I cant sleep! Last football game of the year!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got home (7am) and sleeping before the game at noon is totally not happening. This is the last football game of the year for our packers, and we gotta watch it. This could be HIS last game, so we gotta tape it.

Around the fourth quarter near the end when GB has the ball, i am goin to be noting all his passes, so I couls possibly know the obscure trivia answer of "Who did Favre throw his last pass to?" Im not saying he is retiring, should retire, etc...but the bottom line is this COULD be his last game, and I am watching it like its the last.

Some of you think "who cares. enough!" and you will watch it like any other game. But I will tell you what...if you watch it that way, and it is his last game, and next year comes...and some other qb (Rodgers,leinart,etc,whoever) steps in there...and its not brett (not good, or bad, just not a brett style qb) it will feel weird, and you will wonder where this came from. you'll miss brett, and you wont be able to remember his last game cuz you just watched it out of habit like you would a monday night football game.

The man gave more than 10 years to the packers, to us. Some of you have called him selfish cuz he hasnt come out and told us. This is probably hard for him obviously, so if favre wants to wait and take his time...he has earned the right to do that.

Sorry for the (pointless) rant, just saying...this could be the one. its the last one of the season, which sucked for us...so lets watch it, stick our heads up high, and cheer on our packers, and give a legend his due!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I just got home (7am) and sleeping before the game at noon is totally not happening. This is the last football game of the year for our packers, and we gotta watch it. This could be HIS last game, so we gotta tape it.

Around the fourth quarter near the end when GB has the ball, i am goin to be noting all his passes, so I couls possibly know the obscure trivia answer of "Who did Favre throw his last pass to?" Im not saying he is retiring, should retire, etc...but the bottom line is this COULD be his last game, and I am watching it like its the last.

Some of you think "who cares. enough!" and you will watch it like any other game. But I will tell you what...if you watch it that way, and it is his last game, and next year comes...and some other qb (Rodgers,leinart,etc,whoever) steps in there...and its not brett (not good, or bad, just not a brett style qb) it will feel weird, and you will wonder where this came from. you'll miss brett, and you wont be able to remember his last game cuz you just watched it out of habit like you would a monday night football game.

The man gave more than 10 years to the packers, to us. Some of you have called him selfish cuz he hasnt come out and told us. This is probably hard for him obviously, so if favre wants to wait and take his time...he has earned the right to do that.

Sorry for the (pointless) rant, just saying...this could be the one. its the last one of the season, which sucked for us...so lets watch it, stick our heads up high, and cheer on our packers, and give a legend his due!

Only Brett should decide when he wants to quit. I would not doubt that he will. Maybe give it at least one year.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you tromadz. I celebrated New Year, the wife fell asleep and set the alarm clock for me to catch the game ( god bless her soul ) but I can't sleep either. Came straight to the forum to see what's up.

Your point is not "rant" and there is nothing to apologize for. There is something in the air today and I hope it is not his last game.

I will be cheering with you though and hope we will give the Legend his due.

Stay Brett Stay !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw, this is probably the last time we see jerome bettis rumble his big body on the gridiron (i love football lingo) so if you get to see that game too...enjoy it! Week 17 makes me sad as hell this year.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went to bed at 0200, up at 0600.
Came downstairs and set up the VCR and then cranked up the computer and came right to the forum to see if anything was up.
I've got a case of the nerves like I'm playing today.
I was glad to find out that I'm not the only PACKER FAN feeling this way.
Gotta go out and shovel the driveway to work off some of this energy.
I could use a beer already.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
btw, this is probably the last time we see jerome bettis rumble his big body on the gridiron (i love football lingo) so if you get to see that game too...enjoy it! Week 17 makes me sad as hell this year.

Well, let's clarify that - it's probably the last HOME game for the Bus. He's got 5 more games left...

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice initial post Tromadz - it is indeed a sad day when the season ends. Hard to believe it's here so soon. Fortunately (fingers crossed - "any given Sunday" and all) even though the Pack won't be in the playoffs the Steelers should make it.

If it is Favre's last game I'm glad we had the privilege of seeing him play twice - '03 in San Diego and this year against Pittsburgh.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts