Hypothetical: What would you give the Vikings for Adrian Peterson?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson seems to really like being a Viking. Strange. He'll be starting his 5th season, the time when a lot of running backs start their decline. I'd love to have him in Green Bay, but wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adrian who? James Starks, *****. James Starks.

No, seriously now, the highest I'd give for Peterson is a 3rd round pick. Now, don't get me wrong, he's the best back in football. But there are some things that prevent me from spending too much.

1) We don't need him. We just won a SB without much of a running game, and found one later on. We get our #1 RB back.
2) James Starks. The kid might prove to be something good.
3) Duracy of RBs. They don't last long. Though he's only 26, he has already taken a beating. He has 5 more productive years out of him, if that much.
4) The way we run our O. If he was Marshal Faulk, it would be a different thing. I'd give a 1st rounder, with this team, for a 26 year old Marshal Faulk. Not only was he a great back, he was great at catching the ball and blocking. Those are not particularly strong traits with Peterson.

So, because of all that, a 3rd is the most I'd give for him...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adrian who? James Starks, *****. James Starks.

No, seriously now, the highest I'd give for Peterson is a 3rd round pick. Now, don't get me wrong, he's the best back in football. But there are some things that prevent me from spending too much.

1) We don't need him. We just won a SB without much of a running game, and found one later on. We get our #1 RB back.
2) James Starks. The kid might prove to be something good.
3) Duracy of RBs. They don't last long. Though he's only 26, he has already taken a beating. He has 5 more productive years out of him, if that much.
4) The way we run our O. If he was Marshal Faulk, it would be a different thing. I'd give a 1st rounder, with this team, for a 26 year old Marshal Faulk. Not only was he a great back, he was great at catching the ball and blocking. Those are not particularly strong traits with Peterson.

So, because of all that, a 3rd is the most I'd give for him...

Marshall Faulk? wow this offense would be on another planet. Maybe better than the 07 pats even. Dont tell snowplow I said that though.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marshall Faulk? wow this offense would be on another planet. Maybe better than the 07 pats even. Dont tell snowplow I said that though.

Maybe better than the 07 Pats????? WTF This would be the greatest team EVER! NOT PACKERS TEAM - BEST EVER TEAM. He would have 2000 yards in season one.(after A-Rod lights up the oppposing offense's defense through the air)

I would give a first rounder, third rounder and Barnett. One draft would be pretty shot, but with that team it would be unbelievable.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Peterson seems to really like being a Viking. Strange. He'll be starting his 5th season, the time when a lot of running backs start their decline. I'd love to have him in Green Bay, but wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him.

Come on guys. I'm still trying to recover from all of Ahman Green's fumbles.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy to put up with an occasional fumble for the chance to see him break one for 80 yards and a TD. BTW, he fumbled a grand total of 1 time this past season, I believe.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good god, people are willing to give up A LOT for Gaydrian Peterskin. I hate that guy I can't see him in a Packers uniform. No way we should help the Vikings rebuild. Lets let them run Peterson into the ground as they never get past 9-7 for the rest of his career. Dude can't carry a team at all. Whens the last time he's put the team on his back when they needed him? against us in 2008? He hasn't had a 200 yard game since his rookie year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand talk of getting other players if the Pack didn't even make it to the SB.
But since they brought the Lombardi home, I don't understand talk of getting other players at all.
Are we really that bad?
Do we really need to even THINK of fixing something?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade for him. I'd try to keep what the Pack has now. Crazy you say? The past couple of seasons Peterson averaged about 86 yards a game. This past season, the Packers "running back by committee" averaged about 100 yards per game. They don't have the moments of flash that Peterson has, but they get the job done more efficiently. Let him stay with the Vikes.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good god, people are willing to give up A LOT for Gaydrian Peterskin. I hate that guy I can't see him in a Packers uniform. No way we should help the Vikings rebuild. Lets let them run Peterson into the ground as they never get past 9-7 for the rest of his career. Dude can't carry a team at all. Whens the last time he's put the team on his back when they needed him? against us in 2008? He hasn't had a 200 yard game since his rookie year.

When was we saw a RB carry a team? I honestly cant remember.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather draft a mauler at LG to open running gaps for less money as well than trade for Adrian Peterson. Seeing it as hypothetical I'd say production wise he's WORTH 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. Unless a team is painstakingly stupid or very very very desperate at RB no one will give up first, second and third for any player. What good is a RB when he has no supporting cast while demanding money in $10 mil range?

Pigpenster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note the Redskins just released Clinton Portis...Being a transplant from WI to VA I've seen him play a number of times and hes probably one of the better backs in the league (even with Washingtons crappy O-Line). I wonder how he would fit into a Packers offense?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next season, we sign Brett Favre as Rodgers back up. We then trade Ryan Grant, a 1, and a 2 for AD. Then... same season, we trade them Brett Favre for two 1st round picks.

2411t for Green Bay Packers GM, 2016!!!!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well why not look at Bush then saints may not take him back,I would give vikes a dummy doll that looks like A-Rod even the dummy would play better than the q.bs they have.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think I'd offer them a can of Stickum spray....oh, wait a minute, if WE got Peterson, we'd need all the Stickum we could get.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading previous posts, ppl need to stop letting emotions cloud their judgement. AD is a beast. He is a straight BEAST! He is arguably the best RB in the NFL today.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading previous posts, ppl need to stop letting emotions cloud their judgement. AD is a beast. He is a straight BEAST! He is arguably the best RB in the NFL today.
I'm late to this party in this thread, but I have to agree with this post: I think Adrian is the best runner in football.

The problem is he's taken 4 years of pounding, and I think his best is behind him. However, I think he still has 3-5 great years left, and if he was on our offense, holy s************ would defenses have nightmares the night before playing us.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I'll just point back to what I posted earlier. What we have now averaged more yards per game in 2010 than Peterson. (Yet Peterson gets all the press, and our running back by committee is under-rated.)

It wouldn't make sense to take a step back.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm late to this party in this thread, but I have to agree with this post: I think Adrian is the best runner in football.

The problem is he's taken 4 years of pounding, and I think his best is behind him. However, I think he still has 3-5 great years left, and if he was on our offense, holy s************ would defenses have nightmares the night before playing us.

I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the knee-to-knee in slow mo' with Tjack. Eeeew

Members online

Latest posts