1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I give the Packer draft an A+

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ohiopacker2, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ohiopacker2

ohiopacker2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Raji and Matthews could be difference makers , Lang and Meridith add depth for OL , Johnson looks like a good blocking FB , Underwood - good pick -4.4 speed and size 6' 1" , Winn and Jones add depth for DL. On trading up for Matthews - at first thought , you might think we gave up too much - a 2nd and 2- 3rds for a 1st and a 5th- but one of those 3rd was from the Favre trade - and he was supposed to retire anyway - then he came back - then the trade and we got a 3rd for him -in other words we got a free 3rd rd pk. So , long story short - we traded a 2nd and a 3rd for a 1st and a 5th . GO PACK !

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    And at that 5th we selected possibily the steal of the draft in Jamon Meredith. Agree with you, don't know if it is an A+, because none of them has played yet, but could be soon enough...

3. nelanator

nelanator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. a_rodg

a_rodg Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i agree i think we had one of the best drafts, im not sure about an A+ but around an A

5. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It was a good draft, Raji and Matthews were great picks, not so sure on Lang or the need of Johnson though. Overall however it was a good draft

6. sask_cheesehead

sask_cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I'd give the draft an "A" as well. It made much more sense to me than last year's draft did.:confused:

7. favrefan4

favrefan4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, i give it an A-/B+ We needed the defense and thats mostly what we got.