1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I don't think we'll catch the Bears

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Oct 24, 2012.

1. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Not what harbagh said.. I think you have a big controversy coming up and I think Colin will be starting this week. Harbagh said you have to stick with the "hot hand"

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We caught the Bears.
    Now we have road games left at:

NY Giants (6-4)
    Chicago (7-3)
    Minnesota (6-4)

If we win 2 out of those 3, or better, we're golden.
    If we lose 2 out of those 3, or worse, trouble.

The Niners look so much better with Kaepernick. He has a stronger arm than Smith does, as we saw, and clearly he has better speed. Funny because Smith was taken above Rodgers because he supposedly was such a good athlete. The BlackGreek Kaepernick is more athletic. Hard to believe the Giants went to SF a few weeks ago and just KICKED THE NINERS ARSES. Beat them down in the trenches and up & down the field.

Of course things will change after our game vs the Giants this week, and the Bears play Minny, etc. But if the season ended now:

Wildcard Weekend:
    #6 Seattle @ #3 Green Bay
    #5 Chicago @ #4 NY Giants

• Like Like x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    That hold true too?

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    we shall see, nothing is solid this early. I don't care for A. smith, but it's not like he was playing poorly enough to consider a replacement.....yet.
    One game does not make a "hot hand", with the way the NFL works and games are being played, you never know about the next week, the kid could come out and lay an egg. He has all the tools of an NFL QB, he did look good, I admit that. But to bench Smith, no way, not in my eyes.....it's not like he has been playing like Vick, or Cassell, or anyone else that has been on the fence of riding the pine or not.

5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453

No excuses for what happened at Indy.......that was to much relax mode after having a big lead. But the vaulted bears defense is what got trounced, that's what sparks my interest. We learned from the Indy game.

6. 757Niner

757Niner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Excatly my point as well. Alex's only real bad outing was the Giants game. He was playing lights out versus the Rams until he got concussed. I think ppl are overreacting to great game against a slightly overrated defense. Bears didn't disguise their coverage early and they paid for it. Roman started out giving CK simple reads. We went with a lot of heavy sets, play-action out of those which usually left a mis-match(mainly VD) open. Those first couple of throws were nicely set-up to give CK some early success. Then CK made nice sight adjustments and audible to a couple of quick slants. Nothing earth-shattering. But the Bears never confused CK...except for that sack where they showed blitz then dropped into coverage. No defense from here on out would approach CK the same way. They never made CK second guess anything he was seeing. Very surprised by the Bears approach.

Once more tape of CK makes it rounds around the league, you'll get a better definition of where he truly is as a QB. CK probably made one throw Alex doesn't make.....the one to Kyle Williams. But frankly, that's the best I've seen CK throw the ball since he's been a Niner. One of his biggest problems since being drafted has been his accuracy, especially intermediate or deep. Much too early to just give him the job as some are implying.

7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    The title of this thread makes me smile.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Me too :)

Remaining Schedules:

Chicago
    vs Minnasoda
    vs Seattle
    @ Minnasoda
    vs PACKERS
    @ Arizona
    @ Detroit

Packers
    @ NY Giants
    vs Minnasoda
    vs Detroit
    @ BEARS
    vs Tennessee
    @ Minnasoda

It's gonna go down to the last week it looks like because divisional tiebreakers will be important and I doubt either team will be 2 games above the other by then... unless one team gains 2 full games over the next 5 weeks.

9. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    I don't think it will. We aren't the only ones who watched the 49ers game

10. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Interesting breakdown on the Bears game last night from one of their forums:

http://chicagobearsboard.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?20424

• Like Like x 1
  11. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,660
    I love Kaepernick's potential, especially working under Harbaugh, a premier coach of QBs.

But this "QB controversy" stuff is overbaked for the reasons you cited.

There isn't much film on the guy...the little he's played has been wildcat/red zone stuff. If he can get a few more starts and can show that teams are not figuring him out, then he might be ready for prime time. And it's one thing to go out there with low expectations and not much personally at risk vs. being handed the leadership and the expectations that come with.

If Smith is recovered next week, he'll start, and Kaepernick will have to wait for another day.

Smith has proven to be an effective QB under Harbaugh. He moves the ball, protects the ball. As I illustrated in a previous post, his stats (yards per completion looked at together with yards after catch), indicate a much improved down field passing game this season, arguably better than the Packers. He was 2 muffed punts away from a SB last season. When you're this close to the prize, you stay with your solid veteran who's done everything he needed to do to win these past 2 seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,272
    Thanks for that, PackFanNChiTown. What an entertaining post - even used the word, "ennui" correctly. As I've posted before, schadenfreude isn't a becoming trait but sometimes I … just … can't … hepit! On Bears radio (the Score) this morning a Packers fanatic had a smorgasbord of laughs at the expense of Bears fans available. At one point, someone mentioned "Carimi's bruised tailbone" would be a good nickname. On another thread I quoted McGinn's article "O-lines not vital…" and his caveat in that article was, "Obviously, if a unit is as bad as those in Philadelphia, Arizona or Jacksonville, an offense has little or no chance." Just as obviously the Bears OL belonged in that group last night.

And of course it wasn't only the OL. As the poster said the Bears' D was dominated too. This offseason they'll have the twin burdens of rebuilding their OL while preparing for the exit-due-to-age of a few important pieces to their "vaunted" D. All that makes this Packers fanatic :D

13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,660
    Not so fast there, cowboy. Here's the exact quote:

"I usually tend to go with the guy that has the hot hand and we have two quarterbacks that have a hot hand," Harbaugh said after Monday's 32-7 victory.

Pretty clever, I'd say. Make the Saints divide their focus game planning for both.

If Smith's cobwebs have cleared, he'll start. That, however, is not a certainty.

14. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    Do you hear the whispers? They're using words like "overrated," and "Pretenders." They're saying the Bears' so-called #1 Defense was only #1 because they didn't play anybody.

When does the losing streak end? Against the Vikings? Maybe but I doubt it. The Seahawks? Doubtful. The Pack? Not a chance. Maybe the Cardinals since they're about your speed.

Bear fans, look behind you. Do you see all those 6-4 teams? Plus you can't discount the 5-5 Saints, though they DO have a very tough schedule.

6-4 Bucs.
    6-4 Vikes
    6-4 Seahawks.

They all have one thing in common, they're all playing good football right now. Plus they're hungry. They've got that Eye of the Tiger (to quote Rocky III). They're fired up and itching to knock your team out of the playoff hunt.

Right now the Bears are not hungry. The Bears are not fighting.

The Bears are beaten down. They're weak and they play like it. Just look at their performance last night.

No hunger.
    No fire.
    No fight.

There will be no "backing" into the playoffs in the NFC North this year. They either step up and knock the other guy down and TAKE their spot in the playoffs or go home.

Right now the Bears are playing like they want to go home.

We'll know more after Sunday. Bears can beat the Vikings if they bring their "A" game. If they get punched in the nose by them however, we'll know that the fight has left Da Bears and they've chosen to sit on the sidelines the rest of the season.

15. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    A recap:
    "You guys suck!"
    [​IMG]
    "Well at least "I" didn't suck!
    [​IMG]
    "Is this s**t over yet?"
    [​IMG]
    "At least he can't get by me when I'm sitting on the bench!"
    [​IMG]
    "SAFETY DANCE! IT'S A SAFETY DANCE!"
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it's time we put in our backup QB!
    oh wait...
    [​IMG]
    HOLY S**T IT'S CHRISTMAS! THANKS CAMPBELL!
    [​IMG]
    He's SOOO not getting laid tonight!
    [​IMG]
    "But we're the #1 DEFENSE!"
    "NOT TONIGHT B***H! TD!"
    [​IMG]
    "Man dem fools can't stop a Tonka Toy!"
    [​IMG]
    "NEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Besides the December game where we play Chicago, I will actually be rooting for the Bears!
    Think about it! We could have Cutler come to GB for a playoff game! That would be great!
    We have his number and our D is in his head....

I would love to see us get a matchup with them in the playoffs....

Would also love to see that Seattle re-match.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    I'd be happier if the Bears play so badly they don't make the playoffs.

18. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    From what most people have been saying it looks like smith would be cleard to play but CK looks like he will start and this is not good because I believe CK gives them the best chance at winning.

19. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,660
    Smith was not cleared to practice as of Wed, so CK is getting first team snaps.

20. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    Just heard on the radio the reason there starting CK was NOT based on smiths health... CK gives them a better offense..

21. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +392
    I re
    I replied a couple weeks ago. In this case I'm sure ur glad u were wrong. GO PACK GO!!!

22. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    A part me wants to change the title... We caught the Bears!

• Like Like x 1
  23. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,660
    The fact Smith was not cleared to practice until today muddies the water. We'll see where it's at this time next week.

24. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    Lol whatever dude your one of those people that can never be wrong it's all right that you were wrong step up like a man and admit it..

25. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,272
    FrankRizzo, please start a thread titled, “I don’t think we’ll win the Super Bowl”.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1