1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

I don't think we can win the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    (by request)

I don't think we can win the Super Bowl.

We're just too soft, physically.
    Even in warm weather, the 49ers beat us up. And we were healthy then, week one.
    In cold weather, it's even worse for us as we are not a ground & pound offense obviously.

We saw what the Giants did to us in the cold weather last playoffs, and this November in cool weather.

Unless we can avoid both of those teams as we did in 2010, I don't think we can get to the Super Bowl.

:(

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I'm not sure that it is just these two teams. Giants may not make it but I agree the 49ers will be tough. We'll most likely have to play the Niners in SF so cold weather shouldn't be a factor. But this team has a number of problems. Foremost is our OL. I don't think it is championship caliber. Can we generate enough pass rush outside of Clay? Then there's the kicking game.

We could win it all depending on playoff berths , injuries to our team or others. I think our chances are no better than 50-50 though.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    We can't catch the bears, we can't win the superbowl, blah blah here's your kool-aid. BELIEVE!!! :tup:

I think you're still teary over Hughes LOL

• Like Like x 2
  4. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +994
    WOOF WOOF!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    LOL @Frank. I'm not even going to make any Superbowl predictions at this point. I think the heart and soul of this team is the defense. If they can compensate for any other shortcomings the team's destiny lies in their own hands.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    IMO the Bears will be a WC team and win the Super Bowl. They have that look of a team waiting for the right time to pounce on the league.

It is only a matter of time before the Packers lose in the playoffs and watch the Bears take the league by storm.

Also, there is no doubt the AFC North winner is headed to the SB. The Ravens/Steelers/Bengals all have that team of destiny look. Especially Baltimore, when you combine the genius of Jim Caldwell with Joe Flacco you are headed in the right direction.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    This thread is too sarcastic for my taste. I am after all, a tell-it-like-it-is kinda guy. ;)

8. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    I dont think the packers can not win the super bowl!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221
    Rizz, you're killing me...

10. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    You should have gone with the "It's time Jay Cutler (or Joe Flacco.... or Matt Ryan) wins a Super Bowl... He's due!

11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Jay Cutler AND Joe Flacco are both due. Matt Ryan will probably win multiple rings anyway sooner then later so we can't get too greedy with him.

I can already see the big Flacco/Cutler showdown in the SB. OMG. Amazing.....I get chills.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The NY Giants are unbeatable in the month of January.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Bears/Giants NFC title game is a near given.

14. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Just like they supposedly were in December. Good news is, DC will win the division, so you don't have to worry about big blue

15. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Win out and hope the Niners lose to Seattle this weekend. Get the 2 seed, rest, plan, execute, dominate, and move on to the next team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    The odds are against any one team winning the SB; a lot of things have to go right to beat 3 or 4 playoff caliber teams in succession. I like our chances as much as anybody's.

17. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Hey Frank I love your avatar. That is epic, but you might want to add the Cowboys and Skins into it just for good measure :D

This is really a weak year in the NFL. Even the most "Solid" teams are not that great (New England, Houston proved they have weaknesses). I think this Super Bowl is up for takings, and it's more than likely going to be New England against whoever stomps the living daylights out of the Falcons.

I'll say this; if this team beats Atlanta, they will make the Super Bowl. Atlanta is going no where and you all know that. If the Niners beat them, I'd pick the Niners to win it all. They are the only defense I think that would shut New England down. I don't know if they would allow a big comeback like that again, but I could be wrong.

I like GB's chances than I do most teams in the NFC. The only team I truly see as a problem is the 49ers. The Giants showed just how serious they are when they went into Atlanta, and I'm still not sold on them making the playoffs. I see Dallas beating the Saints, and I have a feeling it's going to come down to a slugfest between the Cowboys and Redskins. The Giants could very well fall to Baltimore. They are known to start hot and then end the season 8-8 as usual.

Get the Packers into the Georgia Dome, and you know they are going to the Super Bowl. The last 2 years straight the team that smacked down Atlanta has won the Super Bowl.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    you are all wrong, it's going to be Carolina panthers and KC chiefs......:tup:

19. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    The Packers have the ability to beat any team at any given time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    True.
    So does San Francisco, who won at Green Bay in warm weather, and at New England in crappy weather.

The Niners are unbeatable in January.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. The Rivalry

The Rivalry Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    A lot of smart observations so far. 3 things to consider as far as GB being able to win it all. 1.)We are getting healthier while the trend this time of year is typically a battle of attrition. 2.) The last 3 games we've demonstrated an offensive balance run/pass. Can't say that we had anything even close to that in week 1. Sure we had Benson, but he never had time to develope before going on IR. 3.) We've been there before and with many of the same players. You think Atlanta wants to see us anywhere near their dome in the playoffs? Think Seattle wants to come to Lambeau and get their comeuppance? Think anyone from the NFCE wants to travel to Lambeau? Before you say the Giants, there won't be anything resembling the Philbin tragedy to distract this years team, and I DO think that MM mishandled the Philbin situation last year. Keeping him away from the team for the entire week leading up to the game so he could be with family was the right thing to do . But then DON'T bring him back the day of the game so he could coach. Sounds cold-hearted, but there was a tangible aire of remorse and genuflecting during pre-game last year that had the players thinking about perspective rather than concentrating on pounding the Giants into the Tundra. Their intensity was compromised and it manifested itself in dropped passes and turnovers.:mad:

22. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    That is what is so great about the United States of America! We are allowed to have our own opinions! God bless the USA!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    THANKS FOR CREATING THIS THREAD! Love it!!

Let the FrankRizzo magic happen again!!

24. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    If only TT had kept Favre around, we'd be back in the running. Not sure what to think about this Rodgers guy and his inconsistencies.

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    HyponGrey didn't get the humor here....

The Bears luck on defense with gift Ints, Pick-6's ran out.

The 49ers defense is so durable, Alden Smith, Patrick Willis, Novorro Bowman, those guys don't get hurt, never miss any games.