I admire Greg Jennings

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to throw out a little bright spot in one of our rising star players because I believe it's very admirable. Greg Jennings is capable of scoring and making big plays at any moment, we have all seen this. You know what impresses me more then the score, the huge play, or taking a big blind siding hit? He just simply gets back up gets back to the huddle, but if he scores, he simply goes down on one knee bows his head & goes enjoy the score with his team mates. No BS following a score! I really admire that kind of sportsmanship on the field & I can't stand the ignorant taunts and celebrations. It's just very refreshing for me to see that kind of sportsmanship. Occasionally you see Driver try and copy him, but I admire Jennings for it and I'm more proud to be a Packer fan for it.:happy0005:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to throw out a little bright spot in one of our rising star players because I believe it's very admirable. Greg Jennings is capable of scoring and making big plays at any moment, we have all seen this. You know what impresses me more then the score, the huge play, or taking a big blind siding hit? He just simply gets back up gets back to the huddle, but if he scores, he simply goes down on one knee bows his head & goes enjoy the score with his team mates. No BS following a score! I really admire that kind of sportsmanship on the field & I can't stand the ignorant taunts and celebrations. It's just very refreshing for me to see that kind of sportsmanship. Occasionally you see Driver try and copy him, but I admire Jennings for it and I'm more proud to be a Packer fan for it.:happy0005:
Good post. I agree. Class act.
Jennings doesn't just bow his head on one knee. He prays and thanks God for his health and blessings. Some people are afraid to mention God or religion, but not Jennings. Not Will Blackmon, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Kampman, Donald Driver, or Mike Neal. Vince Lombardi used to love coaching Catholics.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well its good to have a class act but at the same time I love OchoCinco. Hes one of my favorite players of all time in any sport. What he does after the scores to me are funny and exciting.

Just a question. What do you think of A-Rods peoples champ belt or the shake from DD when they make plays? I just think its exciting when the players get into the game. Nothing wrong with it either way in my opinion. But its the celebrations that get your notoriety up. No one knows Marvin Harrison is one of the best receivers of all time unless you look at the stats. Everyone else will tell you Rice or Moss. TO made a living off his crazy celebrations and it also helped fans forget about a ton of dropped passes.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a question. What do you think of A-Rods peoples champ belt or the shake from DD when they make plays? I just think its exciting when the players get into the game. Nothing wrong with it either way in my opinion. But its the celebrations that get your notoriety up.

I am not a huge fan of either, but since they are my team I'm not going to complain when Rodgers scrambles for a score and DD gets a first down shake. I am just more of a fan of, "act like you've been there before." Jennings does that every play he makes, scores, long completions, & taking hits. Jennings notoriety is up in my opinion and he definitely gets into the game. Chad Johnson is a clown by nature and yea he is pretty funny, but my favorite highlight of Chad is when he scored a TD and paid respects for his dead team mate, Chris Henry. That I also admire.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k67Dfk8G23U]YouTube - Greg Jennings Highlights 2009[/ame]

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
People champ belt, huh...Thats what that is?
On the video, those plays at apprx 3:00 and 3:50 are just sick!!!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People champ belt, huh...Thats what that is?
On the video, those plays at apprx 3:00 and 3:50 are just sick!!!!!

Several of the guys are big WWE fans and its a locker room thing between them. He might need to cut it out until the SB though...

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Several of the guys are big WWE fans and its a locker room thing between them. He might need to cut it out until the SB though...
Ahhh...I looked it up and still couldnt find it. Makes a little more sense now. That and when he puts his guns away on either side of his hips...I get a chuckle out of that.
I prefer handing the ball to the ref and jogging off the field but thats just me. I like "the leap" too though...
All the celebration reminds me of the 1st scene in the movie Baseketball when they're all doing a huge Scottish jig like Riverdance, lol

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't the shake a Superman's thing??? I'm pretty sure it is, after an interception...

About religion, I really don't care if the guy's muslim, jew, catholic... As long as he's morally correct (doesn't need to be a saint), and is authentic.

Ochocinco is a clown, but he's authentic.
T.O. isn't. "he's my quarterback" was the saddest attempt of trying to convince one's a good guy.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the whole championship belt thing looks kinda dorky but at the same time its funny, im 50/50 on it. I heard a story when he first did it that it went back to training camp days when Favre was still here and Rodgers was on the scout team. When the scout team would burn the #1's on a play thats what he would do... heard that a while back, not sure if it is 100% true or not..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WWE has a guest host thing going on lately, I think it would be pretty cool if Aaron Rodgers could guest host and do the belt thing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the **** stache on...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Maybe coach Greene could train him, since he would know best
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uxeo7ObZSA]YouTube - WCW Monday Nitro 6-22-98 The Giant vs Kevin Greene[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't understand the appeal...

People find it funny? I don't know...

Really all they are is stage actors who are mostly athletic and wrestle as part of a big show. You have to respect the business as they are one of the highest watched shows in the world and one of the longest running. I think alot of people think of it as trying to be portrayed as real and are put off by that.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Driver's shake is actually a Sharper move. Driver just adds the first down signal.

I love the taunts. I watch the game for entertainment, and when the players get into the game it makes it that more exciting. Maybe your different but if I'm watching the game with a fan of the other team, I taunt them after every positive yard we gain. And they hit me right back.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually really liked Ocho doing the lambeau leap, thought it was hilarious

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is a class act both on and off the field. What stands out to me is that not only does he try to better himself as a person but the entire team as well. Here's a nice article from the JSO about how he rallied up a bunch of Packer teamates to help him out with a charity event. Boy do our players love golf :Heristical:

Greg Jennings sets ambitious charity goal - JSOnline

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is a class act both on and off the field. What stands out to me is that not only does he try to better himself as a person but the entire team as well. Here's a nice article from the JSO about how he rallied up a bunch of Packer teamates to help him out with a charity event. Boy do our players love golf :Heristical:

Greg Jennings sets ambitious charity goal - JSOnline
I love golf too, and would love to play in a 4-some with Rodgers, Jennings, and Matthews, or Crosby, but he's too good.

This might be the same article you posted. Greg Jennings is a great Christian | Packers Insider

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts