I called it ...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Quientus, these are actual quotes from you on this forum...

"Nevermind the fact that Favre was playing (seriously - torn biceps) hurt neither ..."

"I didn't say it was wrong to bring up those 5 last seasons ... What I pointed out was the discrepancy ... - While those mentioned facts can't be argued (which I also actually wrote, in case you missed it), those same stats does not tell the entire story neither ..."

"I know that LTF and I actually agree on alot of things, however he also knows what I'm saying it correct ... - You can't take out the stats alone and use those solely to base arguements on ... - Those stats have to be put into context as well ... And whether most people like or not ... The "trend" that Favre has been performing poorly in the latter half of the season, is more media created than anything really ... When in fact on most of those occassions it's been pretty much the entire team that didn't deliver, not only Favre (again, not saying he didn't play poorly), however as Favre and Rodgers are quarterbacks, they will inevitably be "scrutinized" more ..."

"You cannot say it's a "trend" or "historical fact" and only base it on less than 1/3 of the seasons played ... - And when you look at the numbers they aren't all "bad" "

I got kinda tired after this, but there is a whole FACT Treasure Chest from you.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your retorics and analytical approach to every discussion is mind-boggling (at best) ... - You, Sir, are clearly an NFL-Guru ... I wonder why you haven't already applied for a Coaching job ... Because it is quite evident that you are *that* much "smarter" than anyone else ...

So now I'm "One of the biggest Favre-appologist" "out there" ? - Your logic is simply amazing !

*applaud*

Why don't you morph into someone with something interesting to talk about?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
OK Quientus, these are actual quotes from you on this forum...

"Nevermind the fact that Favre was playing (seriously - torn biceps) hurt neither ..."

"I didn't say it was wrong to bring up those 5 last seasons ... What I pointed out was the discrepancy ... - While those mentioned facts can't be argued (which I also actually wrote, in case you missed it), those same stats does not tell the entire story neither ..."

"I know that LTF and I actually agree on alot of things, however he also knows what I'm saying it correct ... - You can't take out the stats alone and use those solely to base arguements on ... - Those stats have to be put into context as well ... And whether most people like or not ... The "trend" that Favre has been performing poorly in the latter half of the season, is more media created than anything really ... When in fact on most of those occassions it's been pretty much the entire team that didn't deliver, not only Favre (again, not saying he didn't play poorly), however as Favre and Rodgers are quarterbacks, they will inevitably be "scrutinized" more ..."

"You cannot say it's a "trend" or "historical fact" and only base it on less than 1/3 of the seasons played ... - And when you look at the numbers they aren't all "bad" "

I got kinda tired after this, but there is a whole FACT Treasure Chest from you.

Again I have to ask you ... - Did you actually read what you just quoted ? Because evidently you didn't ...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If saying meaningless things like that to proclaim a victory helps your insecurity, then by all means.

LOL, - There is a saying that goes "Do what you preach" ... - However I wonder if you ever heard or read that ?

- I just don't see the point in going on and on about something that doesn't even pertain to the issue we are discussing, when clearly it won't matter what I say (read: write), because you will still be using the same retorics regardless ... - As you have just so eloquently proven several times in this very thread ...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, - There is a saying that goes "Do what you preach" ... - However I wonder if you ever heard or read that ?

- I just don't see the point in going on and on about something that doesn't even pertain to the issue we are discussing, when clearly it won't matter what I say (read: write), because you will still be using the same retorics regardless ... - As you have just so eloquently proven several times in this very thread ...

Of course I have heard of that. Why do you feel the urge to insult my intelligence? All this cause I poked some fun at how much you use the word "fact."? Come on man, can't we have a little fun? Why so serious?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Of course I have heard of that. Why do you feel the urge to insult my intelligence? All this cause I poked some fun at how much you use the word "fact."? Come on man, can't we have a little fun? Why so serious?

1) If you are going to be calling people names and other derogatory comments, - you have got to be able to accept to be on the "receiving end" as well ... regardless ...

2) I don't hold grudges, quite on the contrary ... - If you can't see that by now ... - well ... again, then I can't really say that much ...

3) - Perhaps you are the one "over-analyzing" things now ? - Something you wrote, I did not so long ago ... ?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) If you are going to be calling people names and other derogatory comments, - you have got to be able to accept to be on the "receiving end" as well ... regardless ...

2) I don't hold grudges, quite on the contrary ... - If you can't see that by now ... - well ... again, then I can't really say that much ...

3) - Perhaps you are the one "over-analyzing" things now ? - Something you wrote, I did not so long ago ... ?

You started the namecalling, but whatever...

How would I know that you don't hold grudges? I don't know you personally, haha.

Am I over-analyzing? Well if anyone would know, it's you Captain!
^^^^^ That was a joke. Don't get bent out of shape. :)

Well let's make a pact to get along now eh?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
You started the namecalling, but whatever...

How would I know that you don't hold grudges? I don't know you personally, haha.

Am I over-analyzing? Well if anyone would know, it's you Captain!
^^^^^ That was a joke. Don't get bent out of shape. :)

Well let's make a pact to get along now eh?

It's a message board ... - And I didn't start the "name-calling" ... Scroll back a few and look :)

I rarely take anything personal that is written on boards such as these ...

- I just retort like anyone else ... - The other thread were we are discussing Caldwells (and others) decision to rest the starters on the Colts team would prove a good example of me not "holding grudges" ...

- Because those are 2 seperate threads ...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a message board ... - And I didn't start the "name-calling" ... Scroll back a few and look :)

I rarely take anything personal that is written on boards such as these ...

- I just retort like anyone else ... - The other thread were we are discussing Caldwells (and others) decision to rest the starters on the Colts team would prove a good example of me not "holding grudges" ...

- Because those are 2 seperate threads ...

Our discussion I didn't start the namecalling. If someone did before me I can't really be held responsible for that.

That Caldwell thread would prove that both of us don't hold grudges...WHY ARE YOU HOGGING ALL THE CREDIT! haha

Anyway I'm exhausted with this, lol, back on topic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well guess what people ... Whenever it's that cold ... I would argue that every player on any team, would probably want to be playing somewhere warmer, regardless ... And I say this, because I know (well not playing under those conditions, however, I've been living and working in Greenland for 3 years) so I know how the cold weather *can and will* affect your physical performance ... - Inccidently in that regard, please look up the match stats for games played under similar conditions, then compare them to the stats for games played under warmer conditions, for any team in the NFL that have played under such cold conditions, and I think people might understand a little better ...

I think it looked like Plax and Eli wanted to be playing in the NFCCG

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So again your theory is proven wrong

Holy Mackerel! Then, you, too, subscribe to the bankrupt theory that Favre perennially succumbs to an arbitrary drop-dead date of November 30th, after midnight.

Give Santa a holler for me the next time he comes down your chimney.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody catch Tony Romo last nite??? What in the hell is going on? Why is he suddenly bucking the "sucks-in-December" trend? Is it maybe because he's finally got a defense that can hold a lead? Or, better yet, maybe the opponents he is facing THIS December are not very good???

I swear, some of you people cannot see beyond yer noses and find great difficulty in putting 2-n-2 together.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I think it looked like Plax and Eli wanted to be playing in the NFCCG

Actually if you look at the game film ... you will be able to see several instances where numerous Giants players (ALSO) actually are looking like they were all wishing they were some place else ... During that game ...

Again, context is important, however, I can certainly see whenever it doesn't suit an arguement, then it is quite easy to overlook it ...

Not saying that is what you are doing, however, I'm pretty sure you would agree ... And right now you are picking something out just to argue semantics atm LTF ...

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually if you look at the game film ... you will be able to see several instances where numerous Giants players (ALSO) actually are looking like they were all wishing they were some place else ... During that game ...

Again, context is important, however, I can certainly see whenever it doesn't suit an arguement, then it is quite easy to overlook it ...

Not saying that is what you are doing, however, I'm pretty sure you would agree ... And right now you are picking something out just to argue semantics atm LTF ...

Also pretty convenient how the Hate-R's always forget to mention the manner in which the Green Bay O-line was destroyed by the Giants' defensive line. That Packers' line allowed the Packers to rush for a whopping 27 yards the entire game.

Then again, the detractors believe a superstar QB should be able to overcome things like a horrible rushing attack, receivers that cannot gain separation, coaches that cannot make in-game adjustments, etc.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, watch as Peyton Manning wins the MVP award yet again, but his teams fails to reach the Super Bowl - yet again. Just like clockwork. Is this evidence that ONE PLAYER does not make up for the play of 52 others, or does it mean Manning chokes???

Or, let's keep it simple and have it both ways. :)

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I don't think the Colts are going to go to the Super Bowl this year they will lose in the second round.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I don't think the Colts are going to go to the Super Bowl this year they will lose in the second round.

So, if this happens - that the Colts do not reach the Super Bowl - then where will the talking heads direct the blame? On Manning? The coach? Or, is it plain old possible that IF this happens, the Colts will have been simply outplayed by their opponents??? After all, isn't this usually what happens 95% of the time two teams square-off against each other?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Mackerel! Then, you, too, subscribe to the bankrupt theory that Favre perennially succumbs to an arbitrary drop-dead date of November 30th, after midnight.

Give Santa a holler for me the next time he comes down your chimney.

Does he ALWAYS play horrible in Dec and Jan??? Not at all, in fact the Seattle playoff game showed he can play in the colder months..

But for last few years on AVERAGE he has trouble once the temps go down..

Notice I said on AVERAGE.......but his tendency is to play below HIS standard more often then not..

Brett Favre - Minnesota Vikings - Split Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Tell us, when does he have his worse rating?

highest is indoors or when its above 80

Lowest ratings are under 40 degrees...

Typically when are those games? In Nov, Dec, and Jan...

How hard is this to understand??????

Then we have once again-----YOUR assessment....

Favre's final four opponents are ranked in passing defense:
that these defensive rankings had/will have more bearing on Favre's production than the fact these games occur in December and early January.
To US your saying the teams he plays are good vs the pass and that is more of the reason why his rating goes down..

So if thats true why are his numbers low vs the bad pass D teams in December?

Rating last 4 games
Highest 61
Lowest 45-Miami last game, Ranked 25th

40----Chicago, 2nd to last Ranked 27th

32--Detroit, 3rd to last game...Ranked 20th

34---Baltimore Was 8th

32---Chicago..Last game of year, they were ranked 15th
Again let me make this clear..

Just because it is Dec does not mean he will fail at all..It depends on the temp, and Dec is when it tends to get cold..

If it is warm, or indoors I love his chances, but if its outside and colder than normal, ON AVERAGE he tends to play below HIS STANDARD

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So, if this happens - that the Colts do not reach the Super Bowl - then where will the talking heads direct the blame? On Manning? The coach? Or, is it plain old possible that IF this happens, the Colts will have been simply outplayed by their opponents??? After all, isn't this usually what happens 95% of the time two teams square-off against each other?

Lets save this quote by you for when the Packers lose in the playoffs shall we?

Then you can go to OBF and show it to them and see how many laugh at you

Ya see, what your not "getting" is this..

The Brett lovers will ALWAYS pin every loss on Rodgers, no ifs ands or butts..And that is sad...

I love playing the devils advocate in all this because it riles up so many people...But yet when it happens to their hero Brett its wrong and I live in a world of make believe and then we hear how Peyton or Drew screwed up...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Brett lovers will ALWAYS pin every loss on Rodgers, no ifs ands or butts..And that is sad...

I love playing the devils advocate in all this because it riles up so many people...But yet when it happens to their hero Brett its wrong and I live in a world of make believe and then we hear how Peyton or Drew screwed up...

I dont know if us "Brett lovers" blame rodgers for everything. I think what has happend is last year and this year it was the defenses fault or the o-line. I do think he has had more of a pass than what he normaly would get under these circumstances. Now before any of you get all crazy on me, I do think Rodgers is a good QB and that he only bares a minority of the fault compared with the rest of the team.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, no, no - you're grouping me in with guys that have an inherent disdain for Rodgers, which is not me.

I think Rodgers is fine and just like Favre, I prove that he needs a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball to be successful. Is he as good as Brett Favre? No. But, that doesn't mean we all fold up our tents and go home crying because some people choose common sense over fanhood. The two are polar opposites in terms of personality and what they bring to the table, but both are productive as hell.

I just find it so darned ironic that so many of the heralded QB's have run into buzz-saws in the playoffs (Manning/Brady/Elway/Favre), yet only Favre and to a lesser extent, Romo, are chosen to be unfairly exposed. Nobody wants to talk about the opponents these guys had to face - they just focus on the results, but then they fail to focus on the results that turn out good - in which they FAIL MISERABLY at realizing why those teams won - because they had COMPETENT TEAM PLAY - not necessarily because they had certain QB's.

Favre can get most any team to 9 or 10 wins. Winning the Super Bowl requires an upper-echelon level of talent.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
The main thing people (media) and fans seem to forget is that the Colts were actually already being "handled" by the Jets, even before the Colts decided to "rest" their starters ... the Jets had just returned a kick off for a TD and Manning had actually just been sacked and forced to fumble as well ...

- Had the Colts lost anyway, even with having most of their starters playing a full game, most people would probably be asking why the starters weren't benched and rested, since that game and the last one will mean nothing in regards of play off seeding and home field advantage determination ...

@ LTF ... - something to consider ... In regards to your comment ...
- While Aaron Rodgers have been having a rather "stellar" season in terms of statistics, isn't it a little too convinient to overlook that while Rodgers (personal) stats have been "declining" somewhat in regards to what he had earlier this season, the team as a whole seems to be playing better and winning games ?

- That isn't saying Rodgers is playing bad or anything, but mostly goes to show that perhaps the coaching needs to get more credit (and discredit as well I'll admit for the start of the season for "overestimating" the talent they had to work with initially) than they have been getting lately ?

Rodgers in my mind have actually played a whole lot better during the latter part of the season than in the first, despite not having as "gawdy" numbers and stats to boot ...

Not to mention the offensive line that people were screaming and railing on for being the "worst in the league" etc etc ...

Members online

Latest posts