I can't seem to find the thread Philtration started...

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..about Kyle Orton, so I figured I'd throw some stats out so we can discuss it.

Chicago Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
K. Orton 15 28 141 53.6 5.0 3 16 0 1

Welcome to the NFL, kid.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:

Welcome to the NFL, kid.

And here is Favre's stats against the Lions so-so defense.
Green Bay B. Favre Comp=27 Att =44 Yds=201 Pct=61.3 Y/A= 4.5 Sack= 4 YdsL=31 TD=0 Int= 2
and two fumbles on top of that.
So long to the NFL, old fart. :D

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
ORRELSE said:

Welcome to the NFL, kid.

Green Bay B. Favre Comp=27 Att =44 Yds=201 Pct=61.3 Y/A= 4.5 Sack= 4 YdsL=31 TD=0 Int= 2

Hmm.. I'd take Orton. ORRELSE, I think your attempt at trying to pin Orton as a poor QB has failed. For the kid's first game against a tough Washington defense, I think he did a good job. He was even able to orchestrate a TD drive, which is more than Favre did, let alone Rodgers.

OP
OP
O

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Hmm.. I'd take Orton. ORRELSE, I think your attempt at trying to pin Orton as a poor QB has failed. For the kid's first game against a tough Washington defense, I think he did a good job. He was even able to orchestrate a TD drive, which is more than Favre did, let alone Rodgers.

Miskito--don't get your ******* in a bundle. I'm on record saying I think Orton has the tools to be a pretty good QB. I'm just playing around.

And while we are at it--orchestrating a TD drive from the 20 yard line is hardly a "drive". The Bears caught a pretty big break right there and I'm confident they would have been shut out if not for the gift of the fumble. They didn't even sniff the endzone all day minus that.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So long to the NFL, old fart.

He was even able to orchestrate a TD drive, which is more than Favre did, let alone Rodgers.

Favre sucks, he's weak, never plays through injuries, only starts a couple games a year at best, holds no NFL records, doesn't have a SB ring, never won the NFL MVP 3 times, has a couple crappy games (stemming from the minnesota loss in the playoffs) write him off. I don't think he should make it in to the HOF either... I think we should trade him to the Vikes for DC so he can do that lame *** arm roll **** and roll out 5 turn overs. :roll:

This may be a bit off topic, but I just wanted to vent a bit. Orton looks decent, yes, I am just sick about hearing how everyone plays a better "D" better everything else than what the pack plays and how much better they do at it. Appearently we play fluff teams that don't try, are stockpiled with college rejects that can't play in the CFL and we still get beat on.

</rant> :tantrum:

OP
OP
O

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Actually for as bad as he played, the numbers are quite good. Keep in mind he lost 2 of his top WRs for the entire second half. Walker (knee), Ferguson (cramps).
He was running for his life all day because our center has decided he needs to do the RGs job as well, which isn't necessary. Keep in mind this was against a D-line that is arguably one of the best in the league. Wilkinson is a player now, Shaun Rogers is probably one of the best DTs in the game, and they have a decent rookie in Cody.
We all know Favre can play better but this ain't the same old Lions. They've improved.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was running for his life all day because our center has decided he needs to do the RGs job as well
LOL, hell maybe if Thomas doesn''t play well he can slide over on D and fill in for Carrol and Thomas too.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Miskito said:

Miskito--don't get your ******* in a bundle. I'm on record saying I think Orton has the tools to be a pretty good QB. I'm just playing around.

And while we are at it--orchestrating a TD drive from the 20 yard line is hardly a "drive". The Bears caught a pretty big break right there and I'm confident they would have been shut out if not for the gift of the fumble. They didn't even sniff the endzone all day minus that.
That's cool, man. I hear ya.
And get it right.. it was a 23 yard drive.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:

Actually for as bad as he played, the numbers are quite good. Keep in mind he lost 2 of his top WRs for the entire second half. Walker (knee), Ferguson (cramps).
He was running for his life all day because our center has decided he needs to do the RGs job as well, which isn't necessary. Keep in mind this was against a D-line that is arguably one of the best in the league. Wilkinson is a player now, Shaun Rogers is probably one of the best DTs in the game, and they have a decent rookie in Cody.
We all know Favre can play better but this ain't the same old Lions. They've improved.
Spin it!
Where did you get that the Lions D line was one of the best in the league?
The Lions D is not even the best in the division. Do I need to tell who is?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts