I for one hope Capers gets a job elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, if the players had actually covered their men I have a feeling it might have worked a little better. Actually doubt any play would work if the players don't execute it.

BTW where have you guys been when we won?

That's fantastic. I imagine that players covering their man helping the play work better is applicable to all defensive situations.

I will say historically, over the last few years, our defense has performed very poorly in 3rd and 10+ situations when we don't generate pressure, which is pretty much a given with a 3 man rush.

I'm okay with playing coverage if it's 3rd and 25, where your passing lanes get smaller and the holes in the zone are much smaller. But on 3rd and 11, if you give the quarterback all day, the coverage will eventually break down and a hole will open up.

In general. Not saying that's specifically what happened on that play, but I do think it was a very poor defensive playcall.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How about instead of saying Capers is at fault and dig up a thread to ridicule someone, find out what scheme was called, and what ever players job was..Once we know that then bring up the thread to ridicule people?

Cuz you now know when we shut them down next week, others will call you out?

And you= general people, not anyone in paticular

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You hardly post during season, now you come out of wood work and blast people?

Know what that is?

Um, my old *** thread got bumped because of 1 game. That's blasting me. I just speak more "direct", sorry.

And, I used to post a lot, til a mod who-i'll-not-name (Not you) had a case of the power hunger. (Can't think of the right word). Then, I forgot my password. Til the other day when I saw this was bumped I was determined to remember my pw.

What's ironic is that I bumped an old thread which I thought was funny (wasn't bashing anyone's opinon), and that's when my issue with the mod happened when they deleted it and scolded me for bumping old threads.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Um, my old *** thread got bumped because of 1 game. That's blasting me. I just speak more "direct", sorry.

And, I used to post a lot, til a mod who-i'll-not-name (Not you) had a case of the power hunger. (Can't think of the right word). Then, I forgot my password. Til the other day when I saw this was bumped I was determined to remember my pw.

What's ironic is that I bumped an old thread which I thought was funny (wasn't bashing anyone's opinon), and that's when my issue with the mod happened when they deleted it and scolded me for bumping old threads.

DERP BUMP FOR IVO

is what you said...To me that is calling him out==blasting him

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The original bump called me out too?

I saw you didnt post for while..

1st post from you I saw is bumping thread calling him out...

I didnt look to read every post to see who created it, or who called you out

Its all good now..

Move along lol

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
How is a guy who has been coaching defensive football for 37 years still the only one who has not figured out that a 3 man rush on 3rd and long for us is asking for a disaster?

STOP playing prevent defenses late in close games. Just STOP!
I just found this in the Dom Capers dictionary: Prevent Defense-To prevent a Defense from winning a game..

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I just found this in the Dom Capers dictionary: Prevent Defense-To prevent a Defense from winning a game..
Actually, its to prevent a team from scoring a TD. I actually kind of agreed with the call. Peterson was out, and it was obvious they were throwing, why not double every receiver? I honestly thought they would hail mary.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bump it now again please. Might as well merge it.

Hate to say I told you so, but..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts