I for one hope Capers gets a job elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Wow so if we go to a SB and were up 28-0 with2 min left and they score a TD should capers get fired cuz we let them get a TD when the outcome would have been a win for us regardless? Some people's children I tell you!
Can we get a "rate this post 'fail" button?
Anyone still want to run Capers out of town?
I don't want Capers out, but I believe there is still a good chance he retires at the end of the season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a rumor floating around at the end of last year that Capers wanted to retire. No real basis as to why I believe it, would be happy to be wrong

I know one of the defensive position coaches wants to move on to further his career with another team (he has had success in GB and should have offers) but that was over the summer. Hopefully he wants to stay but doesn't have any ties or kids in the area so I think he leaves.

Win the SB and turnover could be real high

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I know one of the defensive position coaches wants to move on to further his career with another team (he has had success in GB and should have offers) but that was over the summer. Hopefully he wants to stay but doesn't have any ties or kids in the area so I think he leaves.
Moss?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'd rather not say. It's such a vague comment though its not like its a leap of faith to believe a positions coach could leave haha
That's a no then. Trgovac is content as a position coach, so its not him. Could be Whitt, and Perry deserves it, but I'd rather not know which of my three favorite defensive coaches it is. We have such a husky staff right now, seems like everyone is jumping to gut us...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Win the SB and turnover could be real high

Thought this two years ago. Seems most coaching vacancies fill before the playoffs end. Not as many losses as one would think. If we don't make NFC CG again I could see more leaving.

Reaction score
Tramon was crippled - Nick Collins > Peprah - Shields was soft and Woodson was a step slow.
Morgan is decent until he has to cover a Receiver for more than 5 seconds.
Clay double/triple teamed - No one else got pressure...
So the secondary was banged up and had holes - so no coverage sacks, the front seven sucked, so that suspect secondary was ripe for QBs to slice up.....

.....Dom! :mad: (shatner "KHAN!" style)

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets wait and see what the defense can do against a good offense.

I have plenty examples of what our defense looks like against good offensive teams.

No clue why this thread was bumped. Hmm lets wait a year til our D plays a great game against a BAD QB then bump! LOL!

Woohoo! I remembered my password.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have plenty examples of what our defense looks like against good offensive teams.

No clue why this thread was bumped. Hmm lets wait a year til our D plays a great game against a BAD QB then bump! LOL!

Well that's partially true about bad qb's because we have made some look pretty darn good to. Blaine Gabbert, John Skelton just to name a few.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or just wait a year to see the team finish top 10 in defense. You know, so history could show you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a no then. Trgovac is content as a position coach, so its not him. Could be Whitt, and Perry deserves it, but I'd rather not know which of my three favorite defensive coaches it is. We have such a husky staff right now, seems like everyone is jumping to gut us...

You maybe wrong????

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No complaints about the defense this year! But I think TT deserves part of that credit as well.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers probably isnt going anywhere. Why would he ? Hes got the beginnings of an excellent defense to build on. I just wonder if there might be some team that will offer him another chance at a head coaching job, with all the openings around the league that appear to be coming ?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just my opinion of course but I wouldn`t want Capers to leave. Things have started to come good finally, and in fairness a lot of our problems in defence have been as a result of injuries, so considering he could only rely on second and third string players at times he obviously coached them well enough to do the job. Just my opinion of course.
Before anybody picks me up on this, YES I wasn`t too happy in the early days, but things worked out okay.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
it's really hard doing a thread about this, W/O a feeling of being violated......it is a 17 week season by our record last season it is possible to win them all, with all that said, this team needs to figure where the Hell r we, and can we cure the Assnine performance o the field, it's beginning to look a lot like I will not be the only one watching the Super Bowl at home.....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is a guy who has been coaching defensive football for 37 years still the only one who has not figured out that a 3 man rush on 3rd and long for us is asking for a disaster?

STOP playing prevent defenses late in close games. Just STOP!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You know, if the players had actually covered their men I have a feeling it might have worked a little better. Actually doubt any play would work if the players don't execute it.

BTW where have you guys been when we won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts