that great. It's not up to you, or me, to degrade a guy because he wants to do what he loves.

If Brett wanted to come back, he should have been welcomed with open arms and given the chance to at least COMPETE for the starting job, just like every member of this team has to do. It has nothing to do with his status or his legacy. It has everything to do with Brett giving this team the best chance to win. I can't imagine being a player for the Packers right now. The guy that led the troops within a FG's kick of the Super Bowl is not wanted back in place of the guy who's gets hurt everytime he falls down.

Perhaps Harris and Barnett, Collins and Driver, Moll and Grant, and so on should just practice at about half-speed, play without care, miss meetings and just plain screw off until Ted commits to quit planning for 2012 or whatever year. If you aren't going to play the best cards you have in your deck, why even have any? These guys bust thier balls everyday to win games now, not plan for 5 years from now. If I'm a Packers player right now, I think I would demand a release to a team who doesn't play the favorites game. Because A-rod's TT's boy, and can hide behind the "preparing for the future" guise, we just went from a Super Bowl contender to a Wildcard maybe.

I can't stand Ted, he is an absolute scumbag. This is reeking worse than Art Modell taking the Browns to Baltimore. It's not because he did it to Brett Favre, it's because he is short changing the fans and his own team to feed his ego. The guy on Mike and Mike said it this morning. Ted owes it to the fans and players to do whatever it takes to put the most competetive team on the field at any time, and by doing this, he's not.

I don't know what to think. I'm sickened by a portion of fans that I used to be so proud to be a part of and the way they have handled this. They want Brett to not come back to GB but in the same breath never want to see him in another uniform. So GB says we don't want you back and he's a ****** because he wants to play elsewhere. Why don't you tell him what he is supposed to do for the rest of his life because god forbid he wants to toss the ol' pigskin again coming off a year with 4000+ passing yards and 28 TD's. Completely disgraceful. I guess I bought into the "GB fans are the best" line of crap.

How do I logically be a fan of an organization that's led by a snake with an agenda? I feel sorry for A-Rod because now the pressure of following one of the greatest QB's ever has just became multiplied by 5. I feel sorry for Brett for being Backstabbed after giving everything he had to the fans and brass. I feel sorry for the players on this team who have to play for a power monger not interested at winning unless it's on his terms. I feel sorry for fans who have that sick feeling in thier stomach like I do over this whole mess.

I will still be cheering them on on Sundays but the losses won't hurt near as much and in Week 2 when A-Rod goes down with a broken leg I can't say I won't crack a little bit of a smile. When I see that grey-haired fool on TV with that look of frustration on his face after the Pack drop thier 5th in a row, I will flip him the bird and hold out hope for the future.

Call me "Favre Firster", Tell me how I'm not a fan, Call me a ******, Call me Dumb, Call me whatever you want because I have absolutely zero respect left for that portion of fans who are still backing the actions of Ted Thompson at the expense of Brett Favre.

This so far IMO has been the best post, thanks DD80!!!! I also agree that the packers organization is making a big mistake by not bringing Brett back in, but whatever happens is going to happen without my input.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronMan said:
arrowgargantuan said:
de_real_deal said:

If thats all it takes, they weren't "Packer fans" in the first place in my view.

Favre said he wanted to come back shortly after he announced his retirement. The Packers said OK, and even had a jet chartered to fly down there, pick Brett up, and bring him here for the official announcement.
Then a couple days before it was supposed to happen, Favre calls them and says he decided to stay retired.
That to me says it all.........what if he pulled that again? The Packers say ok, and at the last minute he flip flops again? They have a business to run, and "yes i will, no i won't" won't get the job done.

WOW Cheesy, I am surprised you said this. I just think again there are things we just dont know about. Who knows who in the media is even telling the truth. Until we hear it from Brett I just dont believe any of the stuff I am hearing right now. I truly think Brett should say something in all of this so there isnt so much negativity and then people would understand his side of the story a little more. Right now its all speculation, all I do know so far is Brett wants to play, but how it all happened is anyones guess.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dd80forever said:
If Brett wanted to come back, he should have been welcomed with open arms and given the chance

He was....in March....

he got cold feet...

How do you know that to be a fact Tromadz?? We have heard that he was asked back, then I heard that he wasnt asked back. Again I truly believe we dont know the whole situation or story.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

tromadz said:
dd80forever said:

He was....in March....

he got cold feet...

How do you know that to be a fact Tromadz?? We have heard that he was asked back, then I heard that he wasnt asked back. Again I truly believe we dont know the whole situation or story.

and we also heard just last week from Brett himself ( at least a text to his friend at the paper )that this talk of him having an itch or wanting back was all rumors

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
IronMan said:
arrowgargantuan said:
de_real_deal said:

WOW Cheesy, I am surprised you said this. I just think again there are things we just dont know about. Who knows who in the media is even telling the truth. Until we hear it from Brett I just dont believe any of the stuff I am hearing right now. I truly think Brett should say something in all of this so there isnt so much negativity and then people would understand his side of the story a little more. Right now its all speculation, all I do know so far is Brett wants to play, but how it all happened is anyones guess.
That was the statement the Packers organization made. So i have no reason not to believe it. And Favre won't say anything, so until he says "No they didn't" i'll believe what the Packers said.
I'm not being negative about Favre. I love the guy. But the way i see it is his constant changing his mind is what got him into this mess. Favre isn't any more perfect then i am. I have made poor decisions in my life, and have had to live with the consequences. This seems to be a case where he might end up having to do the same. I don't think TT is evil, as so many try to make him out to be. He has no personal feelings in this, he's strictly looking at what makes the most sense business wise. And i don't believe he's been trying to get rid of Favre, cause he wasn't a TT draft pick. If you are running a business, the fastest way to mess it up is to make decisions on your "heart", and not your "brain".
Like i have stated elsewhere........no matter what happens, i'm not gonna get all worked up. Why? Because i have no say in it either way. I have 0% control of what happens. So why get all stressed out over it?
And with what i have seen of TT so far, he has been building a good team. So until i see it crash down around his ankles, i'm not gonna hate the guy. He was hired to do whats best for the Packers. MM and Mark Murphy are standing behind the moves he has made.
No doubt, this is one big mess. Both sides are gonna stink no matter what happens, short of a SB win this year.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They hated Ted Thompson when he replaced Mike Sherman as GM. Those haters said it was Holmgren, not Thompson, that shaped the Seahawks.

They hated Ted Thompson when he FIRED Mike Sherman. What an idiot! Gives the guy a RAISE and then fires his ***. After all, Mike got us in the playoffs, won the divison, blah, blah, blah.

They hated Ted Thompson for hiring Mike McCarthy. Why the hell not BATES for crying out loud. The guy ran the 49'rs offense for crissakes! What the hell were you thinking!

They hated Ted Thompson for not bringing in all those juicy FA's out there. Build through the draft? What is THAT all about? When he did bring in a FA like Woodson (to old and to expensive) and Pickett (who) they hated him for that.

The hated Ted for letting go A. Green and the sorry excuse for a replacement with a measly sixth round trade for some guy named Grant.

Let's see. Mike Shermans coaching college (for now anyways), NOBODY hired Bates for HC, the FA's we have brought in have been outstanding, we've got the best young team in the NFL because of, oh yeah, the draft, Grant may be the best sixth round trade in Packer history, and Mike McCarthy has led this team to nineteen wins in twenty three games.

That Ted Thompson is an IDIOT. Geez I hate that guy!

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They hated Ted Thompson when he replaced Mike Sherman as GM. Those haters said it was Holmgren, not Thompson, that shaped the Seahawks.

They hated Ted Thompson when he FIRED Mike Sherman. What an idiot! Gives the guy a RAISE and then fires his ***. After all, Mike got us in the playoffs, won the divison, blah, blah, blah.

They hated Ted Thompson for hiring Mike McCarthy. Why the hell not BATES for crying out loud. The guy ran the 49'rs offense for crissakes! What the hell were you thinking!

They hated Ted Thompson for not bringing in all those juicy FA's out there. Build through the draft? What is THAT all about? When he did bring in a FA like Woodson (to old and to expensive) and Pickett (who) they hated him for that.

The hated Ted for letting go A. Green and the sorry excuse for a replacement with a measly sixth round trade for some guy named Grant.

Let's see. Mike Shermans coaching college (for now anyways), NOBODY hired Bates for HC, the FA's we have brought in have been outstanding, we've got the best young team in the NFL because of, oh yeah, the draft, Grant may be the best sixth round trade in Packer history, and Mike McCarthy has led this team to nineteen wins in twenty three games.

Best post on this thread.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson is doing what's in the Packers' best interest. Favre is doing what's necessary to play a couple more years. It's that simple.

This is nothing new. Montana, Namath, Rice, Smith, Unitas...they and their teams eventually had to part ways. But you will always think of Montana and Rice as 49ers, Namath as a Jet...this will be no different 10 years from now.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
dd80forever said:

He was....in March....

he got cold feet...

Understand, this is Trom's time to shine. See how big that smile is big boy when your Fackers go 5-11 next year.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN is finally reporting that Favre wanted to come back in March and TT and MM welcomed him back. Then he changed his mind again. I just heard it. I was a little suprised they reported it.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you guys just dont get it. They are not a playoff team with Rodgers behind center. Ryan Grant will see 7-8 man fronts all season long and there's not a damn thing Rodgers will be able to do about it. Grant better sign that fat contract before the season or he will be a one year wonder. Ever heard of the domino effect? Bad QB hurts the running game, hurts the O-line, receivers and defense.

Defense plays more snaps due to 3& outs, gets worn down and more injuries, more mental breakdowns. Running game ineffective due to 8 man fronts and Packers having to come from behind. O-line faces more pressure due to unbalanced attack. QB less time to throw, receivers cant run deep routes because Rodgers has to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds.

Lol, you guys are in for a rude awakening. Rodgers wont be ready to lead this team to the playoffs until 2010 if ever. Have fun at your draft parties.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

you guys just dont get it. They are not a playoff team with Rodgers behind center. Ryan Grant will see 7-8 man fronts all season long and there's not a damn thing Rodgers will be able to do about it. Grant better sign that fat contract before the season or he will be a one year wonder. Ever heard of the domino effect? Bad QB hurts the running game, hurts the O-line, receivers and defense.

Defense plays more snaps due to 3& outs, gets worn down and more injuries, more mental breakdowns. Running game ineffective due to 8 man fronts and Packers having to come from behind. O-line faces more pressure due to unbalanced attack. QB less time to throw, receivers cant run deep routes because Rodgers has to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds.

Lol, you guys are in for a rude awakening. Rodgers wont be ready to lead this team to the playoffs until 2010 if ever. Have fun at your draft parties.

Got the ol crystal ball up and running I see.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
warhawk said:

Above you and everyone here at the top of the list of who wants this team to win happens to be a guy named Mike McCarthy. One of the strong points of McCarthy's resume is his ability to work with the development of young NFL QB's.

If Mike McCarthy felt anywhere close to what you describe here you can bet your *** he would have made sure Brett was brought back in here. Obviously, in MM's opinion, there is no where near the gap between these two you would like to make it. Unless, of course, MM, like TT, doesn't like Brett either and just wants him out too.

You might as well add MM to your hate list because without a doubt the FIRST person TT consulted when this came out was McCarthy and how he felt about Arod and what would be best for the team.

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Ryan Grant will see 7-8 man fronts all season long and there's not a damn thing Rodgers will be able to do about it.

Interesting statement. I wonder what you have to say about the Cowboys game where Rodgers showed the ability to find his WRs and move the ball pretty damn well.

That's not to say the game was conclusive proof that Rodgers is going to be a stud. But that game did show Rodgers is capable of playing with the big boys, and has the potential to hold his own.

Yet you come out and say Rodgers will not be able to hold his own even if Safties are coming up in the box to defend the run. How can you be so sure of this?

I would like to see the evidence that projects Rodgers' failure, and which also leads you to conclude what you have, da_real_deal.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
de_real_deal said:
Ryan Grant will see 7-8 man fronts all season long and there's not a damn thing Rodgers will be able to do about it.

Interesting statement. I wonder what you have to say about the Cowboys game where Rodgers showed the ability to find his WRs and move the ball pretty damn well.

That's not to say the game was conclusive proof that Rodgers is going to be a stud. But that game did show Rodgers is capable of playing with the big boys, and has the potential to hold his own.

Yet you come out and say Rodgers will not be able to hold his own even if Safties are coming up in the box to defend the run. How can you be so sure of this?

I would like to see the evidence that projects Rodgers' failure, and which also leads you to conclude what you have, da_real_deal.

Dontcha know that he wont be any good because he hasnt done anything yet..

So they know he wont be good, but cant provide real proof he wont be good..

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:
de_real_deal said:
warhawk said:

Above you and everyone here at the top of the list of who wants this team to win happens to be a guy named Mike McCarthy. One of the strong points of McCarthy's resume is his ability to work with the development of young NFL QB's.

If Mike McCarthy felt anywhere close to what you describe here you can bet your *** he would have made sure Brett was brought back in here. Obviously, in MM's opinion, there is no where near the gap between these two you would like to make it. Unless, of course, MM, like TT, doesn't like Brett either and just wants him out too.

You might as well add MM to your hate list because without a doubt the FIRST person TT consulted when this came out was McCarthy and how he felt about Arod and what would be best for the team.

Just for the record. I don't think you meant to quote me. I like MM and TT. I'm going to get a tattoo that has MM and TT forever with a heart around it. :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just a never ending cycle with the current regime of the Green Bay Packers. It just keep repeating itself.

Wasn't 5-11 the record the Packers were going to have a year ago because of Ted Thompson?

Maybe it was 7-9.

These bogus summer predictions are same old stuff.

Then GB goes 13-3 and all is well again.

I hope the pattern continues itself for 2008. People who are bitter against Thompson will predict failure and the Packers will shine through it. I don't think they'll win 13 this year but I think they'll win the division.

I'm not saying that because of any bitterness towards Brett Favre. I have none. I'm saying this because I'm a Packer fan and I root for the Green Bay Packers.

I understand people complaining because they want Favre but if your going to stop rooting for the Packers because of this then I'm sorry you weren't a Packer fan EVER. You were always a Brett Favre fan. Nothing wrong with that. You have the right to choose that and you have the right to root on anyone. Just don't pretend you were ever a Packer fan then.

You can be upset with the organization. I certainly have been. You can not like Ted Thompson but no true Packer fan would EVER stop rooting for the Packers under any circumstance.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
Unless favre is the starter day one now, Ted Thompson is the soul reason I left my life long favorite team for the New England Patriots(Michigan connection with Tom Brady). And I'm not a huge favre fan by any means, but I refuse to be a fan of a team managed by such a childish grey haired fool. Key to this is Favre rocks, second best QB in NFL last year vs. Rodgers, the man with glass bones.

Um...if you have forgotten, FAVRE LEFT THE PACKERS. Favre is the one who asked for an unconditional release. TT didn't trade him. TT didn't release him. TT didn't fire him. Favre left. Favre retired. TT and MM both told Favre at the end of last season that they wanted him back. They told him he was their guy, and he would be until he decided to hang it up. Favre turned them down. Favre didn't want to be a Packer anymore. If it wasn't for TT, half the guys on the team would never have been drafted by the Packers, we wouldn't have picked up Ryan Grant, and any other GM may have let Favre go instead of dealing with the "will he/won't he" garbage of the last three seasons. TT has been the reason Favre was the QB in GB for the last few years. It's ok to be a Favre fan first, Packer fan second. Just don't blame it on the GM.

Nice try with the "Michigan connection", there. There are how many Michigan players in the NFL, and you just happen to decide to follow the one who's won a bunch of Super Bowls recently?

Members online

Latest posts