I am impress

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some interesting posts here. :rolleyes: Hard to be critical of this performance. We dominated for the most part. Packers showed again why they are the team to beat. Defense played a lot better but I'd still like to see more from the front three. OL had some breakdowns and Cobb cost us a shutout.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm one of the bashers of this season's defense but they looked good tonight. Only gave up 1 or 2 passing plays where there was no one in the TV screen.

HAVING SAID THAT, its important to remember that this was against a 2-7 team where the 7 has more to do with the offense than the defense. But they showed a great deal of improvement this week compared to prior weeks and I hope that continues.

On a Woodson note, I lol'ed when he dropped that INT. There was clearly no one between him and the endzone if he caught that ball. I can just imagine him seeing the ball coming at him the size of a watermelon, wide eyed and licking his chops. Just got a little too excited on that one.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get where people have the need to shout YOU WERE WRONG AND I WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE DEFENSE!!!! I TOLD YOU PEOPLE ALL ALONG THAT THIS D WOULD GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just makes me sick to my stomach... ;)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But your very statement implies that they had to "get it together" doesn't it? ;)
Saying they need to get together is IMHO different than saying they're an awful defense, that they're a liability and that they suck, and that we need to worry about them (which has been said plenty, not saying by you or anyone in this board).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know people say the vikes are 2-7 but lets not forget they have Peterson if you don;t stop him they have a very good chance at scoring,so what our D-line did last night was good football, and thank you Harvin for offensive interference call can't wait for sunday.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with RS, there's a difference between criticizing aspects of the D - as Woodson did for example - and saying they suck.
- - - -
Texas9erFan in spite of our First Amendment rights, we are all guests here since none of us have the right to post on any particular internet forum. Since this forum is devoted to the Green Bay Packers and you are not a Packers fan - you've spent most of your time talking up the 49ers - you are even more of a guest here, don't you think? Honestly do you think your posts on this thread appear appropriate for a guest?

BTW, I've been posting here for less than one year but I've read many of DevilDon's posts and I can tell you he is a football fan and a true Packers fan.

Thank you for your service to our country. Perhaps you can muster just a bit of the respect many Americans have for our military for your fellow human beings/posters here?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some interesting posts here. :rolleyes: Hard to be critical of this performance. We dominated for the most part. Packers showed again why they are the team to beat. Defense played a lot better but I'd still like to see more from the front three. OL had some breakdowns and Cobb cost us a shutout.

I'm going to say the D pitched a shutout last night for all intents and purposes. It won't go down in the books that way, but to me, it was a shutout for the D as they did not allow any points defensively. The 7 points scored by the Vikings came when Cobb fumbled when the ST was on the field. No other points were scored against the Packers, not even so much as a FG. You can say what you will about it not being official, but in terms of our D, that was a shutout for them and a one of the best games I've seen them play since late 2010.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say the D pitched a shutout last night for all intents and purposes. It won't go down in the books that way, but to me, it was a shutout for the D as they did not allow any points defensively. The 7 points scored by the Vikings came when Cobb fumbled when the ST was on the field. No other points were scored against the Packers, not even so much as a FG. You can say what you will about it not being official, but in terms of our D, that was a shutout for them and a one of the best games I've seen them play since late 2010.
Good example of why it feels good to be a Packers fan.
This team never fails to impress.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
:) The "D" played a good game. They were long overdue. LONG overdue. This team needed a game that really amounted to a 'clear cut burn'. They got one.

Texas9erFan ... I object to you changing your signature pic. Wazzupwitdat? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with RS, there's a difference between criticizing aspects of the D - as Woodson did for example - and saying they suck.
- - - -
Texas9erFan in spite of our First Amendment rights, we are all guests here since none of us have the right to post on any particular internet forum. Since this forum is devoted to the Green Bay Packers and you are not a Packers fan - you've spent most of your time talking up the 49ers - you are even more of a guest here, don't you think?
Ahhh.. no. I am a Packer fan. I'm just a bigger Niner fan. And this year, the Pack & Niners are likely to play the NFCCG against each other. So my posts, which may appear very Niner-centric, are really quite appropiate for this forum.

And NO. See the above sentence.

Honestly do you think your posts on this thread appear appropriate for a guest?

What I honestly think is that you're throwing a yellow penalty flag at the guy who retaliated instead of the guy who committed the original foul.
BTW, I've been posting here for less than one year but I've read many of DevilDon's posts and I can tell you he is a football fan and a true Packers fan.
That's fine if you want to think that. I don't share your sentiments. Fortunately, I now longer have to view any of his ignorant, hate fueled posts as he's on my "ignore" list.
Thank you for your service to our country. Perhaps you can muster just a bit of the respect many Americans have for our military for your fellow human beings/posters here?
You're welcome. It was an honor to serve.
I can assure you that I do have great respect for my fellow human beings/posters here. I've always enjoyed the time I've spent with other Packer fans, either in person or on the internet. DD was the first and ONLY exception to this. And quite frankly, if he had taken the time to read my profile before flaming me, he likely wouldn't have been spewing the ignorant, hateful drivel that from my perspective, is all he's capable of.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ I gave you a "like" for your newest sig pic.
Well done and the trophy in the middle is a nice touch.
I like your avatar too.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think everyone is forgetting this was also a divisional game, and that's why I expected it to be a close.

However, I believe our defense did some things, that they did not do in previous weeks when playing in the humpty dumpty dome.

This games shows, the Defense can turn it up a notch. Yeah sure we played a team with two wins, yeah yeah, but you should know, Adrian Peterson has been destroying teams on the ground, and also this game was divisional. 2-7 or 7-2, the Vikings are in the same division with us, meaning they had a stronger chance of beating us than a team outside our little realm called the NFC North, just for the fact they play us twice a year and know us very well.

The biggest impression will be stopping Adrian Peterson. I think we did what no other team has been able to do this year, limiting him to just 51 rushing yards, is huge.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What I honestly think is that you're throwing a yellow penalty flag at the guy who retaliated instead of the guy who committed the original foul.
Y
ou took offense to something not directed at you, told the “innocent” party, “I’ve probably been watching the Packers longer than you have. You obviously know nothing about me. I recommend you shut your pie hole and get to know me before you start to slam me.” So who committed the “original foul”?

Once you learn it wasn’t directed at you, you post “I may have been wrong, but at least I wasn't vulgar about it”. Yes, you were wrong but offered no apology. And you weren’t vulgar, just rude and obnoxious.

I can assure you that I do have great respect for my fellow human beings/posters here. I've always enjoyed the time I've spent with other Packer fans, either in person or on the internet. DD was the first and ONLY exception to this.
You told one fellow poster to shut his pie hole and called another ignorant and posted he isn’t a true Packers fan. That’s two, isn’t it?

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came here to talk football, not get into pissing matches.
If anyone else wants to jump my case, I'm just gonna use that good 'ol "Ignore" button.
If you don't like me, I suggest you click on my profile and do the same thing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone is forgetting this was also a divisional game, and that's why I expected it to be a close.

However, I believe our defense did some things, that they did not do in previous weeks when playing in the humpty dumpty dome.

This games shows, the Defense can turn it up a notch. Yeah sure we played a team with two wins, yeah yeah, but you should know, Adrian Peterson has been destroying teams on the ground, and also this game was divisional. 2-7 or 7-2, the Vikings are in the same division with us, meaning they had a stronger chance of beating us than a team outside our little realm called the NFC North, just for the fact they play us twice a year and know us very well.

The biggest impression will be stopping Adrian Peterson. I think we did what no other team has been able to do this year, limiting him to just 51 rushing yards, is huge.
And let's also not forget that these teams just met a few weeks ago and that game with the same players was even closer.
Pack won by just 6 points.
The same Pack D-Fence did something different this time and let us hope that they keep it up.
I'll expect big numbers from them and a blow out by the offense against Tampa Bay.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came here to talk football, not get into pissing matches.
If anyone else wants to jump my case, I'm just gonna use that good 'ol "Ignore" button.
If you don't like me, I suggest you click on my profile and do the same thing.
Your OK in my book so I'm not putting you on my ignore list, prospector. :tup: Or anyone else, yet.
But I've been close and I am considering putting those on who are writing negative/critical things about the Pack.
That's one thing that would help me tolerate the complaints about the D-Fence around here.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I guess it's the perspective of the individual. I am personally angered when someone interjects they are a veteran in an argument to imply that their position among the masses conversing should raise them above every other single person in the exchange.
I can play the veteran card as well. I was a message courier (you know, the guy with the briefcase and handcuffs and armed guards) and I was on guard to protect a Naval Weapons Facility in Fallbrook California in the Marines. The Marines have a nickname of "Devildogs" bestowed on them by the Germans in WWI that I've taken for my personal twist for a name here but only a Marine would know my name meant anything.
My father fought in WWII in the Marines, my uncle in Korea with the Army, my brother in Vietnam with the Army, my son in law in the Marines in Iraq (2 tours). (My daughter, niece and nephew have also served in the Marines but not in combat, also a brother in the Air Force and another in Coast Guard). I can tell you this. Not one of my fellow veterans have ever asked to be acknowledged.
To imply that your veteran status should allow you to be recognized as a special poster screams of an attention getter and seems an ill fit to the personality of those who serve.
Please DO NOT thank me for my service. I had many reasons to serve but none are deserving of your thanks. I seriously question T9Fs motives.
So NOW I'm going to be called dramatic? lol.

Members online

Latest posts