I don't think we can win the Super Bowl

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
HyponGrey didn't get the humor here....

The Bears luck on defense with gift Ints, Pick-6's ran out.

The 49ers defense is so durable, Alden Smith, Patrick Willis, Novorro Bowman, those guys don't get hurt, never miss any games.

Thats because those guys are really androids, kinda like the terminator. They just go in for reprogramming and an oil change after each game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we can win the Super Bowl. I'll give the Packers good odds against any of the AFC teams, including NE. What I'm less confident about is making it through the NFC playoff gauntlet without having a breakdown.

H

HardRightEdge

Odds to Win 2013 Super Bowl XLVII
Team Odds

San Francisco 49ers 7/2
Denver Broncos 4/1
New England Patriots 9/2
Houston Texans 5/1
Atlanta Falcons 6/1
Green Bay Packers 6/1

The point of my post was to show that the betting "favorite" is 3.5 to 1, hardly a compelling wager. Everybody is a long shot. Luck factors in heavily.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Frank I love your avatar. That is epic, but you might want to add the Cowboys and Skins into it just for good measure :D

This is really a weak year in the NFL. Even the most "Solid" teams are not that great (New England, Houston proved they have weaknesses). I think this Super Bowl is up for takings, and it's more than likely going to be New England against whoever stomps the living daylights out of the Falcons.

I'll say this; if this team beats Atlanta, they will make the Super Bowl.
..............................Get the Packers into the Georgia Dome, and you know they are going to the Super Bowl. The last 2 years straight the team that smacked down Atlanta has won the Super Bowl.

Based on current seedings and safe guesses, the Packers or 49ers won't play in Atlanta until the NFCCG. Winner is in the SB.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More thank likely the Champ game is going to be Seahawks@Packers. Provided we can both knock off either the 9ers and Falcons. I think the Falcons are going to stumble like always in the playoffs. They have looked way too beatable against teams like Oakland.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver looks like the team to beat. With 7 byes this season (SD x2, KC x2, Oakland x2 and the regular season bye), Denver looks looks like the freshest team out there. Gosh, it would be a monumental task; (if the Packers are lucky enough to make it to the SB), to have to wipe the smug smiles off of both John Elway and Peyton Manning's faces! ;)

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expected the Patriots to help us out last week at home where they are usually unbeatable in December. They didn't and SF stayed ahead of us for the #2 sees.
Am hoping that Seattle wins at home this week where they are unbeatable (with refs help). But I will expect the worst and that SF wins.

#1- Atlanta
#2- San Fran..... they're both automatically into the NFC Final Four.

#6- NYG @ #3 GB
#5- Seattle @ #4 Washington

If Packers defeat NYG, and we haven't beaten them in the playoffs since the 1960's, then we earn a trip to San Francisco.
If we pull that one off, we will then go to Atlanta should they take care of Washington/Seattle.

How does that road look?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expected the Patriots to help us out last week at home where they are usually unbeatable in December. They didn't and SF stayed ahead of us for the #2 sees.
Am hoping that Seattle wins at home this week where they are unbeatable (with refs help). But I will expect the worst and that SF wins.

#1- Atlanta

#6- NYG @ #3 GB

If Packers defeat NYG, and we haven't beaten them in the playoffs since the 1960's, then we earn a trip to San Francisco.
If we pull that one off, we will then go to Atlanta should they take care of Washington/Seattle.

How does that road look?
I don't think it's mathematically possible for the Packers to play the Giants in the first round unless they lose to the Vikings. If the Packers win out they won't play the Giants first round.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#1- Atlanta

#6- NYG @ #3 GB

How does that road look?

Giants are missing the playoffs imo, NFC East rep is going to come down to the Cowboys @ Skins in week 17 with the Cowboys playing inspired football in the wake of the recent tragedy that struck their team.

I really think that the Seahawks are going to win vs SF this week, their updated offensive scheme with throwing the ball deep plays right into the strength of the Seahawks D. But the 9ers will win the division against the Cardinals at home week 17.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can win it all. Or maybe not. But I do think we win game #1. Defense matters more, and ours is better than last year, even with the injuries. With Clay and CWood back, we could surprise some people, including some 49er fans. And if Starks is back in time, we could deliver on the run game. Not sure why, but we looked like crap in game #1 on offense and not much better on D. Remember how everyone thought the season was over midway through 2010.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Based on current seedings and safe guesses, the Packers or 49ers won't play in Atlanta until the NFCCG. Winner is in the SB.

That's if Atlanta actually wins a playoff game, which I highly doubt. Even Seattle's defense would destroy that one dimensional offense.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's mathematically possible for the Packers to play the Giants in the first round unless they lose to the Vikings. If the Packers win out they won't play the Giants first round.
What makes you say that?
If the Packers and 49ers each win their 2 games, we will in fact be the #3 seed and have to play the #6 seed in the WC round.
Right now, that's the Vikings.

But if EITHER Dallas or Washington win both their games (they play each other next week so one of them will win), then they will win the division there and be the #4 seed. The one who loses will drop out of the #6 seed chase if the Giants win their 2 games. That will give the Giants the #6 seed, which they seem to like.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't catch the bears, we can't win the superbowl, blah blah here's your kool-aid. BELIEVE!!! :tup:

I think you're still teary over Hughes LOL
We can't catch the bears, we can't win the superbowl, blah blah here's your kool-aid. BELIEVE!!! :tup:we've got Clay back & Shields is looking good. Also some of our rooks are playin pretty good. Yes the last 2 times we played the Giants we got beat. They may not make the playoffs. IMO our biggest threat is the 49ers. I believe we can & will make the SB. While we're there we'll take the victory

I think you're still teary over Hughes LOL

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
After what I seen tonight, I would close this thread.

Atlanta has the number 1 seed and still gave up 500+ yards to the LIONS of all teams who have only won 4 games this year. Can you imagine what Rodgers would do to this team? And not to mention, the Falcons are already struggling to run the ball and protect that overrated thing they have as quarterback.

Mark my words; this team will stomp Atlanta into the ground like 2010. FALCONS SUCK. All I want for Christmas is Packers/Falcons divisional round as an *** stomping.

For the last 4 years in a row, the team that beat the crap out of Atlanta went to the Super Bowl. In that span, the Giants beat them in 2011, the Packers beat them in 2010, the Saints swept them in 2009 and knocked them out of playoff contention, and the Cardinals beat them down in 2008.

The team that beats Atlanta will reach the Super Bowl. So you better at least pray we get into the Georgia Dome to face the most overrated team ever.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bogart: Despite their record, the Lions have been able to put up big numbers on offense this year and enough of those yards came in garbage time when the game was already out of reach in order to get CJ his record. Hate to say it, but the Falcons look like they are for real this year. Everyone is worried about SF and the NYG, and it's assumed that the Falcons are going to fold come playoff time? I don't buy it, just like I don't buy the Giants suddenly turning the switch on and looking like SB champions starting this week.

I'm banking on the opposite: Giants are gonna fold...they might not make the playoffs, and the Falcons are going to be tough.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
After what happened today, heck no. Packers are toast. AGAIN they showed the inability to put away a team they should put away.

And we saw them give up 7 points to the Titans. Championship teams win 55-0 not 55-7. I am disgusted.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
After what happened today, heck no. Packers are toast. AGAIN they showed the inability to put away a team they should put away.

And we saw them give up 7 points to the Titans. Championship teams win 55-0 not 55-7. I am disgusted.
Get rid of Woodson, he did nothing out there! Fire Capers, trade Clay for some decent picks, and go back to the 4-3.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks may be the most dangerous team. I looked at their schedule, and they remind me of the 2010 Packers. The 2010 Packers never lost a game by more than 4 points. The Seahawks this year have never lost a game by more than 6 points. They will be a tough out for anyone.

I do expect the Pack to make some noise this year. If MM cannot win a playoff game in Lambeau in 3 tries, that would be a disgrace.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The Seahawks may be the most dangerous team. I looked at their schedule, and they remind me of the 2010 Packers. The 2010 Packers never lost a game by more than 4 points. The Seahawks this year have never lost a game by more than 6 points. They will be a tough out for anyone.

I do expect the Pack to make some noise this year. If MM cannot win a playoff game in Lambeau in 3 tries, that would be a disgrace.
That includes some lousy teams on the road. Not Scared. Their CB are overrated anyway.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Here is how I look at playing the Seahawks. Show the Packers the ending of this years game vs. them over and over and over again. Enough said. ;)

But, to stick with the premise of this thread, the Packers are doomed. Rodgers is the worst QB in the NFC playoffs too and we know he is gonna get shown up by all the greats like Russel Wilson, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick. And don't even get me started if Romo or RG3 get in. Both are HOF bound, RG3 is already in I heard and Romo is Mr. Clutch.

H

HardRightEdge

Their CB are overrated anyway.

All that hand checking all over the field gave us a lot of trouble, and most of the league for that matter. So long as they don't get called for it, they're pretty darn good.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Packers are doomed I mean they allowed 180 yards to the titans SB teams hold the titans to under 100 yards.
It will be either a rematch of SB 31 or SB 32 if its vs the broncos the outcome will be different as the Pack will win Rodgers will get his 2nd SB MVP and Rodgers will mark his place in Packers history as the 2nd best QB the packer have ever had the number 1 guy of course Bart Starr. I have good good feelings about this team this year. SB bound!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts