I don't think we'll catch the Bears

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see us catching the Bears either. They will most likely go 13-3, maybe 12-4. They have had very few injuries so far while we have had a horrendous amount. Unless Cutler-Urlacher-Marshall go down they will go deep in the post season.
What scares me the most is the Vikings. They are playing at a much higher level this year and for NO reason other than they are playing as hard as they have in over a decade. There are no Moss's around who play when they want to. They are an unselfish team. They might just knock us out for the # 6 seed.

Reaction score
Don't care about catching 'em... if they finish 14-2, I'll gladly take a playoff spot as a 13-3 team...
Just clinch a playoff spot, Playoffs - Playoffs - Playoffs.
Punch a ticket and go on a warpath .... Get the Darn Trophy!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't see us catching the Bears either. They will most likely go 13-3, maybe 12-4. They have had very few injuries so far while we have had a horrendous amount. Unless Cutler-Urlacher-Marshall go down they will go deep in the post season.
What scares me the most is the Vikings. They are playing at a much higher level this year and for NO reason other than they are playing as hard as they have in over a decade. There are no Moss's around who play when they want to. They are an unselfish team. They might just knock us out for the # 6 seed.

I don't see the Packers finishing third in the division. No way.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
On the subject of records: The other night I played one by Simon and Garfunkel.
It was this one and It was nice to listen to it again.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My SO was in the same room and when she caught a glance of the album cover as I was getting it out, she didn't get a very good look at it and thought that the top of Paul's hair was a mustache for Art. So she asked me if I was playing a Jim Croce album! LOL

We had a good laugh over that one!

Oh. I guess you had to be there.
Or Frank Zappa

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I can see both making the playoffs; Packers and Bears. How it is seeded I would not worry about it right now other then just taking care of business and winning.

Of course if it comes down to say one game that Seattle game looms large.....very unfortunate.

Reaction score
The bears are very beatable. There is one thing you have to do to beat them. DO NOT TURNOVER THE FOOTBALL. That is why we wipe their *** every year. If you don't turn the ball over against them, they do not have the offense to go out and win the game by themselves. Other than that we have to worry about ourselves. We have 5 out of 6 of our division games in the second half. We got to do work in this category.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Packers will go on a winning rampage. In 2010 when we got the #6 seed we beat da bears in the playoffs & went on to win the SB. That same yr the SF Giants won the World Series. Go SF Giants again.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Packers will go on a winning rampage. In 2010 when we got the #6 seed we beat da bears in the playoffs & went on to win the SB.
We deserve every single win we can get after that Fail Mary pass in Seattle.
Especially PO and SB wins.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if you still feel that way after the losing Bucs beat the Vikes in their own house.
After that (And I picked the Vikes to win) it looks like they will fall like a house of cards.
In other words, back to being the good ol' Vikings!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I expect the Packers will go on a winning rampage. In 2010 when we got the #6 seed we beat da bears in the playoffs & went on to win the SB. That same yr the SF Giants won the World Series. Go SF Giants again.

Hmmm that is interesting. That is another pattern I can get myself into.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears have a few tough games coming up. Us, Houston and SF. 2 of those are in Chicago tho. Hopefully they fall apart by the end of the season. The defense is legit tho

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or Rollie Fingers:

Hands down.
Best 'stache in the modern baseball era.
I'm gonna add another one.
More obvious.
Tom Selleck.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't care if the Packers catch the Bears. Just make it into the playoffs. As the division winner or last wildcard, I don't care. In fact, the Packers have reason to be more confident going to Chicago for a playoff game than perhaps any other venue. And many stupid Bears fans help out by not even being smart enough to be quite when their team is on offense on a critical down.

And while the Packers have been hit with injuries, they may have Woodson, Jennings and Benson back for their playoff run.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think people are over valuing the Bears at this point.. look at who they have played. Combined record of Bears' opponents: 17-27

Then scan ahead forward, I think there is every opportunity to catch them, if the Packers take care of their own business.

Cutler has only felt the pressure to perform once this season, vs the Packers. I have complete faith that Cutler is who he is, a front running that will wilt against the glowing sun of pressure upon him.

On another Packer board, I have caught the business for it, but Cutler is much like a McNabb.. they just don't have it when the chips are placed on their shoulders. Not to mention he really hasn't played well this season as a whole.. bottom third of the league in QB rating.

Once that happens, things will unravel with Marshall.. unless the zebra lost his stripes as well.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Less obvious:
Pepper Floyd, from the Muppets
I just noticed that his shirt/jacket is similar to the Beatles Sgt. Pepper's jackets.
And he's named after two English music references.

BJ Hunnicut/Mike Farrell from M*A*S*H

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And of course our own Aaron Rodgers here:

But probably not here:

Yikes!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have faith that we can catch the Bears. It won't be easy, but we can do it. Next two games SHOULD be wins. The Cardinals may ended being a tougher win than expected, but a win none the less. After that we get a bye and time to recover.

The only games I see us having a chance at losing is the Giants game. I don't see us having a problem with the Lions, or the Vikings (if we can contain Rudolph and Harvin.) and the last Bears game should be fun considering how we handled them last time!

The Bears will lose to Houston and San Fran. for sure.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the Giants going into our house in January of 08, and shocking us?
Then they came back this January, and we were "ready for revenge", and we were better than in 08.
Well those m********* did it to us again.

Now, remember us going to Chicago in January of 2011, and KO-ing Cutler and ending the Bears season in their crib?
Here we go again..... I guess it can be fine if we get a #5 seed, then go into either Atlanta, Chicago, San Fran, or NY and start another run to the Super Bowl on the road to a dome Super Bowl.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
In order for the Packers to overtake the Bears, I think they will need some help from the Vikings. However, if the Vikings play well down the stretch that could be a problem in itself. The real question is; Do the Vikings fold and go to their losing ways, or do they come back and win a few more games that most think they should lose? They are the wildcard in this division. Kinda like the Packers a few year ago, playing the good team well and the bad team bad. Although I get the feeling the Bucs are better then their record indicates.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure after losing to the Colts the Packers realized they needed to start playing like they know they can. It could come down to the final week in who wins our div. as long as we finish 11-5 or better we should make the playoffs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts