I doubt Favre returns

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is why:
1. He wanted to see what we did to help team. We lost our center, his friend and have done nothing to get guards. Our interior OL is worse than last year and that can't be encouraging to him to know he will get killed at QB.
2. Walker wants out, Driver is year older and I don't see where we are better at WR or TE.
3. Running game remains big question. Can Green come back to old numbers with this interior line, I doubt it.
4. New coaching staff. I have not seen anything from Favre saying he likes or supports the new head coach
5. If the desire was really there we would have seen it by now. I think with the past family problems he will want to just chill and sit out and be around his daughters (and maybe make a son).

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the opposite

I think Favre returns if he waited this long, because deep down he knows this team is S.O.L., because all of the QB's on the market have been signed practically

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was gonna quit, i think he would have already. Otherwise, why push back the bonus? Why not just say "I'm done!"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read an article in PackerNet where it seems TT and the boys are getting pretty edgy. I don't blame them. He will really be leaving them out there if he quits now.
We would have had plenty of $ to sign anybody we wanted with the extra $7.6 mill it puts in the cofer with his retirement. That money won't do us nearly as much good now with not only all the good QB's gone but most of the other really good FA's being signed.

If he takes off now we are in serious do do at QB. I can tell you this. If we knew he was done we would have signed a reliable QB by now and who knows if we wouldn't have felt compelled to go after Brees?

There is no telling what the sense of urgancy will create in action until it is actually felt.

My gut tells me we would have been as active in acquiring Bree's as those that did initially. And why not? We may very well as felt as strongly as it relates to a need for a quality QB as Miami or NO.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Favre leaving would be the last thing I would ever want to see (I would let him play until he was 50, just to see him), I am still eagerly awaiting the year he retires just to see how the team, and new QB, will play when he is gone. Sad times, though.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre decides to leave the NFL today, would you consider his timing to be detremental to the Packer's ability to have picked up an adequate veteran QB? I do. And I couldn't imagine Favre putting the Packers in that situation. So I think he will return.

Maybe I'm putting too muck stock in Favre's compassion for his team rather than the professional choice that he has to make.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
If Favre decides to leave the NFL today, would you consider his timing to be detremental to the Packer's ability to have picked up an adequate veteran QB? I do. And I couldn't imagine Favre putting the Packers in that situation. So I think he will return.

Maybe I'm putting too muck stock in Favre's compassion for his team rather than the professional choice that he has to make.

ok, skito - you just made me feel better! imagine that - a bears fan making a packer fan feel better - perish the thought, right??

but seriously, you made some valid points & i think you're thinking exactly how the rest of us are. in his heart & love for the game, it's hard to imagine him leaving. but emotionally & mentally, is it time?? that's the conundrum in a nutshell.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longer Favre goes with this the more I think he'll come back because he wants to play. If he didn't want to play he'd retire right away. Obviously he does. Whether he comes back or not I'll support him..

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.We have been able to sign most of our free agents, and some outside ones. the draft has yet to come.
2.Walker will play, Driver played great last year so he will be at least good this year, Bubba is healty and donalde lee is good. Rod Gardner was signed, Marc was signed. we have a legit 4 WR's
3.Green is healty, Gado ran fine last year with the same line.
4.When Mcarthy was around in 99 Favre and him were pretty good buddies
5.Favre loves the game we all know that. he just doesnt want to have another 4-12 seaon.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can count to five, too.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I also got a new av. I know most of you all will like it.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Here is why:
1. He wanted to see what we did to help team. We lost our center, his friend and have done nothing to get guards. Our interior OL is worse than last year and that can't be encouraging to him to know he will get killed at QB.
2. Walker wants out, Driver is year older and I don't see where we are better at WR or TE.
3. Running game remains big question. Can Green come back to old numbers with this interior line, I doubt it.
4. New coaching staff. I have not seen anything from Favre saying he likes or supports the new head coach
5. If the desire was really there we would have seen it by now. I think with the past family problems he will want to just chill and sit out and be around his daughters (and maybe make a son).

Interesting view, pax. nice stuff.

Heres why i think Favre WILL return:

1. He wanted to see what we did to help our team. We signed back Willie Henderson, and signed a group of RBs that will help him on offense(green,gado,najeh). With money to spend and good draft position, we will probably fix our interior line, because that is a huge problem. Rome wasn't built in a day.
2. Walker wants out. Favre and Walker didnt seem to agree on much during their years as teammates. Favre liked to throw to Javon, but all the offseason stuff probably didnt rub #4 the right way. Bye Javon, and say hello to your new WR core that includes Driver\Moulds\Gardner\Boreigter (If the moulds\javon trade happens)
3. Running game is looking awesome.
4. New coaching staff. It was pretty obvious winning a superbowl wasn't going to happen with Sherman. Ted brought in Favres old QB coach, and promoted a man familiar with the team as DC.
5. All the news reports from people saying "the longer he doesn't say anything, the more its likely hes coming back." Well...we keep waiting longer and longer...so if that theory is true, then he is coming back.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read somewhere, sorry I can't remember the source, that Favre had a personal trainer and was working out again. Don't think it's for his golf game. Anyone else read that article?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts