I had it right, but the Packers had it wrong!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps it is the holiday weekend but the forum seems to be in a slump here. Not much good stuff to read. So Raider Pride is going to try and fire things up here….

Question?

Have you ever just been so frustrated after looking back at Packer Draft and having a Chrystal Clear Memory of who you would have drafted and the team went in a different direction? A year or years later you say to yourself… Dang… If only I was only making that pick, I had it nailed.

Oh I know hindsight is 20/20 but I am not talking about hindsight. I am talking about you knowing what they should have done, but they did not do it.

The key to this read will be to be honest. Where is there dignity unless there is honesty?

I can make my choice without judgment because the guy I wanted the Packers or Raiders to pick that I had such conviction about has not started a game yet in the NFL.

The guy I would have picked coming out of college is Jay Cutler. I am not even going to go into why the Raiders passed on him because I will have a cerebral hemorrhage. However, if I was in charge of drafting for the Packers last year (Being new to the position and not having any input in the 2005 draft) I would have packaged up our 2005 #1 pick of Rogers and the disgruntled J. Walker for a draft day trade to pick up talent and picked Jay Cutler.

I loved this kid during last years draft... He has not played a game yet. But that would be my pick.

Now AJ is a great pick… I am just saying I would have done what it took on draft day 2006 to land Cutler.

Now…. Who was your draft day pick that got away…

RP

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Since I wrote a long *** article with my pick I can't sway it to the obvious good pick.

I wanted that TE Davis that the 49ers picked. I'm glad we didn't and picked Hawk.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted Hawk without a doubt. Davis would've been the ****-pick and I'm glad we didn't go with him.

Cutler is going to be a good QB in the NFL without question. He has a huge amount of talent. However, he needs to prove he can play with the upper-level competetion still. At Vandy, he played a lot of lower level teams. If we would have taken him, we would've taken 2 QB's in the first round in consecutive years. Not a good way to build a team in my mind.

Members online

Latest posts