1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Huizenga will not accept rookie holdouts

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by longtimefan, Feb 4, 2007.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Dolphins | Owner will not accept rookie holdouts
    Sun, 4 Feb 2007 08:47:16 -0800

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga says any 2007 rookie who holds out during training camp should be prepared to sit out the entire season. ''I'm telling you - mark my words - if that guy is not in camp on the first day, he will sit out for the year,'' Huizenga said. "The Dolphins are going to take a stand. We are not going to pay some guy a whole bunch of money and he comes in five weeks late...That is not going to happen. We went through a couple of times where the guys are not in camp and not as productive as they should be the first three, four, five games. I am not going to go through that again...I'm not taking a shot at any player or agent.''

2. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ya! Good Luck with that Wayne!

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Huizenga talks a good game, I'll give him that. But after Nick Saban walked all over him, he doesn't have a lot of credibility as a tough guy right now.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Huh?

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was referring to how Saban ditched the Dolphins after two bad seasons, without completing his contract. As far as I know, Huizenga never said a bad word about Saban through all this. It seemed to me like he should've at least expressed disappointment with Saban. He ended up looking like a doormat.

6. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is always some one who does not get the message.

Maybe it works this year. But not every year. He obviously is including agent assessment as part of scouting.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Did you even pay attention to it at all?

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was just my general impression. Let me know if I missed something.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I guess I simply got a different general impression. Huizenga basically seemed like a guy who did what he could an it wasn't enough because the man wanted to go elsewhere. Didn't see anything to make him look like a doormat. Heck, Saban went from College to the NFL back to College. Doormat to go back to College?