I found this interesting...

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers have the NFL's best regular season record since Cowher was hired in 1992, 141-82-1. The Packers are second with a 141-83 record.

Coach Sherman must not have be too bad! LOL And that's with last years sucky year.

So if Sherman would have won a SB he would be considered one of the best.

I hope the new leaders have the same success!!!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah there are a number of things that can affect that which allow Sherman to look good. All that matters are the playoffs, going 16-0 doesnt matter unless you can win the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
It helps to be in a weak division, doesn't it?

Whatever.....winning is winning losing is losing! Don't really believe in the week division argument.

I bet we all would love to go 10-6 this year! What if we go 4-12 again? What do we do? Wait another year and then another and the next thing you know it's the 1970's all over again.

SCARY!!!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It also helps to have Brett Favre on your team.

I'd say Sherman benefited from that fact alone the most!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
The Steelers have the NFL's best regular season record since Cowher was hired in 1992, 141-82-1. The Packers are second with a 141-83 record.

Coach Sherman must not have be too bad! LOL And that's with last years sucky year.

So if Sherman would have won a SB he would be considered one of the best.

I hope the new leaders have the same success!!!

Amazing! Sherman was a solid coach, you don't win that many games in the NFL without being one. As with any record you will always have people trying to put an asterik beside it. He took the fall last year for TT's incompetence, period. Before you start bashing MS's playcalling I seem to remember MM's game looking pretty similar. If anything Sherman could not get his team motivated. They looked sluggish, unprepared, and lacked aggression. Kind of like the game the other day. At least Sherman could get his punt team in on time however.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd...great stat but forget it. These guys won't give Sherman credit. They will tell you a hundred reasons why he had that record....and non of them include him. The fact is is that "TT has reloaded this team with great young talent and gotten rid of all the Sherman trash" yet the Packers will be lucky to win 8 games. This with "better talent" and Brett Favre still here. Hmmmm

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
krd...great stat but forget it. These guys won't give Sherman credit. They will tell you a hundred reasons why he had that record....and non of them include him. The fact is is that "TT has reloaded this team with great young talent and gotten rid of all the Sherman trash" yet the Packers will be lucky to win 8 games. This with "better talent" and Brett Favre still here. Hmmmm

hmmmmmmmm

Now this is funny

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand the HATE towards him.

He won ball games...did he win the big one or all of them NO but come on he competed every year except last year. So for this he sucks!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
A good QB doesn't always egual wins....It is a team that wins

During that time, Favre was good for at least 3-4 wins during the season, by himself.

Remember, or has everyone forgotten that fact?

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might give you that, but how about all the games he lost?

This reminds me of the stat about comeback wins..........STUPID.......

First of all your behind because the other team is better or you stunk it up that day.

Second they only keep track of the wins.........how many loses are in there. I bet my last 2 cents there are more loses then wins!!!

Sorry kind of off line but I really hate that everytime I hear it. Bottom lline without a team around him we suck...LAST YEAR is a prime example

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
8-8 wasn't too bad.

Hell, it's better than TT's Packers did last year!

Apples, oranges

Rhodes was the Coach.
Thompson is the GM.

Rhodes inherited a team built by Wolf and Holmgren.
Thompson inherited a team built by Sherman.

You tell me who had the upper hand.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
I guess I just don't understand the HATE towards him.

He won ball games...did he win the big one or all of them NO but come on he competed every year except last year. So for this he sucks!

He also pissed very winable playoff games down his leg, but he Pro-Sherman crowd will give you lame excuses. He gets the glory for the regular season wins, he takes the heat for the playoff losses.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero,

You're too serious man. Can't you see a joke when you hear one?

Of course Rhodes was better!

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only playoff game in question is the Philly game.........which we all spend so much time hatting the play-calling or the defenseive calls that we forget that I learned in grade school not to let a guy get behind me in that situation.

Why is it the players get no heat for that play? They blew it not the coaching!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts