I’ll keep saying it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go get Adams some damn help! Give Miami whatever they want for Devante Parker! They are a complete mess and clearly are tanking. Nobody can be that bad on purpose. They should flirt with bringing on Dez Bryant as well.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the plan all along has been to address WR next year. It would have been preferable to do it this offseason, but with all the limitations there are only so many things you can do at one time.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go get Adams some damn help! Give Miami whatever they want for Devante Parker! They are a complete mess and clearly are tanking. Nobody can be that bad on purpose. They should flirt with bringing on Dez Bryant as well.
OLINE look so weak it’s sad.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the plan all along has been to address WR next year. It would have been preferable to do it this offseason, but with all the limitations there are only so many things you can do at one time.

Don't want to sound mean but Rodgers is not a rookie. Everything in GB needs to be about now. To clarify its like not going after beast mode because those 3rd round draft picks are the mystery box full of potentials. I'll rather give up a 3rd, 2nd for a quality receiver now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you want a good weapon from Miami, target Albert Wilson.

Reaction score
I also like the idea of shopping around. But I’d give it another 2-3 weeks in this system and see if we continue to grow first. Some of rust is coming off and we’re making progress.
Where is Kumerow at anyways?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Does it really matter who is out there if AR igmores them when they are open or makes a bad throw?

I think this is another way of saying what I've been saying-- it's hard to know if the Packers need to acquire talent until the offense gets in sync and Rodgers gets comfortable. That clearly hasn't happened yet.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes a real #2 would be nice (but dez ain't it). the o-line wasn't bad today either. rodgers had plenty of time. first quarter they looked great. after that it was same-old same-old. they only managed 6 first downs the whole 2nd half. after the early 2nd qtr td they had 11 straight possessions ending with a punt, a turnover, or a loss of downs. only 105 net yards in the 2nd half with 40 of that through the air.
the first game they had one good drive, today they had one good quarter. maybe next week they can manage one good half.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Billy Boy Schroeder still alive? Hey he was good enough to waste a few of Favre’s years so he could prolly still fill that role with Rodgers. Cheap too I imagine and a “fan favorite”

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When exactly did Devente Parker become a good receiver?

OLINE look so weak it’s sad.

In fairness it's really just the Guards and these first two weeks (about to be 3 weeks after Denver) are going to be horrible matchups for 90% of the offensive lines in the league

Billy Turner has been bad but if/when Jenkins gets his shot over Taylor I'd argue the protection should be more then good enough at the other spots to be able to slide help to his man

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the line was all that bad yesterday compared to week 1. The offense clearly has things they need to work on, and it's not really unexpected. They had some drive killers, a PI on Graham, some penalties etc. If MVS wants to be a legit receiver, he has to find a way to come down with those catches. That would have been huge. I big pass, 1st down, out near the 40's I think? Thielen comes down with that 9x's out of 10. At some point potential is going to have mean production, and that should be sooner than later now.

But, the offense showed growth, they showed improvement and we were able to let them take their lumps and still find a way to win against a good team and division rival.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dez Bryant? Seriously?? :laugh:

There were a couple of contested catches and if Geronimo doesn't fumble we might end up going up 28-7. Once this offense starts to click this is gonna be fun.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't want to sound mean but Rodgers is not a rookie. Everything in GB needs to be about now. To clarify its like not going after beast mode because those 3rd round draft picks are the mystery box full of potentials. I'll rather give up a 3rd, 2nd for a quality receiver now.
You're preaching to the choir here. Unfortunately, we're still suffering from the end of the Ted Thompson era and his failed drafts. There were so many holes to fill you just can't fill them all at once.

As for giving up a 2nd or 3rd draft pick for a quality receiver, I'd like to think that Gute would do this for the right guy. Got to be the right guy though.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should at LEAST entertain bringing in Dez for a visit. But this is what I feared in us releasing Cobb. No one is filling the gap.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree we should at LEAST entertain bringing in Dez for a visit. But this is what I feared in us releasing Cobb. No one is filling the gap.

The Packers didn't release Cobb.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Letting Cobb go, I mean.

The reason that I point out the difference is just that keeping Cobb would have required committing cap space into the future for an older player who has been constantly injured.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it really matter who is out there if AR igmores them when they are open or makes a bad throw?
Gotta chime in on this one. I agree AmishMafia.

Sometimes, Aaron Rodgers needs to give his receivers an opportunity to make a play against their defender. Show more trust in their abilities. He's sometimes overly cautious and he won't throw it, which adds to the extended plays and a lot of sacks/hits. That also does wear on your OL who are forced to pass block for longer durations of time on any of those given plays.

I'd like to see Rodgers give our WRs more opportunities earlier in the play to win possession of the ball, even if they look "covered." Maybe that's just me, but I've been thinking this for 3 years or more now. I'm not saying, just throw it away for an INT, but, give your guy a chance to make the play. I'm certain he's thinking "there is a better option.... scanning, .... running ...." And, I do appreciate how careful he is with the ball, but maybe he's being too careful...

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to give MVS more time to develop, and I agree that Rodgers needs to give these guys more of a chance to make plays. This is also a new offense and it's going to take a while before it really gets clicking. We saw a taste of what this offense might be able to do week to week. Let's see what happens with Denver this Sunday and if they can keep improving.

Also, can we give a little credit to Mike Zimmer as well? I mean he is a good defensive coach, maybe he just made some really good halftime adjustments.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When looking for likely trade candidates, you want to consider age, contract status, and team status. Even rebuilding teams rarely (not never, but rarely) trade young, controllable talent. But guys who are older and/or close to free agency are more likely to be dealt by tanking teams in an effort to get a return before said player walks for nothing.

To me, right now, the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Jaguars, Redskins, and Giants look destined to be sellers at the deadline (if they're anything-- most NFL teams stand pat at the trade deadline).

The Dolphins have Albert Wilson (27) and DeVante Parker (26), who are both UFA's after 2020. Wilson, if healthy, is the guy to go get out of that duo.

The Bengals have A.J. Green (31) who is currently injured and in a contract year. The injury, age, contract price, and contract year all help depress his value, which is interesting because, when healthy, he's far and away the best player of all the potential candidates.

The Broncos have Emmanuel Sanders (32) who is also currently in a contract year. He is still playing at a high level, and would be a quality rental.

The Jaguars have Dede Westbrook (25), who is a young, capable player in the slot. He is a UFA after 2020, though it wouldn't be surprising if they plan to resign him.

The Redskins have Paul Richardson (27) who is signed through 2022. I'm not sold that he's good enough to warrant the acquisition.

The Giants don't really have anyone who profiles as a trade candidate.

For myself, I think Emmanuel Sanders is the most intriguing option. He's still playing quite well, the Broncos suck, his contract status and age should depress his price tag, and his style of play would make him a nice compliment to Adams. He's who I am going to keep my eye on.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts