I found this interesting...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sherman was a good coach but we need to move on why dwell on the past lets see what the new staff brings to the table,i like what mm did in the chargers game 2 red flags,and he won so lets go from there :evil:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
sherman was a good coach but we need to move on why dwell on the past lets see what the new staff brings to the table,i like what mm did in the chargers game 2 red flags,and he won so lets go from there :evil:

Oh my god, we are we really digging deep now. 2 red flags and he won? AWESOME!!!!!!

Screw the O-Line being a disaster, the Defense playing sub-par, etc, but the 2 challenge flags man, thats what legends are made of!

I also noticed that MM had 2 socks on, so that impressed me. Super Bowl, here we come!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what he meant was that MM was decisive in throwing the red flags where Sherman was always a little confused or hesitant...always wanting someone to confer with him before making the move.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, the sub-par d and the inexperience of the o-line are the new HC's fault. Why do people insist on blaming management for players underperforming? the play-calling and challenges were good imo.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
yes, the sub-par d and the inexperience of the o-line are the new HC's fault. Why do people insist on blaming management for players underperforming? the play-calling and challenges were good imo.

Ok the players suck. Is that better? Which way do you want it. Don't blame the coach, don't blame the GM, don't blame the players.......who do we blame?

Seems to me you are blaming the players on the field, which is exactly the reason I blame TT. He put them there.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

IMHO, the play calling stunk, it reminded me of last year ALOT.
Management ( Teddy ) asssembled this team and McCarthy and company put those players out on that field looking totally confused and unprepared.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
pack_in_black said:

IMHO, the play calling stunk, it reminded me of last year ALOT.
Management ( Teddy ) asssembled this team and McCarthy and company put those players out on that field looking totally confused and unprepared.

Yep, for all the people that complained about MS's play calling, I honestly didn't see any difference with MM's.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the first pre-season game, with little gameplanning, against a team that blitzed far more than anything I have seen in recent years' pre-season opener. Yeah, no ***** they looked bad!

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But............................We are also running our base plays which we have run all pre-season long....wouldn't you think some of our base plays might have busted loose for a little sumthin????

If we can run our base any better then how are we going to get fancy?

Another question, sorry!!!!

WHY CAN'T OUR WO'S GET ANY SEPERATION?????? Teams get open all the time against us!!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
But............................We are also running our base plays which we have run all pre-season long....wouldn't you think some of our base plays might have busted loose for a little sumthin????

If we can run our base any better then how are we going to get fancy?

Another question, sorry!!!!

WHY CAN'T OUR WO'S GET ANY SEPERATION?????? Teams get open all the time against us!!!

I just said the playcalling reminded me of Shermans which I didn't have a problem with as many here seem to.

And to answer your question KRD. Our WR's don't get seperation because Brett has to throw the ball in 2 seconds. Unlike GB's pass rush, where opposing QB's have 12 minutes.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...our DBs were also playing off of the receivers rather than their typical jamming at the line. Perhaps the staff wanted these guys to get their legs under them before allowing them to get real aggressive with WRs. I expect the next and remaining games you will see our corners getting in people's faces.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's because Harris, Woodson and Carroll are solidifying the best DB trio in the NFL!![/quote]

man, I hope thats true, but Harris hasn't looked good since his INT against Sea, and Woodson hasn't looked good since he played 4 Michigan.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's obvious that some here would like nothing better than to see things status quo.

Sherman still the GM. Sherman still the HC.

First of all, Sherman as GM, wouldn't have been able to pull off anything different last year with $2mil to work with and all the injuries. Don't even TRY to tell me his GM skills would have made a difference. He was on level PP (**** poor) as far as GM's go and that's probably projecting a little on the high side.

Now, with no one to blame ABOVE him, Sherman looks below. The "O" line coach is gone for sure because that's what Sherman does. Finds a scapegoat. Now he replaces him with a guy that maybe has half a brain, maybe not.

After a really bad 05 Shermans rear is feeling a little warm so what moves does he make now? SMA (save my ***) moves. That's what.

Takes the cap dollars and draft picks and parlays most into FA which puts us in cap hell NEXT year and years to come, but hey, we go 10-6 or 11-5 and the guy lives on for another day.

And in two years when we play Washington (because this is EXACTLY what they did and where they will be) to a 3-3 tie in the worst game ever witnessed people here will get to slam the next GM before he's had a chance to take his first dump in Lambeau!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
It's obvious that some here would like nothing better than to see things status quo.

First of all, Sherman as GM, wouldn't have been able to pull off anything different last year with $2mil to work with and all the injuries. Don't even TRY to tell me his GM skills would have made a difference. He was on level PP (**** poor) as far as GM's go and that's probably projecting a little on the high side.

Now, with no one to blame ABOVE him, Sherman looks below. The "O" line coach is gone for sure because that's what Sherman does. Finds a scapegoat. Now he replaces him with a guy that maybe has half a brain, maybe not.

After a really bad 05 Shermans rear is feeling a little warm so what moves does he make now? SMA (save my ***) moves. That's what.

Takes the cap dollars and draft picks and parlays most into FA which puts us in cap hell NEXT year and years to come, but hey, we go 10-6 or 11-5 and the guy lives on for another day.

And in two years when we play Washington (because this is EXACTLY what they did and where they will be) to a 3-3 tie in the worst game ever witnessed people here will get to slam the next GM before he's had a chance to take his first dump in Lambeau!

So you're saying it's better that we go 4-12 instead of suffering through another 10-6 or 11-5 season?

I don't know about cap hell, all I remember is that we always seemed to have enough money to afford players who could get us to a winning record and playoff contention ever year.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
warhawk said:

So you're saying it's better that we go 4-12 instead of suffering through another 10-6 or 11-5 season?

I don't know about cap hell, all I remember is that we always seemed to have enough money to afford players who could get us to a winning record and playoff contention ever year.

Exactly what I was thinking Lare, great post!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with putting the money into the future, to stay at that 10-6 level is that you never seem to get over the hump and win some playoff games. Please see the fall of Camelot in San Francisco in the late nineties early 00's. They crashed and burned hard and still haven't recovered. I think Harlan realized this was about to happen in Green Bay and made a preemtive strike by removing MS from his GM duties. I think a few influential share holders may have been kicking him in the ***, but that is only speculation on my part not fact Pyle.

Yeah, we had a miserable year last year, but it wasn't MS's fault, it wasn't TT's fault, it wasn't Brett's fault for 29 picks, and it wasn't the fault of injuries. It was the fault four collectively.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
The problem with putting the money into the future, to stay at that 10-6 level is that you never seem to get over the hump and win some playoff games. Please see the fall of Camelot in San Francisco in the late nineties early 00's. They crashed and burned hard and still haven't recovered. I think Harlan realized this was about to happen in Green Bay and made a preemtive strike by removing MS from his GM duties. I think a few influential share holders may have been kicking him in the ***, but that is only speculation on my part not fact Pyle.

Yeah, we had a miserable year last year, but it wasn't MS's fault, it wasn't TT's fault, it wasn't Brett's fault for 29 picks, and it wasn't the fault of injuries. It was the fault four collectively.

I really want to agree with you Dakota, I really do. I'm not disagreeing just to disagree but if you are a 10-6 ball club dismantling the team for the future is premature. At 10-6 you are only 2 players away from 13-3 and a serious contender. This team was a 10-6 team until TT took over. If he would have made the right moves we would have had a 10-6 team going into last year. This team HEALTHY wasn't a 10-6 team last year period. If he finds a way to re-sign Wahle going into last year and then made some minor moves this year we would have alot better chance of fielding a competitor this year while Brett's still here. You don't dismantle a 10-6 team.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

I really want to agree with you Dakota, I really do. I'm not disagreeing just to disagree but if you are a 10-6 ball club dismantling the team for the future is premature. At 10-6 you are only 2 players away from 13-3 and a serious contender. This team was a 10-6 team until TT took over. If he would have made the right moves we would have had a 10-6 team going into last year. This team HEALTHY wasn't a 10-6 team last year period. If he finds a way to re-sign Wahle going into last year and then made some minor moves this year we would have alot better chance of fielding a competitor this year while Brett's still here. You don't dismantle a 10-6 team.
Yeah, I vaguely remember guys like that. I think their names were Joe Johnson and Hardy Nickerson.

Pyle, we all wanted to keep Wahle and it broke my heart when he and Marco left, and we all no the remifications of it! But it's time to let go, man, just let it go! I promise, you'll wake up tomorrow and the birds will be singing and you only probably make those boys run 50 wind sprints instead of 100.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

Yeah, I vaguely remember guys like that. I think their names were Joe Johnson and Hardy Nickerson.

Pyle, we all wanted to keep Wahle and it broke my heart when he and Marco left, and we all no the remifications of it! But it's time to let go, man, just let it go! I promise, you'll wake up tomorrow and the birds will be singing and you only probably make those boys run 50 wind sprints instead of 100.

Actually the boys won't be running wind sprints at all tommorrow, because there is no practice.

As to your point, you could be putting Charles Woodson on that list real soon.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

And using Hardy Nickerson as a free-agent flop is weak. If we are using guys like that I can easily use O'Dwyer,Little,Freeman,Thompson ......OR......Basically every Free Agent TT ever brought in.

Oh yeah, add Billy Cundiff to that list. Another GREAT TT signing

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
And using Hardy Nickerson as a free-agent flop is weak. If we are using guys like that I can easily use O'Dwyer,Little,Freeman,Thompson ......OR......Basically every Free Agent TT ever brought in.

Oh yeah, add Billy Cundiff to that list. Another GREAT TT signing

Add Samkon Gado too?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts