I am ready to eat my words

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just this morning I spoke about how bad our offensive line was and that they might one day be a good line but they're not close yet. Well I'll eat those words today. I think that young offensive line looked pretty darn good today. I'll say right now that if they can keep those guys together and find another left tackle that could be a nice line. I think those kids grew up today.

Reaction score
The young players were great, they were getting to the 2nd level to block LBs. That is what I liked seeing.

That being said, I think Clifton made HUGE leaps in his play today. As I sad in PBP, he didn't play as good as he did a couple of seasons ago, but he stepped up big time and played at an acceptable level. You can't ask anymore from the guy, but my concern was that he was looking uncomfortable in the second half, and rubbing his knees at some point while in the huddle. That is worrying IMO.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of the credit can go to Mr. Jeff Jagodzinski. He has a knack for esatblishing good offensive lines.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Ted Thompson would bring in a good offensive line GOD im sick of him cheatin this team.

EDIT... not directed at anyone in particular.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think alot of credit has to go to Joe Philbin, too.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O-line and Noah Herron were definitely the silver lining in today's disappointing loss. I saw Spitz miss a back-side cut block early in the game, but the run blocking was very good overall. The pass blocking still could use some improvement, but it was acceptable for the most part.

The holding calls against Spitz and Wells both looked like phantom calls to me, but then, I never have been able to figure out exactly what constitutes holding in the NFL. I don't thing anyone else has figured it out, either, including the officials.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The O-line and Noah Herron were definitely the silver lining in today's disappointing loss. I saw Spitz miss a back-side cut block early in the game, but the run blocking was very good overall. The pass blocking still could use some improvement, but it was acceptable for the most part.

The holding calls against Spitz and Wells both looked like phantom calls to me, but then, I never have been able to figure out exactly what constitutes holding in the NFL. I don't thing anyone else has figured it out, either, including the officials.

Wells was more visible I thought. IMO, he just simply overpowered the guy and took him down. In fact embarrassed him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of Little taking Tauscher to school on the last play for the Pack it was a nice day by the offensive line. There really coming together and making strides.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Outside of Little taking Tauscher to school on the last play for the Pack it was a nice day by the offensive line. There really coming together and making strides.

IMO, Philbin and Jags are doing a masterful job with this line. Three rotating rookies with a brand new starter at Center and two vet tackles that have never run this scheme before and weve allowed 2 sacks in 3 weeks against two heavily blitzing teams and two consecutive 100 yard rushing games with two different obscure RB's.

Members online

Latest posts