I don't think we can win the Super Bowl

CheeseHusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we could beat the 49ers at Lambeau if we got a second crack at it. Out there, I'm not so sure. Admittedly they don't look as good as they did earlier in the season.

Going to have to play miles better defensively than this. Even if they make it through, I don't think we would beat New England or Denver right now.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we can win the Super Bowl.
We're just too soft, physically.
:(

From the original post here, has that changed? At least on defense?
We have to face Peterson, then perhaps the 49ers, then perhaps the Seahawks or Alfred Morris.... is our defensive physical enough to stop all those run games?
And not make the QB go all-Ponder on us?

I feel our defense is soft.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We have to face Peterson, then perhaps the 49ers, then perhaps the Seahawks or Alfred Morris.... is our defensive physical enough to stop all those run games?

I feel as though when we made Ponder beat us, he did, it was his receivers that let him down.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing that we could let Peterson run for 200, AND let Ponder throw for 234 yards with no picks.

I mean either-or usually..... it's not like they're the 1994 Cowboys with balanced greatness. They don't even have Percy Harvin for God's sake. Imagine if they did. He's killed us.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Avoiding and missing tackles adds a lot of credence to your soft point.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Avoiding and missing tackles adds a lot of credence to your soft point.
I contrast that, our DBs, to teams like Seattle and San Francisco. Their DBs will kick *****, they will go at and bang, hard, RBs.
Ours seem so thin and brittle and pure finesse.

Am I missing something? Someone help me out. Aren't all our DB's thinnish and finesse?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I contrast that, our DBs, to teams like Seattle and San Francisco. Their DBs will kick *****, they will go at and bang, hard, RBs.
Ours seem so thin and brittle and pure finesse.

Am I missing something? Someone help me out. Aren't all our DB's thinnish and finesse?
Kinda hard to be great against the run when you don't run well. Harris dishing out punishment in camp will help put some callous on those ribs

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'd rather not have the Packers as the #1 seed, actually I'd prefer them not having a bye at all. Statistically speaking #1 seeds rarely make it to the Super Bowl.

When I read your post, I just had to look up some statistics. Are you sure about that?

1974 - Vikings (NFC)
1975 - Steelers (AFC)
1976 - Steelers and Vikings (Both)
1977 - Cowboys and Broncos (Both)
1978 - Steelers (AFC)
1981 - 49ers (NFC)
1982 - Redskins (NFC)
1983 Redskins (NFC)
1984 49ers and Dolphins (Both)
1985 Bears (NFC)
1986 Giants (NFC)
1987 Broncos (AFC)
1988 Bengals (AFC)
1989 49ers and Broncos (Both)
1990 Bills (AFC)
1991 Redskins (NFC)
1993 Cowboys and Bills (Both)
1994 49ers (NFC)
1995 Cowboys (NFC)
1996 Packers (NFC)
1997 Packers (NFC)
1998 Broncos (NFC)
1999 Rams (NFC)
2000 Giants (NFC)
2001 Rams (NFC)
2003 Patriots (AFC)
2004 Eagles (NFC)
2005 Seahawks (NFC)
2006 Bears (NFC)
2007 Patriots (AFC)
2009 Saints and Colts (Both)
2011 Patriots (AFC)

Looks to me that a Number 1 seed usually does reach the Super Bowl, all the way dating back to the 70's. You can go even further if you wanted to. Statistically speaking, the #1 seed usually does make the Super Bowl, at least one of them. They don't always win it, and this year I am not sure if we get a #1 seed in the Super Bowl since I do not trust either Denver or Atlanta, who both played the weakest schedules all year. Denver has a better chance than Atlanta, but I still don't trust them.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(by request)

I don't think we can win the Super Bowl.

We're just too soft, physically.
Even in warm weather, the 49ers beat us up. And we were healthy then, week one.
In cold weather, it's even worse for us as we are not a ground & pound offense obviously.

We saw what the Giants did to us in the cold weather last playoffs, and this November in cool weather.

Unless we can avoid both of those teams as we did in 2010, I don't think we can get to the Super Bowl.

:(
The not thing wrong per say, is that McCarthy is a little less aggressive on play calling as I would prefer. But we are one of the strongest teams in the playoffs, pal. Believe, just like all of those players believe.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The not thing wrong per say, is that McCarthy is a little less aggressive on play calling as I would prefer. But we are one of the strongest teams in the playoffs, pal. Believe, just like all of those players believe.
Fellow cheesehead in Dallas? Welcome aboard.
Have you been to Vernon's in Addison?
Smokey like the middle of a 5-alarm fire, and it will take years off your life because of it, but it's like a slice of Lambeau int he parking lot there.... great place.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with soft physically. In areas we are, but in other areas we aren't so it's a push. I'd say we're stupid in the back 6 of our defense (ILB and DB) in coverage. I think at times we're under-coached by McCarthy, who until this year I was completely behind no matter what. We're un-prepared and under-coached by Capers, and that's killing the defense. I think Campen is another coach under performing. I think coaching changes and various personnel issues need to be taken care of. I can see 5 starters from the team this year that shouldn't even be here by opening day next year.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smokey like the middle of a 5-alarm fire, and it will take years off your life because of it, but it's like a slice of Lambeau int he parking lot there.... great place.
Thank you!
And yes sir I have! I love Vernon's. The atmosphere there is phenomenal. My mom and I go occasionally.
"THE BEST DAMN TEAM, IN THE BEST DAMN DIVISION, WITH THE BEST DAMN FANS! GOOOOOOOO PACK!"

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you by any chance know how to start a thread? I have a few topics, but I'm not sure how to start my own thread.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you by any chance know how to start a thread? I have a few topics, but I'm not sure how to start my own thread.
I think they'd rather you found an existing thread, similar topic. But click on LongtimeFan a moderator and direct message them, ask them?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like most forum websites, you can't start threads until you've posted a certain number of times. I don't know what it is here but usually 10 or 20 posts. Just keep responding to threads

Members online

Latest posts