Hundley vs Eagles

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I apologize. My internet went down. LOL It cut out what you wrote "3 out of 17 aint bad" :p

Anything that includes the words "Jay Cutler" makes me laugh!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley will eventually be traded away. Now rather it's for a 2 or 3 rd rounder is the question. Might get lucky and have someone desperate enough to give up a 1st. But I'm positive he won't be staying in GB much longer.

Reaction score
Hundley will eventually be traded away. Now rather it's for a 2 or 3 rd rounder is the question. Might get lucky and have someone desperate enough to give up a 1st. But I'm positive he won't be staying in GB much longer.
These games will dictate whether or not we get any trades for him. If he plays so well and all other potential guys play poorly enough that another team fears losing him to a competitor to such an extent, and the dropoff between him and whosever the next guy is, that they are willing to lose a draft pick (which they could themselves use on a QB if they so choosed, and that draft pick would be seen to yield a less promising guy), then and only then will we get any trade offers for him. So, a whole lot goes into whether or not we will get any trade value out of him, let alone what that value will be.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say he is worth more than a 3rd round pick to us. Or a low 2nd.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The first part of the conversation about trading Hundley has to start with the question "Who takes his place on the roster?". If Callahan or Hill don't show that they are ready to be the #2, then Hundley will not be traded this year or maybe even next year. So until the Packers have that next capable guy to back up #12, Hundley's trade value really is kind of a moot point IMO.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would be renting him and I am good with that. People are so very sure that he can't lead us to the promised land but a player can get hot. We need someone with potential to keep us moving. Whether that is him or not, no one really knows. But it is prudent to be prepared. Nothing less than a probable high 2nd. Imho

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Catch-22 with Hundley. If his trade value is relatively high, that must mean something, he is a decent QB right? So what does it take to trade a guy away (with 2 years on his contract) that might be the difference in carrying your team if #12 goes down? Even a 1st round pick for Hundley, does nothing for the Packers in 2017.

So big risk trading away your insurance policy, if you don't have another QB to cover it.

I know there was talk that the Packers were attempting to trade Hundley on the second day of the draft, which kind of indicates to me that either they must really like Callahan or they had another #2 QB in mind. Hard for me to get too excited about Callahan, given that he logged so many frequent flyer miles last year going from GB to New Orleans to Cleveland and back to Green Bay.

When Cleveland cuts a QB, it gives me pause. :coffee:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, if he really is good, he's worth keeping this year. the other guys are intriguing, but besides a game or so with some luck. I don't see either sustaining this team for a stretch. Hundley, i think the potential is there for him to be that for us. and if someone else thinks he's that good this year and we pass. Someone will need a QB next year too. There is always someone that needs a QB. IF, and I say it again, IF Hundley is the real deal, he'll have as much trade value next year to all those teams as he does this year.

I know there are some situational things that can happen that might sway things some, but teams always need quarterbacks and if you have one available that is the real deal, there will always be someone looking to trade for him. I still think right now his value is higher to us than what a future draft pick would be, because those future draft picks are still on the table.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still think right now his value is higher to us than what a future draft pick would be, because those future draft picks are still on the table.

That is the key point.

I still find it odd, if the rumors were true, that the Packers were trying to trade him during the draft. As I mentioned in my last post, I can't imagine they are 100 % confident in Callahan, if they were, they would not have exposed him on the PS. Unless, that was a calculated gamble by TT that initially backfired. However, seeing Callahan get cut by 2 other teams strengthens the feelings I have that he can't be all that good, or at least not #2 material (yet).

So why were the Packers trying to trade Hundley during the draft? Maybe they have questions on Hundley being all that good and wanted to get something while they still could?

I guess we will find out more in the coming month.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the reports were true, they probably had some contingency plans and it would have made more sense to do it pre-draft than now. all decisions are a roll of dice to some degree and they could have used those picks to move up and select higher rated players, or more players or whatever plan they had.

Not to say I couldn't dream up some scenario where Hundley is traded for a healthy JJ Watt and all is right with the world, but in reality, if Hundley were traded now, it only takes away from our team for this year and we can not add to it till next offseason. Pre draft trade and we could have used that to help us this year, at least more so. and if He's really good, his trade value isn't going down waiting till next year pre draft either.

But they could have questions on Hundley too. Or maybe they never planned on shopping him but someone came asking, so they entertained offers. who knows? but for now, my bet is on us hanging on to him until next year at least depending on his play this year. So much can happen. If things continue at that position like they have, I think he'll be here for 2 more years and leave as a FA

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed. My money is on keeping the guy as insurance under his cheap rookie contract for 2 more years, trade him if you can at the end of 2018. Otherwise, let him shop the FA market and if he finds another team that is willing to pay more than the Packers (if they are in the conversation) and a shot at the #1 job, the Packers still end up with the compensatory pick, if they are on the plus side of that formula.

All that goes out the window if Callahan, Hill or any other guy totally out performs Hundley between now and the time "the decision" is made.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB managed a 2nd round pick for Hundley, during the draft. We may have drafted a qb.
Some good qbs went in the 2nd rd.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch-22 with Hundley. If his trade value is relatively high, that must mean something, he is a decent QB right? So what does it take to trade a guy away (with 2 years on his contract) that might be the difference in carrying your team if #12 goes down? Even a 1st round pick for Hundley, does nothing for the Packers in 2017.

So big risk trading away your insurance policy, if you don't have another QB to cover it.

I know there was talk that the Packers were attempting to trade Hundley on the second day of the draft, which kind of indicates to me that either they must really like Callahan or they had another #2 QB in mind. Hard for me to get too excited about Callahan, given that he logged so many frequent flyer miles last year going from GB to New Orleans to Cleveland and back to Green Bay.

When Cleveland cuts a QB, it gives me pause. :coffee:

If Cleveland made good personnel decisions they wouldn't be Cleveland.

MM has his warts but the man knows how to coach up and groom quarterbacks, that a kid might fail somewhere doesn't mean he wouldn't be a success here. If MM decides that Callahan can be a qb for this team if needed then I'm inclined to go with MMs judgement.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If GB managed a 2nd round pick for Hundley, during the draft. We may have drafted a qb.
Some good qbs went in the 2nd rd.

I doubt they had much more than a 5th round offer for Hundley back in April. Even if the Packers had traded Hundley away, I wouldn't have been in favor of using a high pick on a replacement. Even the high draft pick QB's seem to struggle year 1. So drafting one in the 2nd round or later wouldn't have filled the immediate need for a #2. As well as takes away from filling other needs. As long as you have AR, I say carry a capable #2, a guy with some experience preferred. But no reason spend a high pick just to "develop" another Hundley at this point in Rodgers career.

If Cleveland made good personnel decisions they wouldn't be Cleveland.

MM has his warts but the man knows how to coach up and groom quarterbacks, that a kid might fail somewhere doesn't mean he wouldn't be a success here. If MM decides that Callahan can be a qb for this team if needed then I'm inclined to go with MMs judgement.

Oh I agree and I was happy to see Callahan resigned for that reason. But you still have to wonder what the Saints and the Browns didn't see in him that MM does. He looked pretty decent last night, even better than Hundley at times IMO. Callahan appears to be looking for more than the primary receiver, whereas Hundley still seems to panic a bit when things break down. Sometimes I think Hundley fears getting hit, which I don't blame him, but part of being a QB.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither Hundley or Calahan showed me much on Thursday.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt they had much more than a 5th round offer for Hundley back in April. Even if the Packers had traded Hundley away, I wouldn't have been in favor of using a high pick on a replacement. Even the high draft pick QB's seem to struggle year 1. So drafting one in the 2nd round or later wouldn't have filled the immediate need for a #2. As well as takes away from filling other needs. As long as you have AR, I say carry a capable #2, a guy with some experience preferred. But no reason spend a high pick just to "develop" another Hundley at this point in Rodgers career.

Oh I agree and I was happy to see Callahan resigned for that reason. But you still have to wonder what the Saints and the Browns didn't see in him that MM does. He looked pretty decent last night, even better than Hundley at times IMO. Callahan appears to be looking for more than the primary receiver, whereas Hundley still seems to panic a bit when things break down. Sometimes I think Hundley fears getting hit, which I don't blame him, but part of being a QB.
Personally, while I have no problem with Hundley... I haven't seen much that gets me excited either. Callahan is fun to watch... he may end up being too small for the NFL ... but I would love to see him get a chance.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Callahan may be too small for the NFL,but in MM's system I think he looked pretty damn good last preseason and in the game against Philly. I actually think he has better pocket awareness than Hundley.

Members online

Latest posts