1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I had fun in your state

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packerbacker04, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all of you from Wisconsin just want to let you know I had a blast in your state the past week. Your cities are beautiful, I could move to Wisconsin in a heartbeat. I went to Madison and just wanted to say Camp randall stadium reminds me of the old tiger stadium also the Kohl center was a really cool looking arena similar to the breslin center in Lansing. The capital building in Madison was awesome but it just makes you wish you brought a camera with also went to Wisconsin dells. You guys have tons of roller coasters there and have added alot of new stuff since the last time I was there and that was in 1997. I went to the brewers dodgers game and Miller Park was the best ballpark I have been to even better than Comerica in Detroit. Wisconsin cities are alot nicer than cities like Flint, Saginaw, Grand rapids and Lansing. I have to tell you about my experience of coming withing a foot of hitting a pedesterian in Milwaukee. I totally didnt see the lady and almost blasted her, man I almost had a heart attack but I didnt hit her and thats what counts. It happened turning onto North avenue. I noticed alot of paintings on buildings in Milwaukee. You guys have alot of artists over there.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time here! Compared to alot of places, Wisconsin is quite nice. I have been all over the country, and i like it here the best i think!
    Come and visit ANYTIME!!!

3. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tis' a grand state. I visit every year for a couple of weeks. Best beer, best cheese, best farmer's market ( Madison ), all topped off with a week of outstanding fishing in northern WI. I look forward to it every year.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was born and raised in WI and lived there for 36 years. I loved going to the Dells, my most favorite thing to do there is ride the Ducks (Ducks are tourist boats, not that some of you think I hump ducks) LOL...I also love walking around Bay Beach by Green Bay, in Southern California you dont have places you can walk around in a wooded type atmosphere. Also the Marina in Port Washington is very nice to take a stroll and just soak in the clear air. Also if you want a great fish dinner go to Smith Bros. in Port Washington, I worked there for over 11 years. Then in Lake Church there is Harrington State Park where you see tons of deer and wildlife, when we go back there we take walks with my parents, they go there for their walks everyday. But the highlight is of course the city of Green Bay where there are Packer fans everywhere I love it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in my home state, if anyone gets a chance they should go to WI just to experience the beauty and all its surroundings. Its a wonderful place to live.

5. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heather, I grew up in Fredonia, Cheesey lives near there too.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    How true Hammer!
    I got to meet Heather and Edder (Her hubby) when they were back home visiting last year! GREAT people!!!

7. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW Hammer, I know where Fredonia is use to go and eat there every once in awhile. There was a resturant coming into Fredonia off of A. Gas station on the right and down the road there was a resturant dont know if its still there or not but used to go there all the time with my parents..where in Fredonia did you live? I had a few friends that lived there as well...

8. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would prefer to go to Wisconsin than cross the Mackinac Bridge to Lower Michigan anyday.
    Green Bay is my favorite place to go, but I do love Port Washington. We spent alot of time there when my brother and his family lived there.
    One of my most enjoyable times in Wisc. was the "Fish Day" (I believe) celebration with the parade and fireworks.
    The Dells of course is alot of fun too. You sure can drop large bundles of money there but it's worth it.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Yoop! (That was fun to say!!!LOL!) It's "Fish Day" in Port. The world's biggest outdoor fish fry. One HECK of a party!

10. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah alot of people come from the U.P. down here but I hate it here in Lower Michigan also. The cities are ugly and its just Michigan lol. Most people like Wisconsin more and cant say that I blame them.

11. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only beef I have about Wisconsin is that they have the worst drivers in America.

12. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yooper....have you ever driven in Boston????? Bunch of kamakaze Sox fans behind the steering wheel of a car and the only speed they obey is pedal to the metal.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Obviously you never drove in Los Angeles!!!
    I only was there once, and i'll tell you what, they scared the CRAP outta me!!!!
    If you leave enough space for a Mini Cooper between you and the car in front of you on the expressway, some nut in a Caddilac will shoot in between you and the car in front of you. So you HAVE to tailgate the whole time, or someone will cut you off.

14. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's funny Bob I was thinking about how bad driving in Boston is as I was typing about Wisc. drivers.

15. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey,
    I drove in L.A. too and that is scary, but it would be more scary if there was a bunch of Wisconsin drivers on those freeways at the same time. LOL
    You know from experience that we don't have alot of traffic up here in the U.P.
    Due to our proximity to Wisconsin we get alot of Wisc. drivers up here. It seems that whenever I see some really dumb **** happen on the road, the car involved has Wisconsin plates.
    I have even warned my teenagers to be extra careful around cars with Wisc. plates.
    This is kind of all tounge in cheek so don't get mad at me, especially if you have any plans to travel in the U.P.

16. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya Yooper, to make matters worse, it is Wisconsin drivers with one of these:

[​IMG]

Wisconsin plates + Packers Frame = Bad driver who is clueless. :rotflmao:

17. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's funny about this whole conversation is we tend to make jokes and poke fun at drivers from other states or cities, but never do we realize they are porbably doing the same thing about us.
    Human nature I guess. It's always somebody else's fault. Somebody else is a worse driver than we are.
    So.................when all else fails...blame Minnesota! :thumbsup:

18. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, those minnesota drivers are a whole nother story that i don't have time for this week.
    I'll be driving through Montana on my way to Idaho this summer so I'll be able to pass judgement on those drivers then. LOL

19. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yooper,
    Let me know when you're coming through. I assume it would be on I-90 through Missoula unless you're cutting south at Butte on I-15 towards Pocatello and Idaho Falls. Either way, watch out for that "heavy" traffic on the Interstate. More than 2 cars per mile we consider Grid Lock.

20. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    MB

You forgot warn yooper about the Buffalo!

21. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good grief...how could I forget about them?

Did you catch that Yooper? Keep a wary eye open for those critters and if you get stuck in a herd of them just give me a call. I'm an expert with them.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Yoop! (Got to say it again!LOL!) Just like most of the time when we have traffic trouble here, 99% of the time it involves a license plate from ILLINOIS!!! :rotflmao:

23. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't planned a route or specific time yet but my nephew will be wrestling in the National Championships in Fargo July 20-26 so I'm thinking I could go to Fargo and watch him and then head for Idaho.
    Can I do Fargo to Missoula in 1 day?

You better start saving some snowballs in your freezer in case I have to call on you to disperse a herd of Bison.

24. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't need a freezer to save snowballs. Lolo Peak near us has snow most of the year...only problem is climbing up to the 9000 foot level to get it.

Fargo to Missoula is 947 miles. That would be one long day of driving. It's all interstate and 75 mph but still a long drive. I'd plan on stopping at either Miles City MT or Billings MT. Billings is a 6 hour drive from Missoula.

MB

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Gonna be reslin' in Fargo dere? Yeah???
    (Sorry.......couldn't resist!!!)LOLOLOL!!!
    I LOVED the movie Fargo!!!
    :rotflmao: