1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

I can't deal with anything anymore

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Green_Bay_Packers, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    OK, I've had enough of this.

Stop being a godamn pussy and man up. There are people getting raped, murdered, and tortured every hour and you're gonna hurt yourself because life is a little too hard? Deal with it.

Why did you cut your wrists? To kill yourself? Well you failed, so you got that going for you too.

I know if I lived in England I might consider suicide myself, but then I'd remember I'm a man. Stop being an attention whore. Stop throwing yourself pity parties and realize your life isn't that bad.

Unless you're a quadriplegic cancer victim with aids who gets raped by his 7 foot male nurse every night, stop the theatrics.

Get a hold of your life. Write down things you want to do in your life, things that make you happy, and do them. Write down things that would stop you from obtaining those goals, and deal with them.

I hope you figure things out. Good luck.

Dr. Trom

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Right those first couple of sentences wtf is the point u ******* prick, But the last few seem like a good idea so ill give them a go your still a ******* prick Trom

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think the point he was trying to make is this........no matter how bad you think you have it, there are plenty of people that have it lots worse then you do. If you stand back and look at what you are going through, and compare it to some things others are going through, or have gone through and made it out the other side, you might realize that you don't have it as bad as you think.
    Being as you didn't take me up on my offer to tell me whats going on, whats causing your problems, I can't accuratly judge whats happening or give you any insight into how to best handle it.

I'll give you one of my situations, and let me know how it stacked up against what you are going through.
    January 1974. I was 16 years old. January 18th, my Grandfather died. January 29th, my Dad died. 2 weeks after that, i had to have my dog put to sleep. In the matter of a month, my world collapsed. Then my Mom went nuts, and would be gone 2 or 3 days at a time, and i had no idea where she was. That went on for 2 years. My older brother was married and a mean serious drunk. He was NO help to me. I had no one to turn to for help. I thought about killing myself too. Put a loaded rifle under my chin and sat there alone, crying, for several hours.
    February 1994. February 6th my dog "Norman", who i loved dearly, had to be put to sleep. February 18th, my father in law died. February 24th, the night we got home from my father in laws funeral, i got a phone call telling me my 43 year old brother died.
    Now......i don't know how this kind of stuff stacks up against what you are going through, as like i said, you won't tell me. But i typed these to show you that sometimes things seem insurmountable. Yet I'm still here.
    I'm permanently disabled......have been for 10 years now. I have had people question it, because they can't "see" anything wrong with me. I have had my own "pity parties" over the years. When you go 4 or 5 days feeling like crap, and knowing things arn't ever going to get better, it's easy to get feeling down. Then i see people that have it lots worse then me, and i realize how lucky i am. I can still see, i can still walk, i can still hear. Although i am losing my hearing because of my illness, i'm not deaf yet. No matter how bad it seems, it can always be alot worse.
    Try to look at the positives.
    And again, if you want to tell me in a PM whats really got you so down, maybe i can give you some insight how to handle it.

4. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bro, you gotta ask for help.

Compare yourself to someone who's appendix bursts while walking through an unfamiliar neighborhood. Simply expressing your pain isn't gonna make it go away. It'd be be the equivalent to hunching over on the sidewalk and telling passersby "I'm in pain! It hurts!", then just shaking your head or moaning when they ask, "Where are you hurt?"

And, chances are, even if you do tell them, it's something that the average Good Samaritan doesn't have the knowledge or training to treat. Once they realized you needed surgery, they'd call an ambulance.

My advice to is this: Bring it up with a family member. Make a phone call. Walk to a friend's or relative's house. I'm guessing they have hotlines on your side of The Pond like they do over here. It's a free call. Confidential. Sometimes depression is derived from a chemical imbalance, and should be treated with medication. Other times, it is psychological, and just having a pair of ears to listen to you and a voice that responds to your thoughts and feelings will help your perspective.

But until you tell someone what it is that's got you down, there's a good chance that you'll keep dealing with the same negative emotions and gloomy outlook on life.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good points PIB.

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom.

Arrow.

I understand. *goes to buy a plane ticket to San Jose*

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Loving every minute of it.
    Babes everywhere. Can't complain.

Just today, I was walking with a fellow blogger and spotted a very pretty brunette with a body that belongs in a painting. No, I'm not a painter, but if I was, I'd throw some paints on a canvas tonight. Instead, I'm opening a bottle of wine and celebrating the 3 day weekend.

You?

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    People who would go to the trouble of slitting their wrists usually do have something deep that they don't want to deal with.

It's easy to mock someone for attempting suicide, then finding out years later they were sexually molested or something.

Envy - If you need someone to talk to, send me a PM. There's nothing I haven't heard.

I used to tease a kid who had a nervous tick. I was a real jerk in HS. Won't get into details why, just saying I was. Turns out, he saw his sister get shot. That's why he had the tick.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And what PIB said is right on.

What is causing you to be depressed? Is it something that is in your control? If so, what kind of steps can you take to correct it?

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He said he didnt actually slit his wrist, but just thinking about it, thats not a good thing. I am still talking to him guys, will keep you updated, he said that was okay for me to do. :)

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So he didn't actually do it, but was just looking for attention(Which I said)?

So now he's lying to people who want to help him?

Blah, you people deal with him. You're too patient and tolerant of b.s. than I am.

12. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0

Well it surely isnt sunny anymore thats for sure! :) I unfortunately dont have a three day weekend, I have to work tomorrow and Sunday at my old place of employment should be okay I get to see my old tenants so I am excited. I am off Monday and Tuesday, so probably will just clean and catch things up around the house. Boring ha? Someone has to do it..LOL..California weather surely is weird, it goes from being in the 100's to the 60's over night, I am freezing to death. Yes, I know all of you from WI are probably thinking 60 and shes cold? Yep, something happens to you when you move to a warmer climate. I have heard that your blood thins out, but have been told by some that I am skinny this is why I get cold so easily.

Have a great 3 day weekend Zombie and have some wine for me to, wine and me dont mix one glass and I am under the table sort of speaking..LOL..I could be over the table as well..LOL...

13. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0

Not to be disrespectful, but there are many that think about taking their lives but dont actually do it, its when you dont listen to them is when something terrible can happen.

Hes not lying to me, I am just a friend that is willing to talk to him and help him, this is what friends do if your a good one. Not saying that you arent Tromadz.

I do not believe what he is saying is BS, he is just reaching out for someone to talk to and listen to him that is all. :)

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thinking about suicide is one thing, actually doing it, or "attempting" it is another. They shouldn't even call it "attempted suicide" they should call it "gained attention."

Glad to know he's not lying to you, just everyone else.

Good luck kid.

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree to think about suicide is one thing and actually doing it is another because then he wouldnt be here with us talking.

I dont believe hes doing this to gain attention, I myself have been talking to him for quite sometime, so I know a little more then some do here.

So I will say this: My sister tried to take her life more then once, it was to get attention but not the way I think you are thinking, it was her reaching out, it also takes a persons pride to actually tell another that they thought about it. But after many attempts she finally took an overdose of pills and ended up in the hospital, thank god someone found her in time or she wouldnt be here today. You have to understand her life back then, it was miserable she was married to a very abusive man for over 12 years and she couldnt take it anymore. Well the good news is this was along time ago and she has moved on, she no longer is married to this man if you can call him that. And she is so happy now with her life, because of this she became a stronger person and she now knows that she deserves better.

I to this day have told her she is the strongest person that I know, because she has went through so much in her lifetime and she has handled it the best way that she could. I am very proud she is my sister and she is always there for me for that I am so thankful.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think alot of times we go through things so that we can help others that are going through similar things. Often you can only help someone if you truely KNOW what they are going though by your own expieriences.
    Believe me..........I questioned God MANY times as to why i had to go through what i have.
    But i also have been able to help others because of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.