Hunt for OC begins

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay - There's a good chance that new Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy will try to bring back one of his colleagues from the 1999 Packers coaching staff to be his offensive coordinator.

According to an NFL source, Atlanta offensive line coach Jeff Jagodzinski, a West Allis native and Packers assistant from 1999-2003, appears to be the leading candidate to run McCarthy's offense. McCarthy indicated that he would probably call plays next year, but in Jagodzinski the new Packers coach would have someone capable of designing the running game and integrating the tight ends into the offense.

Jagodzinski was fired from Mike Sherman's staff after the 2003 season allegedly because of a personality conflict with the head coach. Team sources have said Jagodzinski, the tight ends coach, often challenged Sherman and offensive coordinator Tom Rossley on their game-planning and became a nuisance to the head coach.

It wasn't long after getting fired that Jagodzinski landed in Atlanta, where he became new coach Jim Mora's offensive line coach.

Jagodzinski would have to be offered the offensive coordinator's position to have a shot at coming to the Packers because it would be considered a promotion.

That part I bolded is all I need to hear. Bring him on!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, LL...I read that and a smile formed. Call me crazy, but I appreciate people with a spine...especially those who lead others!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jagodzinski was one of the fired coaches who bad-mouthed Sherman a little after he left. The other was Johnny Roland, the running backs coach. I think Roland was more blatant about it, but Jagodzinski hinted at it as well, suggesting that Sherman did not tolerate criticism from assistant coaches. I thought it was unprofessional of those guys to say that, but on the other hand, it made me doubt Sherman to hear it coming from two different guys. That was also right after Sherman had fired Donatell and hired Slowik, which was a highly questionable move even at the time.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
What is a West Allis native? I assume he is somewhat local?

west allis is a suburb of milwaukee. do you know of allis chalmers tractors and heavy equipment.

it was once a large thriving manufactoring plant in west allis

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this Jagodzinski already, bring him aboard!! Sherman canned him for challanging his and Rosley's game plans. Sounds like SherRosley wanted a dictatorship, ship out anyone who offers a different view. I guess that's why he fired Donatell also, he wanted to pressure the QB on 4th and 26, Sherman said he was involved in the call and believes in playing coverage.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
I like this Jagodzinski already, bring him aboard!! Sherman canned him for challanging his and Rosley's game plans. Sounds like SherRosley wanted a dictatorship, ship out anyone who offers a different view. I guess that's why he fired Donatell also, he wanted to pressure the QB on 4th and 26, Sherman said he was involved in the call and believes in playing coverage.

Yea lets hash that one out again. I don't think that play has ever been discussed here yet.

Hey....has anyone ever heard of the "Ice Bowl"...

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey yes, speaking of the "Ice Bowl", just imagine how different Packer history would've been if Sherman and Rosley were calling the plays, they probably would have called a reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
PACKATTACK4 said:

Yea lets hash that one out again. I don't think that play has ever been discussed here yet.

C'mon now, DePack - I think we did spend some time discussin' this topic.
But, I'd be more than happy to jump back on it again - although, it's sorta moot, since the perpetrator(s) are now gone (finally)...

** Changes subject **

Right now, I'm listening to the McCarthy Interview from the OnWisconsin link - this way, you can actually hear the questions being asked....

The 'new' Mike - certainly doesn't mince words.. I'll give him that!
One thing I've always hated, is how some people can't wait to involve political correctness in how they discuss a topic - like they're afraid someone'll find 'em out. I like how McCarthy understands the need to know where you stand with people and that's how he was brought up in Pittsburgh. I'll be watching NFL-on-FOX, this weekend, to see what ol' Bradshaw has to say.... that's fer sure!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Right now, I'm listening to the McCarthy Interview from the OnWisconsin link - this way, you can actually hear the questions being asked....

Would you have a link for the Press Conference by chance?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Yeah - hold on -- here....

My mistake - it's on JSonline --

McCarthy Interview

Just click the video link below the story line..... it's all good!

Awesomeness. I wanted to watch/listen to the whole thing since it happened.

Stupid jerks at work! Ya think working at DISH Network we'd have a freakin tv in our office!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:

McCarthy Interview

Stupid jerks at work! Ya think working at DISH Network we'd have a freakin tv in our office!!

do you guys both have Packer Insider? cuz i'm having a helluva time finding this.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:

McCarthy Interview

do you guys both have Packer Insider? cuz i'm having a helluva time finding this.

I didn't have much luck either. I gave up and started playing Madden.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:

McCarthy Interview

I didn't have much luck either. I gave up and started playing Madden.

ok cool...misery loves company.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Okay guys - they moved everything all around on their web site -----

Here......

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jan06/384583.asp

Then, go down the right side for the video link...

titled - Video: News conference introducing McCarthy as coach
(you need RealPlayer to watch)

Thanks for the effort but apparently I'm too much an idiot to get it working.

Got Real player and nothing happens when I click that link cept it puts me to this page where it just sits there doing nodda.
http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/mult ... p?id=11013

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually - I had just rebuilt my PC - so I didn't even have Realplayer -- so, on my internal network, I have a copy of RealPlayerGoldbb, which I can try and upload to RYAN's PF site, not sure how well it'll handle that.-- You can always try installing that... it worked here.....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Actually - I had just rebuilt my PC - so I didn't even have Realplayer -- so, on my internal network, I have a copy of RealPlayerGoldbb, which I can try and upload to RYAN's PF site, not sure how well it'll handle that.-- You can always try installing that... it worked here.....

Rebuilding PC is always great fun.

Members online

Latest posts