I do root for the Packers...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
but lately..my "loyalty" for the team has come into question...by some of you folks...

I would like to clear a few things up...if i may..

I want the Packers to win every football game that they play. As some of you may know..i have also been a little critical of the coach of the aforementioned organization

that does not mean that I do not want the Packers to "win"...

What it does mean...is that as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow..Mike Sherman's "glaring deficiencies" as a football coach will come to the fore and the Packer's will lose..(especially if it's the Playoffs). He does not have what it takes to coach this team all the way to the SB, and therefore he must go...

It's as if you are planning a cross country trip in a car that you know has a bad transmission...now it may get you to Omaha...or it may crap out on you in Sheboygan...but the one thing that you do know as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow...is that sooner or later....

IT'S GONNA CRAP OUT ON YOU....

(this is how I feel about Mike Sherman....)

Thank you..and have a good day...fellow Packer fans...

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack I do not question your loyalty as a Packer fan. I do however question your assesment of Mike Sherman. granted he has not been on the ball all the time but one thing is forsure he has taken less talented teams farther than they should have. I do believe that if the injuries had not been what they were and the O-line had gelled quicker it would have been a differant season. One thing you cant say about Sherman is that he still has the team. I do believe he has the fire and intesity to take the team to the Suberbowl. However my biggest complaint with Sherman is his insitance to hag onto Rossley. Rossely is a fair O-Coordinator. It goes to show you that it is an all around team that Wins Superbowls look at the Patriots from this year to last year. They loose thier O-Guru and bam

Sherman has had to deal with many situations the last five years but he has won three divion titles doing it. his playoff record is not that bad when put up against other coaches and besides who out there would be better? Mooch? Childress?

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
--Hanging on to Rossley is reason enough...

--Favre had a little more than something to do with those "Sherman" wins..(man..i'd like to see what he and Rossley could do without Favre--my guess is..not much)

--New England lost their defense..look at where they're ranked...they don't have the players..anymore....yet..don't count them out...yet!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Favre also had to do with the losses it is a two way street

Goes to show you how injuries affect a team NE is hurting Not as bad as the Pack but they are hurtin

Reaction score
66, JB is right. But the fact is this, even if MH was our coach still, if we took away Brett, even MH would struggle. It doesn't matter which coach you have, if you take away their playmakers, they will struggle. I do not question your loyalty as a packer fan, I know you are a loyal fan. But the only thing that gets on me is the constant rant of yours on SheRossly. Granted MS has a huge shortcoming when it comes to loyalty in this business, but he is our HC and right now I don't care if Randy Moss became our coach as long as he got us to the Superbowl. MS has done some pretty good things in worse times, and I want to give MS a full season with the best players on the Pack before I judge him. Given the fact that MS has not lost the locker room still does say something.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66,

Favre has been responsible for at least 2 of the losses. I like Favre a whole lot also but I know that he can't win alone.

The years that the Packers won the superbowl and dominated the NFL, Favre had a stellar supporting cast.

This year, more than ANY other, his supporting cast has been greatly reduced due to injuries and defections. Add to that the mistakes the replacement players have made, the Packers have been doomed to fail.

Now with the team beginning to gel a bit, lets see how Favre leads this team down the stretch.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack keep rooting for the PACK !!!!!

Do as I do I try to no longer think about MS and Rossley !!!

So what the !"#$ I will be at Lambeau to enjoy a great victory against the drag viquennies !!!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new angle on how to obsess on Mike Sherman.

You are in the 'fire Sherman' box and you can't get out. If the Packers win out, you'd still be screaming for a new coach.

Sorry...you still want the Packers to lose so they fire Sherman.

You can't deny it.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
au contrere..mon frere..net...

the point is...that I want the Packers to fire Sherman...so that they DO have a chance to go all the way and win the BIG ONE...!

BIG DIFFERENCE...

(the Pack will never go all the way with SHERROSSLEY at the helm...never...sorry Pack fans....and yes I am willing to bet $$ on this...)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then who do you bring in????? Ray Rhoades???? I mean come on I know you dont like Sherman but find me a coach that has went all the way and would want the job and dont say billick he fell onto a Ravens team that was loaded with defensive talent. and he still let his winning qb go what a dill rod he would be. Mooch??? he is in Detroit and he cannot find stability let alone a winning season with a stacked Offense. So you know what there is no one out there who you can say for sure will take the Pack all the way. BTW it took Holmgren what 5 or six years to get to the superbowl??? and what has he done since leaving GB??

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
au contrere..mon frere..net...

the point is...that I want the Packers to fire Sherman...so that they DO have a chance to go all the way and win the BIG ONE...!

BIG DIFFERENCE...

(the Pack will never go all the way with SHERROSSLEY at the helm...never...sorry Pack fans....and yes I am willing to bet $$ on this...)

Ok we get it, First you speak spanish and now french... It doesn't matter how you say it, its still... " Say No to Sherman" from you.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will come to this point the bottom line with the PAck this year has been execution. I dont care if Mickey Mouse was coaching if the team executes makes catches Tackles defends passes generates turnovers doesnt turn it over they win period.

Sherman and Rossley may not be the best ever but it comes down to the team doing its job

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
and the coaches too...

(don't forget that!)

Don't worry...with you posting it every second you get the chance, I don't think anyone on this forum could forget it if they wanted to.

Cobra5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaching Leadership inspires players. If a team has a great leader, you can see it in the way the players perform. Even if there is not alot of talent, the players are motivated and disciplined. I really don't see too much of that this year in the Pack, and it's been steadily degressing. I agree it's time for Sherman to leave. "The Pack Will Be Back"!!!!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago Bulls were not very good until they surrounded Michael Jordan with some talent. It did not matter who the coach was.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
The Chicago Bulls were not very good until they surrounded Michael Jordan with some talent. It did not matter who the coach was.

except the 7 years of phil jackson..it didnt matter they had one of the better head coaches in the league. of course not....