I am impress

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Your OK in my book so I'm not putting you on my ignore list, prospector. :tup: Or anyone else, yet.
But I've been close and I am considering putting those on who are writing negative/critical things about the Pack.
That's one thing that would help me tolerate the complaints about the D-Fence around here.
Why not get a movement going? Let's just ignore anybody who disagrees with us. One thing is for sure, those in our group will always agree with us and determine that we are correct right?
How comforting to be in a group that determines that the Packers perfect season is a fluke. You just gotta find a few guys to hang with your group.

fahad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am Saints fan and i would like to Congrats all GB fans on your team wins and excellent performance. Great Job and well done.
I hope we meet you in the NFC Championship game. All the best for you and your team. I really love the way your team playing. Congrats again.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
And let's also not forget that these teams just met a few weeks ago and that game with the same players was even closer.
Pack won by just 6 points.
The same Pack D-Fence did something different this time and let us hope that they keep it up.
I'll expect big numbers from them and a blow out by the offense against Tampa Bay.

I agree, they fixed the problems from the first game against Minnesota.

I would so love a blow out against Tampa, especially because I hate them for their thugness. Thug head coach, thug defense, an offense that can't get it done. A new team I love to hate.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not here to get in a pissing match either and I hope anyone that has read a few of my posts realizes that. And for as long as I've posted on forums I've never put a poster on ignore and that's not going to change.

It astounds me to see a poster write that he would put someone on ignore for "writing negative/critical things" about the Packers. Of course it's one thing if a poster were always negative or critical but to have a problem reading the reasoned criticism of another Packers fan is just a shame IMO. Had the internet and that poster existed in the Dark Ages of Packer fandom (the period after Lombardi to Wolf) he probably wouldn't have been able to read a single post. Nowadays even the Packers own website prints negatives about the Packers. For example their November 6 article quoted Woodson's criticisms of the D: "… the way we went out and played defense today was disappointing in a lot of aspects" … "Just a lot of bad football." Even in the midst of this incredible winning streak, McCarthy talks about problems that need to be addressed and fixed. Do you put his press conferences on "ignore" because he's being negative? Is Woodson on that list for you, too? How informative or insightful would reading a 100% positive, ignore any and all problems board be?

I understand the Favre fiasco split Packer Nation and it resulted in incredible acrimony among Packers fans and probably infested every Packers board on the net. But Thompson, McCarthy, and Rodgers (and IMO the actions of Favre after the split) decisively proved one side of those arguments wrong. Thankfully that's behind us now. So why the acrimony among Packers fans now? If we can't avoid the name-calling and nonsense now, during an historic winning streak with a QB having a season for the ages, when can we?

Sorry for this tangent, I'm done with this. Back to the topic: I am impress too.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
EVERYONE on the forum needs to start seeing the glass is half full. Now. Right now.
Should have though from the very beginning.

I knew the D was going to turn it around at some point.
Me and all those who had faith and praise and kept thinking positive about the Packers were right!
I hope that tonight's win against the Vikes will be their turnaround game.
How can it not be?
This should get them motivated for sweeping the rival.
Now they will have a better idea of what works and should continue that ride through the rest of the season all the way into the post.
I think our glass has been near full all season and If the D continues to improve our cup runeth over.

Apparently Wood and Dom had a chat last week. Wood says the guys like to play desperate and it looks like Dom listened and unleashed the hounds. When Burnett gets that club off and hopefully Neal will start giving that pocket a little push so the QB's can't run and hide from Clay anymore, watch out.

ARoge is the CapItan of the O but Wood is the heart and soul of this team and will lead us back to the promised land.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, they fixed the problems from the first game against Minnesota.

I would so love a blow out against Tampa, especially because I hate them for their thugness. Thug head coach, thug defense, an offense that can't get it done. A new team I love to hate.
Thugs?
So they use real cannon balls in those cannons on that ship?
Yikes!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not here to get in a pissing match either and I hope anyone that has read a few of my posts realizes that. And for as long as I've posted on forums I've never put a poster on ignore and that's not going to change.

It astounds me to see a poster write that he would put someone on ignore for "writing negative/critical things" about the Packers. Of course it's one thing if a poster were always negative or critical but to have a problem reading the reasoned criticism of another Packers fan is just a shame IMO. Had the internet and that poster existed in the Dark Ages of Packer fandom (the period after Lombardi to Wolf) he probably wouldn't have been able to read a single post. Nowadays even the Packers own website prints negatives about the Packers. For example their November 6 article quoted Woodson's criticisms of the D: "… the way we went out and played defense today was disappointing in a lot of aspects" … "Just a lot of bad football." Even in the midst of this incredible winning streak, McCarthy talks about problems that need to be addressed and fixed. Do you put his press conferences on "ignore" because he's being negative? Is Woodson on that list for you, too? How informative or insightful would reading a 100% positive, ignore any and all problems board be?

I understand the Favre fiasco split Packer Nation and it resulted in incredible acrimony among Packers fans and probably infested every Packers board on the net. But Thompson, McCarthy, and Rodgers (and IMO the actions of Favre after the split) decisively proved one side of those arguments wrong. Thankfully that's behind us now. So why the acrimony among Packers fans now? If we can't avoid the name-calling and nonsense now, during an historic winning streak with a QB having a season for the ages, when can we?

Sorry for this tangent, I'm done with this. Back to the topic: I am impress too.
I've written it elsewhere more than once and I'll write it again.
I keep seeing posts on here that should only be made when they lose. Not when they win.
Some Packers fans are acting like this is the worst team ever in the history of football.
That's the way the world works. Everyone, myself included at times, prefers to complain than to compliment. Folks will be quick to complain about any subject without acknowledging any positive attributes about the same topic. And this place is not immune to that.
Why the heck are fans getting so hot headed when they win? Even to the point of name calling?
It didn't happen this week, because those touchy hard-to-please fans were finally satisfied when they should have been satisfied all along. I've been very pleased with this team from the start and for that I'm called an idiot? Excuse me?
And then why the heck when the ignore feature is even mentioned, there are those who act like the user shouldn't have the right to use it?
The ignore feature is there for a reason and the user will probably have a good reason to use it.
I'll try to be more tolerant of the negative things on here but my tolerance will have a limit and when that limit is reached, ignore will start being used and that's just the way it will go.
Ignorance is bliss.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We all have different opinions on the Pack to say one is stupid, or retard, or what ever on their thoughts, that wont last long

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Well Forget Favre, I said I was done with this but since you addressed me, I'll answer. Can you name the posters who are "acting like this is the worst team ever in the history of football"? Can you name even one? I ask this to make a point but also because of the number of posts on this forum there is no way I have seen even most of them and I might have missed this cabal of posters you're talking about. Could it be that you view any criticism as inappropriate after a win, and you are exaggerating the point of view of those posting criticism? BTW, how do you deal with criticism offered by Packers themselves, like Woodson even after a win?

If a Packers fan is concerned about an area of the team why is it only appropriate for him/her to express that concern after a loss? Aren't we all eager to see the Packers repeat and isn't it legitimate for Packers fans to express a concern they have with the team that may prevent them from repeating? Even if they win that week's game? For example what if during a win the Packers give up 170 yards on three KORs? Why wouldn't it be appropriate for a poster to question the players and coaches regarding the KOR team - even if the team was in the middle of an historic 15 game winning streak? And if you are concerned about someone complaining about any subject without acknowledging any positives about that topic, you are free to express those positive attributes. That would make the point you want to convey, wouldn't it?

Who acted like a poster shouldn't have the right to use the ignore feature? If you think I did, read the second sentence of my post again. Nowhere did I say or imply someone else doesn't have the right to use ignore. I just posted I never have.

Why are fans getting so hot headed when they win? Well, that was one of the points I made in the post you quoted. Perhaps one of the reasons is when some do, they are supported by others. For example you chimed in, in apparent support of a poster who posted that DevilDon was not a true Packers fan or even a football fan and was less than civil toward another poster. Look this isn't that important. I realize I am not a moderator and that I've already spent too much time on it. But IMO it benefits the board when posters are civil to each other, even while disagreeing with each other and even if their disagreement is vehement. As I said and as you agree, if we can't be civil during this winning streak, when could we?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've written it elsewhere more than once and I'll write it again.
I keep seeing posts on here that should only be made when they lose. Not when they win.
Some Packers fans are acting like this is the worst team ever in the history of football.
That's the way the world works. Everyone, myself included at times, prefers to complain than to compliment. Folks will be quick to complain about any subject without acknowledging any positive attributes about the same topic. And this place is not immune to that.
Why the heck are fans getting so hot headed when they win? Even to the point of name calling?
It didn't happen this week, because those touchy hard-to-please fans were finally satisfied when they should have been satisfied all along. I've been very pleased with this team from the start and for that I'm called an idiot? Excuse me?
And then why the heck when the ignore feature is even mentioned, there are those who act like the user shouldn't have the right to use it?
The ignore feature is there for a reason and the user will probably have a good reason to use it.
I'll try to be more tolerant of the negative things on here but my tolerance will have a limit and when that limit is reached, ignore will start being used and that's just the way it will go.
Ignorance is bliss.

I'll interject for a second since I know i'm one of the more critical commentors. Why should the week's outcome make a difference as to why we're critical about how the team is playing? For example, if we beat the Rams by 3 points, wouldn't there be some cause for concern? There would obviously be problems since the team that just won the superbowl almost lost to the worst team in the league. But when the team plays to the degree that we believe is appropriate (this week for example) then we dish out the compliments.

As for the heated arguments, it goes both ways. The half-empties get frustrated with the half-fulls because you're not seeing it the way we see it. The half-fulls get frustrated because the half-empties aren't satisfied. You see "acceptable" we see "fine, but improvements are needed". When I start to feel like I'm getting into one of these type of back-and-forths I'll usually try to stop posting in the thread.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Criticism is appropriate whether the team is 9-0, 7-2, 0-9. You can't just say that just because the team won or has a winning record that they are beyond reproach. A 9-0 record, or even a win doesn't make you perfect. You can win a game and still have issues. Those issues might be put by the wayside in light of the win, but turning a blind eye from them does not make those issues go away. Take the Chargers game for an example. We won, yes, but it wasn't pretty. It's also all in how one takes criticism and how that criticism is rendered. I don't think anybody on here is intentionally trying to bash the team. They are merely pointing out observations and concerns that may not of cost us a win this game but may present a problem in the future.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Criticism is appropriate whether the team is 9-0, 7-2, 0-9. You can't just say that just because the team won or has a winning record that they are beyond reproach. A 9-0 record, or even a win doesn't make you perfect. You can win a game and still have issues. Those issues might be put by the wayside in light of the win, but turning a blind eye from them does not make those issues go away. Take the Chargers game for an example. We won, yes, but it wasn't pretty. It's also all in how one takes criticism and how that criticism is rendered. I don't think anybody on here is intentionally trying to bash the team. They are merely pointing out observations and concerns that may not of cost us a win this game but may present a problem in the future.
Yes, but at the same time you have to prepare for the glass half full/half empty fans who are realists. We all have different perspectives on this team but it's quite obvious they have been satisfying all requirements for all types. I guess as a realist it's difficult since this team has met all requirements as an unbeaten team. It's hard to listen to complaints and adulations when you realize they are the team that they are. This Packer team is the elite of the NFL and then there's everyone else. I'm not a rose colored kind of fan, they are really, really a good football club.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll interject for a second since I know i'm one of the more critical commentors. Why should the week's outcome make a difference as to why we're critical about how the team is playing? For example, if we beat the Rams by 3 points, wouldn't there be some cause for concern? There would obviously be problems since the team that just won the superbowl almost lost to the worst team in the league. But when the team plays to the degree that we believe is appropriate (this week for example) then we dish out the compliments.

As for the heated arguments, it goes both ways. The half-empties get frustrated with the half-fulls because you're not seeing it the way we see it. The half-fulls get frustrated because the half-empties aren't satisfied. You see "acceptable" we see "fine, but improvements are needed". When I start to feel like I'm getting into one of these type of back-and-forths I'll usually try to stop posting in the thread.
Good point which is why I'm leaving this one or done commenting on this topic.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think I hit my first Packers Fan forum following the '97 season - that would have been the old JSOnline Fan Forum. Frequented several sites of the years. Moderated at two (never do THAT again...) All that I can say is: The more these forums stay the same...they more they...well... stay the same. Frankly, it just doesn't pay to let opinions you would rather scream down, get under your skin. Nothing anyone posts on an internet forum is worth a bucket of warm spit in the grand scheme of things...it won't cause any team to play better or worse and sure won't put your kids through college -- Hell...I learn more here than I could EVER contribute -- but everyone has something to contribute, even if it's 'irritation'. ;)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Thugs?
So they use real cannon balls in those cannons on that ship?
Yikes!

LOL watch and see them trying to actually hurt someone on our team when they are getting their ***** kicked. They did it against New Orleans (Twice), Houston (Actually injured Matt Schaub), and every other team I've seen them play.

Members online

Latest posts