I called it ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We have to give accurate weights to ALL variables in this equation when evaluating Brett Favre. And, I am arguing that saying Brett Favre falters in December has more to do with WHO he is playing rather than which month he is playing in and my analysis bears this out: Favre's final four opponents are ranked in passing
If your using what I think you are

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

** Cinncy is 15th not 12th***

Shall we look at the past 5 years?

08 D
Miami---25
Seattle--last
Buffalo---13
Frisco---20

Avg of 22.5

Lions----31
Bears---27
Rams---21
Raiders---8

Avg of 21.75

Frisco---26
Lions---25
Vikings ---31
Bears---11

Avg of 23.25

Lions---13
Ravens---8
Bears---5
Seahawks---25

Avg of 12.75

Lions---20
Jag---16
Vikings---29---
Bears---15

Avg of 20
Not so sure your argument holds any water?

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the NFL's all-time leader in interceptions, in general, is not to blame for all of his INT's?

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the NFL's all-time leader in interceptions, in general, is not to blame for all of his INT's?

Game,match, point!!! There is NO argument to that! Its ok Haus, your wrong and there is nothing you can do about it, you stats are whack and your boy toy brent is going downhill....quickly :D:D.....:viksux::viksux:

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game,match, point!!! There is NO argument to that! Its ok Haus, your wrong and there is nothing you can do about it, you stats are whack and your boy toy brent is going downhill....quickly :D:D.....:viksux::viksux:

This is typical of people nowadays. They basically believe anything they're told without doing due diligence in research.

You can believe Brett Favre sucks when the clock strikes midnight on November 30th and you can also continue to believe in the Tooth Fairy and Kris Kringle. Or, you can step outside of your tiny little worlds and realize that not everything is as the media portrays it to be.

I've provided solid, concrete evidence and a bulletproofed argument. What do I get in return? Grown men essentially sticking their fingers into their ears and yelling, "I can't hear you!" "I can't hear you!" "La-La-La-La-La" "I can't hear you!".

But, far be it from me to get ya'll to understand the world is no longer flat.
:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're not understanding the rankings. The rankings of the pass defense were the rankings AT THE TIME the games were played, obviously, or maybe not.

At the time huh?

So in 4 games, each of those teams dropped WAY down in rankings?

since your adding yet ANOTHER reason, why not show us what each of those teams rankings were at THE TIME to back up your claim?

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't understand the bigger picture by now, it's really hopeless.

As long as I can get it out there, though, that is just as important. At the very least, maybe it'll help 25% of you guys understand that Brett Favre is really no different than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady - he needs competent teammates that play at, or near, his level. Brett can cover for a game or three, but the dirty laundry is always eventually exposed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't understand the bigger picture by now, it's really hopeless.

As long as I can get it out there, though, that is just as important. At the very least, maybe it'll help 25% of you guys understand that Brett Favre is really no different than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady - he needs competent teammates that play at, or near, his level. Brett can cover for a game or three, but the dirty laundry is always eventually exposed.

So now when your shown that your assessment was wrong, you are going to cave in? Thats not the way I picture you..I get impression that you will do what ever it takes to prove your point..So step up and prove it and not take easy way out..

And I FULLY agree with it takes team mates to help..

But thats the problem Brett slobbers only use that excuse when Brett is shown to be at fault..

But wont use that excuse when the Packers have lost with rodgers

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
And I FULLY agree with it takes team mates to help..

But thats the problem Brett slobbers only use that excuse when Brett is shown to be at fault..

But wont use that excuse when the Packers have lost with rodgers

- Again, all though you look at the statistics for alot of those games, granted the "ratings" haven't been "stellar", however, you seem to (conviently) forget the context of (alot of) those games as well ...

- I think that is what Hauschild is pointing at ... Not so much "excuses", - which inccidently is the same arguement you always bring in, whenever we are discussing this topic ...

Yes, Favre played rather poorly against Arizona, however, he didn't exactly play bad against the Panthers ... - And it's not like the Panthers are a "bad" team perce ... just like Arizona isn't a bad team neither ... - In fact the Panthers pretty much just annihilated the Giants at the Meadows just this evening ...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Favre played rather poorly against Arizona, however, he didn't exactly play bad against the Panthers ... - And it's not like the Panthers are a "bad" team perce ... just like Arizona isn't a bad team neither ... - In fact the Panthers pretty much just annihilated the Giants at the Meadows just this evening ...

Tampa Bay just beat the Saints in the Superdome but all you Viqueen fans love to bring up our loss to them.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Tampa Bay just beat the Saints in the Superdome but all you Viqueen fans love to bring up our loss to them.

1) I'm not a Vikings fan perce ... Just like I'm not a Packers fan perce ...
- Something I've stated time and time again ... - In fact, I've probably been rooting for the Packers alot longer than you have ...

2) Please show me where I have pointed that out please ... - Atleast check your "facts" before "budging" in with something totally irrelevant to this discussion ...

3) Yep, the Buccaneers just beat the Saints in New Orleans, just like I mentioned in another thread (Gameday thread), to refute why the Saints, despite 2 loses (at home even) in a row, are still a Super Bowl Contender, despite those loses ...

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is typical of people nowadays. They basically believe anything they're told without doing due diligence in research.

You can believe Brett Favre sucks when the clock strikes midnight on November 30th and you can also continue to believe in the Tooth Fairy and Kris Kringle. Or, you can step outside of your tiny little worlds and realize that not everything is as the media portrays it to be.

I've provided solid, concrete evidence and a bulletproofed argument. What do I get in return? Grown men essentially sticking their fingers into their ears and yelling, "I can't hear you!" "I can't hear you!" "La-La-La-La-La" "I can't hear you!".

But, far be it from me to get ya'll to understand the world is no longer flat.
:happy0005:

Haus your head is as hard as you are for favre. Im done trying to even dispute the fact that majority of INTS are his fault because he is the QB right? He is the one throwing the ball correct? But no matter how its put your still gonna be sucking on the favre all night long. All I can say to you is I want you to read this, then take a step back and literally **** your own face!!!!!!!!!!

Directions from brent to Haus: Insert brent **** here --->:shout:

Your the most obnoxious favre lover I have ever heard and if you are a packers fan then I pray your the only one of your kind.:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Again, all though you look at the statistics for alot of those games, granted the "ratings" haven't been "stellar", however, you seem to (conviently) forget the context of (alot of) those games as well ...

- I think that is what Hauschild is pointing at ... Not so much "excuses", - which inccidently is the same arguement you always bring in, whenever we are discussing this topic ...

Correct. A person would have to be intentionally blinding themselves to NOT understand what is going on in Minnesota - really. If you come at this argument with an axe to grind against Favre, then you'll never really understand NFL football and how it all fits together.

Favre has got an O-line (WHICH I STATED FROM THE PRE-SEASON) that cannot handle upper-tier pash rushes, and cannot run block consistently no matter which defense they play. This is why I kept telling you guys that Minnesota was going to be losing ball games down the stretch - not because Favre sucks at the strike of midnight on November 30th (Really, people, don't you see how foolish this reads????) but because the level of defensive talent the Vikings faced in the second half of the season was pretty brutal. When you're facing 4 straight top 12 passing defenses to finish the season, that generally means that if you cannot rush consistently to open up the pass, you're QB is toast.

Again, we saw it today with Carolina utterly dominating the Giants - they have a stifling defense and now with horrible Delhomme out of the picture, they can score points. Thank God they are not in the playoffs (even if Steve Smith broke his arm).

Brett has become so automatic as a QB that I firmly believe he isn't capable of playing a POOR GAME. A bad throw once a quarter? Maybe. But, a bad GAME for 60 minutes? Obviously, that makes absolutely, positively no sense, unless you are the type that doesn't have a firm grasp of how the NFL really works. When Favre struggles early and his line cannot block the pass rush and his line cannot open rushing lanes and his coaches cannot make in-game adjustments successfully, is this the fault of Brett's? Actually, is it reasonable to fault ONE PLAYER over the 21 other starters? Or, is it more rational and accurate to understand that one man cannot cover for incompetence across the board - especially when facing upper-echelon teams???

I'm merely the messenger with no axe to grind either way.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haus your head is as hard as you are for favre. Im done trying to even dispute the fact that majority of INTS are his fault because he is the QB right? He is the one throwing the ball correct? But no matter how its put your still gonna be sucking on the favre all night long. All I can say to you is I want you to read this, then take a step back and literally **** your own face!!!!!!!!!!

Directions from brent to Haus: Insert brent **** here --->:shout:

Your the most obnoxious favre lover I have ever heard and if you are a packers fan then I pray your the only one of your kind.:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

How can you expect reasonable men to respond to such gibberish???

If it frustrates you that I am an independent and thought-provoking thinker, well, that's an issue you'll have to deal with. You should embrace what I bring to the table here because what I provide, you cannot get from ESPN or the NFL Network because you allowed yourself to think too much from 30,000 feet - exactly like they do.

I think that as this season winds down and we begin the next, maybe some of this stuff will sink into yer squash and you'll have a deeper appreciation for what Favre brings to the table. And, this is logic and facts talking over love and hate.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has become so automatic as a QB that I firmly believe he isn't capable of playing a POOR GAME. A bad throw once a quarter? Maybe. But, a bad GAME for 60 minutes? Obviously, that makes absolutely, positively no sense, unless you are the type that doesn't have a firm grasp of how the NFL really works. When Favre struggles early and his line cannot block the pass rush and his line cannot open rushing lanes and his coaches cannot make in-game adjustments successfully, is this the fault of Brett's? Actually, is it reasonable to fault ONE PLAYER over the 21 other starters? Or, is it more rational and accurate to understand that one man cannot cover for incompetence across the board - especially when facing upper-echelon teams???

I don't really understand though. A thing you tried to prove is that the pass defense rankings of the teams Faver faced were tough, and you seem to back into a corner with a "defensive rankings AT THAT TIME" excuse. Then you didn't really show any facts with that, but merely just said it hoping people would believe you. NOW, you're saying his whole team is playing poorly and somewhat implying that it could possibly be a huge coincidence that Faver's numbers have been mediocre at best when it comes to December. When you do this argument though, I just don't want to hear Faver fans blaming Rodgers for a Packer loss all the time. There's a reason why packer fans are testy when Faver is brought up and when his team loses

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) I'm not a Vikings fan perce ... Just like I'm not a Packers fan perce ...
- Something I've stated time and time again ... - In fact, I've probably been rooting for the Packers alot longer than you have ...

2) Please show me where I have pointed that out please ... - Atleast check your "facts" before "budging" in with something totally irrelevant to this discussion ...

3) Yep, the Buccaneers just beat the Saints in New Orleans, just like I mentioned in another thread (Gameday thread), to refute why the Saints, despite 2 loses (at home even) in a row, are still a Super Bowl Contender, despite those loses ...

I swear, every post I read from you all goes something like... "Check the facts...I have facts...FACTS, FACTS, FACTS, FACTS, FACTS...." Is that your favorite word or something?

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really understand though. A thing you tried to prove is that the pass defense rankings of the teams Faver faced were tough, and you seem to back into a corner with a "defensive rankings AT THAT TIME" excuse. Then you didn't really show any facts with that, but merely just said it hoping people would believe you. NOW, you're saying his whole team is playing poorly and somewhat implying that it could possibly be a huge coincidence that Faver's numbers have been mediocre at best when it comes to December. When you do this argument though, I just don't want to hear Faver fans blaming Rodgers for a Packer loss all the time. There's a reason why packer fans are testy when Faver is brought up and when his team loses

Yes, I realize that, but this is where team play comes into play. I mean, sure, Favre can pull a few rabbits outta his hat, but being under constant pressure with no opposing blitz, and no running game, makes it nearly impossible for 60 minutes.

Good defenses make good offenses impotent, for the most part. Some coaches seem to be able to adjust and allow their teams to remain competitive, a la New England. Some coaches become befuddled and poor starts turn into poorer finishes.

I agree that there is no way Favre is perfect, but isn't it rather obvious what makes Favre appear to struggle? It is when the running game doesn't work at all, and the O-line provides no time to allow receivers to get open. Take the Carolina and Arizona games, for instance. If anybody watched those games, they'd see ZERO running game and no time for Favre to allow a play to develop. You could see on the POV camera replays that there were often 7 guys available to defend 3 receivers - it just doesn't work. You can't throw screens when defenses don't blitz, so that nullifies another WCO asset.

At any rate, my initial point is that Favre's opponents have 90% to do with his struggles (in any month) - not the month itself. Think about it: What would we be talking about if Minnesota faced Pittsburgh, Arizona and Carolina in weeks 1, 2 and 3 and got to play Seattle, Cleveland and St. Louis in the final three weeks??? Do you really believe Minnesota would still lose these games??? No way.

Personally, if Favre really sucked, I'd be the first to admit it. It's just a real, real tough sell for me to believe an arbitrary drop-dead date has more to do with his poor numbers than his opponents themselves. It bothers me because everybody that subscribes to this notion is not thinking reasonably and if it is one thing I cannot tolerate, it is misinformation being bandied about and taken as gospel.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
At any rate, my initial point is that Favre's opponents have 90% to do with his struggles (in any month) - not the month itself. Think about it: What would we be talking about if Minnesota faced Pittsburgh, Arizona and Carolina in weeks 1, 2 and 3 and got to play Seattle, Cleveland and St. Louis in the final three weeks??? Do you really believe Minnesota would still lose these games??? No way.

But you are basing it is how it is suppose to be..And while I fully understand the principle behind your stance I have to disagree..

The reality is that the teams he faced when he December production sank have been proven to have low pass D..Which is what your INITIAL argument

and I quote

Favre's final four opponents are ranked in passing defense:
Cincy - 12
Carolina - 4
Chicago - 7
New York - 10
...In which I argue that these defensive rankings had/will have more bearing on Favre's production than the fact these games occur in December and early January.
Going a step further
Rating last 4 games
Highest 61
Lowest 45-Miami last game, Ranked 25th

40----Chicago, 2nd to last Ranked 27th

32--Detroit, 3rd to last game...Ranked 20th

34---Baltimore Was 8th

32---Chicago..Last game of year, they were ranked 15th

So for last 5 years, he had hislowest rating in Dec vs teams with pass D that were average (one game,Chicago) or below (three games)

So again your theory is proven wrong

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Brent threw that INT into the end zone I was thinking "Yep. It's the same ol' Brent we know and love (to hate.)"

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I swear, every post I read from you all goes something like... "Check the facts...I have facts...FACTS, FACTS, FACTS, FACTS, FACTS...." Is that your favorite word or something?

I'm sorry, but if you had infact read *my* posts, you would know by now ...

So for you to be stating such as you have, clearly shows that you haven't really read my posts, probably just skimming them, like you do alot of posts (apparently) and then hit the reply-button ... - Which is why, I wrote what I did ...

Why is it that whenever people can't retort in a sensible logical way, they usually resort to similar (childish and unintelligent) replies as the above ?

Also, since we are having this "Late Season Slump or not" discussion ... - Anyone mind to check out Peyton Mannings stats going into the play offs, (those seasons when the Colts made the play offs) ? - Since Manning has failed more than he has succeeded in the play offs, that must by default, also mean that Manning is slumping in the later half of the season and playing poorly ? - See my point ? ... Again it goes to context of those games played ... Granted there will *ALWAYS* be games when atheletes doesn't play stellar, it's only natural, however, to purely look at stats and then base any arguements is ludicrous and foolish at best, and clearly shows that people probably haven't even been watching the games themselves (which is ironic), because when it comes to the Packers, I would say it is a safe bet that people (here) actually did in fact watch them LOL

For all the games that have been played in the latter part of the season, including play off games, I cannot understand why that whenever people bring up the NFCCG against the Giants, they (conviently) forget to include the game the week before against Seattle in similar conditions, yet, everyone (well not everyone, but many), still claim that Favre didn't "look like himself", that he looked like he didn't want to be there ... Favre's stats the week before sure didn't look like he was about to "give up" ...

Well guess what people ... Whenever it's that cold ... I would argue that every player on any team, would probably want to be playing somewhere warmer, regardless ... And I say this, because I know (well not playing under those conditions, however, I've been living and working in Greenland for 3 years) so I know how the cold weather *can and will* affect your physical performance ... - Inccidently in that regard, please look up the match stats for games played under similar conditions, then compare them to the stats for games played under warmer conditions, for any team in the NFL that have played under such cold conditions, and I think people might understand a little better ...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but if you had infact read *my* posts, you would know by now ...

So for you to be stating such as you have, clearly shows that you haven't really read my posts, probably just skimming them, like you do alot of posts (apparently) and then hit the reply-button ... - Which is why, I wrote what I did ...

Why is it that whenever people can't retort in a sensible logical way, they usually resort to similar (childish and unintelligent) replies as the above ?

Haha, I saw you online and I just was waiting, knew you would have to say something.

You clearly don't read my post. I say something and your response is to get your back up and cry about how what I say is irrelevent to this conversation. That is quite laughable. In fact if you had the state of mind to actually read what I wrote, then it had to do with the conversation. The fact that you are one of the biggest Favre apologists there is, that clouds your judgment, so I don't even expect an unbiased response. I'll just get more insults because apearantly thats how you try to get your point across.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Haha, I saw you online and I just was waiting, knew you would have to say something.

You clearly don't read my post. I say something and your response is to get your back up and cry about how what I say is irrelevent to this conversation. That is quite laughable. In fact if you had the state of mind to actually read what I wrote, then it had to do with the conversation. The fact that you are one of the biggest Favre apologists there is, that clouds your judgment, so I don't even expect an unbiased response. I'll just get more insults because apearantly thats how you try to get your point across.

Your retorics and analytical approach to every discussion is mind-boggling (at best) ... - You, Sir, are clearly an NFL-Guru ... I wonder why you haven't already applied for a Coaching job ... Because it is quite evident that you are *that* much "smarter" than anyone else ...

So now I'm "One of the biggest Favre-appologist" "out there" ? - Your logic is simply amazing !

*applaud*

Latest posts