I’ll keep saying it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When looking for likely trade candidates, you want to consider age, contract status, and team status. Even rebuilding teams rarely (not never, but rarely) trade young, controllable talent. But guys who are older and/or close to free agency are more likely to be dealt by tanking teams in an effort to get a return before said player walks for nothing.

To me, right now, the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Jaguars, Redskins, and Giants look destined to be sellers at the deadline (if they're anything-- most NFL teams stand pat at the trade deadline).

The Dolphins have Albert Wilson (27) and DeVante Parker (26), who are both UFA's after 2020. Wilson, if healthy, is the guy to go get out of that duo.

The Bengals have A.J. Green (31) who is currently injured and in a contract year. The injury, age, contract price, and contract year all help depress his value, which is interesting because, when healthy, he's far and away the best player of all the potential candidates.

The Broncos have Emmanuel Sanders (32) who is also currently in a contract year. He is still playing at a high level, and would be a quality rental.

The Jaguars have Dede Westbrook (25), who is a young, capable player in the slot. He is a UFA after 2020, though it wouldn't be surprising if they plan to resign him.

The Redskins have Paul Richardson (27) who is signed through 2022. I'm not sold that he's good enough to warrant the acquisition.

The Giants don't really have anyone who profiles as a trade candidate.

For myself, I think Emmanuel Sanders is the most intriguing option. He's still playing quite well, the Broncos suck, his contract status and age should depress his price tag, and his style of play would make him a nice compliment to Adams. He's who I am going to keep my eye on.

I'm gonna keep my eyes on you.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should at LEAST entertain bringing in Dez for a visit. But this is what I feared in us releasing Cobb. No one is filling the gap.
I really thought Cobb was going to be one of those Packers for life guys. Didn't end up that way though.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really thought Cobb was going to be one of those Packers for life guys. Didn't end up that way though.
Dude I know! I was devastated when he left and I found out he was a Cowboy.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude I know! I was devastated when he left and I found out he was a Cowboy.
It stunk that he went to the Cowboys.

But as a player I had expected him to be a bit more than he turned out to be. That was probably unfair, because those expectations were maybe a little unrealistic after he made his first play, which was a kickoff return for a touchdown. We were Super Bowl champs at the time, and the guys on the local radio (in Indiana) were bemoaning the fact that we had picked up another great player, and compared him to Red Grange. So my head was in the clouds, and I had unrealistic expectations of him.

That 2011-2012 season was a blast though, at least until we lost in the playoffs. I think I had more fun watching the Packers that year than any other. For one thing, we were defending champs, and I was determined to enjoy every minute. Plus that offense was incredible.

I have some mixed feelings. I don't want him to continue to be injured, but I don't want him to help the Cowboys too much either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
PI on Graham
This is indirect. But did you notice that Graham’s “push off”was eerily similar to theCoaches challenge against the Bears? Yet it wasn’t a call there, but it’s a suddenly a call on Graham. This isn’t something that makes the game safer but rather it’s a physical aspect they could leave alone considering on how they micro manage every aspect and every play now.

Unless it’s a scoring play or egregious in nature this is a no call IMO. They had it right the first time at Soldier.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is indirect. But did you notice that Graham’s “push off”was eerily similar to theCoaches challenge against the Bears? Yet it wasn’t a call there, but it’s a suddenly a call on Graham. This isn’t something that makes the game safer but rather it’s a physical aspect they could leave alone considering on how they micro manage every aspect and every play now.

Unless it’s a scoring play or egregious in nature this is a no call IMO. They had it right the first time at Soldier.
I don't think they ever showed a replay at the stadium that i remember.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It stunk that he went to the Cowboys.

But as a player I had expected him to be a bit more than he turned out to be. That was probably unfair, because those expectations were maybe a little unrealistic after he made his first play, which was a kickoff return for a touchdown. We were Super Bowl champs at the time, and the guys on the local radio (in Indiana) were bemoaning the fact that we had picked up another great player, and compared him to Red Grange. So my head was in the clouds, and I had unrealistic expectations of him.

That 2011-2012 season was a blast though, at least until we lost in the playoffs. I think I had more fun watching the Packers that year than any other. For one thing, we were defending champs, and I was determined to enjoy every minute. Plus that offense was incredible.

I have some mixed feelings. I don't want him to continue to be injured, but I don't want him to help the Cowboys too much either.
I wanted Cobb to win a SB with the Packers in the worst way. He was a dynamic player, and, sadly, I believe his time just ran out. Became too expensive for the return on investment.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that outside help is needed. We have retained guys on the team for a reason who may be entitled to more opportunity given the struggles (which we probably all saw coming given the lack of quality snaps in the preseason). Kumerow needs more slot work and work in general. Shepherd and Lazard are people who have shown some signs of life, hell even Tonyan probably looks better than Jimmy G at this point. I think MLF has gone to a short bench given our division matchups. But before we look externally and use our draft capital on rentals I think we should see what our bench can do to make up for the deficiencies we're seeing.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bengals have A.J. Green (31) who is currently injured and in a contract year. The injury, age, contract price, and contract year all help depress his value, which is interesting because, when healthy, he's far and away the best player of all the potential candidates.

With the emergence of Tyler Boyd and John Ross III, Green might be tempted to leave. Green has shown he can be an elite WR (even without an elite QB).

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The next step is too make the OPI rule retroactive. Can you imagine!! Michael Irvin will have 98% of his receptions retracted!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With the emergence of Tyler Boyd and John Ross III, Green might be tempted to leave. Green has shown he can be an elite WR (even without an elite QB).

Yes, he would be a tantalizing addition.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When looking for likely trade candidates, you want to consider age, contract status, and team status. Even rebuilding teams rarely (not never, but rarely) trade young, controllable talent. But guys who are older and/or close to free agency are more likely to be dealt by tanking teams in an effort to get a return before said player walks for nothing.

To me, right now, the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Jaguars, Redskins, and Giants look destined to be sellers at the deadline (if they're anything-- most NFL teams stand pat at the trade deadline).

The Dolphins have Albert Wilson (27) and DeVante Parker (26), who are both UFA's after 2020. Wilson, if healthy, is the guy to go get out of that duo.

The Broncos have Emmanuel Sanders (32) who is also currently in a contract year. He is still playing at a high level, and would be a quality rental.

The Jaguars have Dede Westbrook (25), who is a young, capable player in the slot. He is a UFA after 2020, though it wouldn't be surprising if they plan to resign him.

The Redskins have Paul Richardson (27) who is signed through 2022. I'm not sold that he's good enough to warrant the acquisition.

The Giants don't really have anyone who profiles as a trade candidate.

For myself, I think Emmanuel Sanders is the most intriguing option. He's still playing quite well, the Broncos suck, his contract status and age should depress his price tag, and his style of play would make him a nice compliment to Adams. He's who I am going to keep my eye on.

Considering AJ Brown just leapfrogged Corey Davis on the Titans depth chart, he would be a guy I'd send a 4th rounder for. Knows Lafleur, was (I think) the top WR drafted in his class and may benefit from a BIG upgrade in QB play.

That said, I'm more a fan of using the guys we have as I've stated. But if we're speaking in hypotheticals, of the options provided if Davis was on the block I'd prefer to take a flyer on him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Considering AJ Brown just leapfrogged Corey Davis on the Titans depth chart, he would be a guy I'd send a 4th rounder for. Knows Lafleur, was (I think) the top WR drafted in his class and may benefit from a BIG upgrade in QB play.

That said, I'm more a fan of using the guys we have as I've stated. But if we're speaking in hypotheticals, of the options provided if Davis was on the block I'd prefer to take a flyer on him.

Yeah... I mean there are a lot of reasons to think that would work. But I'm not convinced that he would really upgrade on a guy like Allison.

Reaction score
I’m curious why they’ve backed off with T. Davis playing more snaps at WR. He seemed to be making a stride there in preseason and going into the regular season.
I thought he’d finally get a chance to prove himself. I’m assuming it’s because we are trying to get Geronimo back involved, but having Davante, MVS and Davis out there provides some deep threat potential also.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with a mid-season acquisition, but we aren't going to win without a stout defense. I think that we have the pieces, so this season or likely the next they can focus on offense again.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the plan all along has been to address WR next year. It would have been preferable to do it this offseason, but with all the limitations there are only so many things you can do at one time.
And with the D hopefully settled, Gluten can focus on finding an impact offensive player next year. Maybe MVS emerges this year as the #2 to Adams. I hope so.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Plus the state of the Bengals (dumpster fire)

It has to be tiring being on the wrong end of prime time games over and over, through the entirety of a career. He is the least diva WR for as good as he is, I can see him staying and being proud of that he never changes teams. But he also owes it to himself to at least test the market and pick a winning team, even if it isn't the highest contract in WR history. Time to be captain obvious, I'd be all for bringing him in.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The former 28th Overall from 2017 just didn't catch on and Dallas failed to find a trade partner. Now that he's a FA, I'd be curious if we could jettison Fadol Brown for him. I think he could play a similar position where he could flex inside and outside. "You can never have too many pass rushers...." Granted this was Ted Thompson's last Draft, but Taco possesses the athleticism that he desires in a prospect. He's very similar to Gary but he had more production at Michigan. I think Pettine would love to take a spin at him.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cowboys gave up on him pretty quickly...considering they thought enough of him to blow a 1st round pick.

I'd bet the Cowboys kept lower picks while jettisoning this guy. To me, a guy that under-performing is lazy, stupid, or, some combination of the two.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You could at least justify your reasons why.

Maybe tacos raise hell with his gastrointestinal tract. It's as good a reason as any I suppose.

As I said, a floppy 1st round pick like that...there is more to his being cut than "he hasn't performed at a 1st rounder level."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts