I don't think we'll catch the Bears

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seattle game is over and the Packers lost. NOW, let's continue to win and hope the Bears will start to stub their toe's. The Vikings will take care of themselves and the Lion's......................will continue to be the Lion's.

Agreed. I was speaking to the O.P. mainly. Yes, we can catch the Bears, and we will do so.

The only way I see the Vikes being a problem is Adrian Peterson. This guy is just nuts. I think they gave him robo-legs during his surgery. Christian Ponder WILL implode, and Percy Harvin will be contained. Especially if we get Woodson back soon.

The Lions have a small, small chance of playing spoiler. However, I don't think they will be enough to worry about next week. They are on the decline and we are on the rise. Stafford seems to be really out of it. No where near where he was last season.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
No, it is still a big deal! If the Packers and Bears were to tie for the division crown yet the Packers lose the tiebreaker due to the L from the Seahawks game than it will be a black eye upon the NFL because of it.

Hopefully that game doesn't come down to ******** the Packers out of the playoffs or positioning for the playoffs.

Well if the bears and packers tie but we beat them twice the Seattle game has no bearing if they tie and spilt the series then it goes best division record again no Seattle. If we tie and tie in division. Record then it goes to common opponents which right now there tied at 3-1 then it would go to conference games which is were the Seattle game would come into play right now if the season ended packers would have 2 conference losses the bears one. But then again if the season ended today we would still be in the playoffs...

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way I see the Vikes being a problem is Adrian Peterson. This guy is just nuts. I think they gave him robo-legs during his surgery. Christian Ponder WILL implode, and Percy Harvin will be contained. Especially if we get Woodson back soon.

I am convinced Adrian Peterson is on something, especially after coming back like this from his knee injury last season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Had the Bears vs texans game not been so rainy and sloppy, I think houston would have rolled them up even worse. A bears defeat is still pleasent, but I like watching them get crushed.

They have had a fairly smooth road up till now. Their only 2 loses have come to the only 2 quality teams they have played. Their road gets bumpy from here on out. I think they will have an implosion and self destruct....due to cutler mainly. The oh so pumped bears defense is not that great, oh it looks good on paper, but they have played and won against some bum teams. All those INT's that they have came against 3rd teir QB's that threw the ball right to the damn defender. The bears defense is on the decline from here on out.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget how difficult the Bears defense makes EVERY game against the Packers. The stats don't lie. However, I tend to agree that we should beat the Bears a second time.

I wonder if any of the Texans have talked about how bad the turf may have been in Chicago. Their field sucks on a dry day and probably was much worse on Sunday night. I think that turf is an equal thorn in the GB offenses' side just like the Bears defense itself!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We beat the Bears 23-10 in week 2. Their defense didn't do crap.
That's a thorough argument you've presented, and quite difficult to refute unless one possesses a general knowledge of football. Over the past three seasons, the Packers have averaged 30 points per game against everyone else. Against the Bears they've averaged only 26.5 ppg including the 23 points that we managed to put up in the "Their defense didn't do crap" game in Week 2. It seems that holding the Packers a full 7 points below what we average against all other opponents actually does amount to doing crap.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well if the bears and packers tie but we beat them twice the Seattle game has no bearing if they tie and spilt the series then it goes best division record again no Seattle. If we tie and tie in division. Record then it goes to common opponents which right now there tied at 3-1 then it would go to conference games which is were the Seattle game would come into play right now if the season ended packers would have 2 conference losses the bears one. But then again if the season ended today we would still be in the playoffs...
Actually the common opponents for the NFC North this year are:

Houston
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Arizona
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis

Currently the Packers, Vikings and Bears each have 4 wins against these teams. Green Bay has one game to play(TN), MN has two games to play (STL and Texans)of those 8 and Chicago has 3 games to play (SF, AZ, SEA)against these teams.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Actually the common opponents for the NFC North this year are:

Houston
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Arizona
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis

Currently the Packers, Vikings and Bears each have 4 wins against these teams. Green Bay has one game to play(TN), MN has two games to play (STL and Texans)of those 8 and Chicago has 3 games to play (SF, AZ, SEA)against these teams.

I know that I was just going on what the OP said his thing was if packers and bears are tied at the end the Seattle game wouldn't come in to account until the 4th tie breaker.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I know that I was just going on what the OP said his thing was if packers and bears are tied at the end the Seattle game wouldn't come in to account until the 4th tie breaker.
Seattle comes into play in the 3rd tie-breaker. Common games. They also come into play in the 4th tie-breaker, conference games.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bears will lose to SF this weekend. It LOOKS like Alex Smith is going to be back for the 49ers, and even if he isn't I think that little Kaepernick guy can really do some damage.

From what I have read so far, it looks like the Bears are thinking Cutler will be out for a couple weeks. They even went and signed that McCown guy again, as insurance. I like seeing the Bears desperate. That being said, I think that Jason Campbell is better than Cutler. So, we could have a worse situation than we think when comes time to play Chicago again.

I also think that the Bears have a decent chance at losing the Seattle. As much as I dislike them this season I will cheering for them to beat the Bears into the turf.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just curious Chico, do you not like the entire Seattle team because of the erroneous Golden Tate touchdown or do you not like them for other reasons? Personally I think that they are a quality team with a decent defense, a really good RB, and an exciting QB.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Not that you were asking me, El Guapo, but I grew a dislike for the Seahawks after I watched the post-game antics of their coach. I think he could have been a bit more humble and muted, especially after he watched the replay and better understood the circumstances.

But, in general, I like the organization. Always have. Just a bit sour on them for now.

Reaction score
I can see a clear QB controversy in SF by the way their playing right now. And as for you Guapo, you can eat a ****. Chicago's defense is without a doubt CRAP and its showing tonight the same way it did when we played them in week 2. You're team sucks, it always has and always will. And it doesn't take much football knowledge to acknowledge that either. Go back to 1985 please.

H

HardRightEdge

Looking like the packers may be the lead dog in the Norris in about 3 hours. Also, will there be a qb controversy in SF after tonight?

Kaepernick has all the physical tools...as good as anybody in the game. Runs a 4.5, has a gun for an arm (clocked at 59 MPH), throws pretty spirals, fast release..."The Transformer". After watching him in the Senior Bowl, I was crossing my fingers he might slip to GB in the third round knowing Flynn was heading out the door after 2011, but he didn't make it out of the top of the 2nd. round.

QB controversy? Not likely based on 1 game. Now, if Smith has to sit out a couple more games, and Kaepernick shows he's not a one game wonder....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking like the packers may be the lead dog in the Norris in about 3 hours. Also, will there be a qb controversy in SF after tonight?

Not much of one. This is Colin's team more than likely if he continues this level of play

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A shot from the game tonight

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A shot from the game tonight

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That game was an all out BIT*H SLAPPING that the 49ers put on that "oh so great bears D"

Take a good look at who the bears have played and lost to: 3 teams with winning records = 3 loses for the bears.
The bears beat all the other team that were under.500
Last nights game proves that the bears can't beat a winning team
Does that sound like a formula for the playoffs? No.
The bears over-fluffed D stats come from playing teams that throw the ball poorly and have a sub-par run game

I said it over 2 weeks ago, that the bears would fold up during this game and the houston game and they did. They are the most over-hyped team and thus starts their land slide.

If the 49ers young back up QB can tear you a new butt-hole on national TV and you can't do a damn thing to stop him, have fun going to the playoffs Bears.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Alex Smith will be the starter. They don't need that type of drama at this time point in the season. Yes, the youngster looked good, but one complete game does not make him the starter, he needs 3 or more complete games with top notch performance to prove that he can start over smith. The media has started their drama drums a beat'n already.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you think Alex will be benched next week? I think this team is more dangerous now with Colin.

Yeah, the offense can do so much more with CK. that deep corner endzone pass? Alex couldn't do that.

The sentiment among the fans was pretty similar. I didn't speak to one fan who said they would rather have Smith. I was somewhat surprised

Members online

Latest posts