Huizenga will not accept rookie holdouts

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dolphins | Owner will not accept rookie holdouts
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 08:47:16 -0800

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga says any 2007 rookie who holds out during training camp should be prepared to sit out the entire season. ''I'm telling you - mark my words - if that guy is not in camp on the first day, he will sit out for the year,'' Huizenga said. "The Dolphins are going to take a stand. We are not going to pay some guy a whole bunch of money and he comes in five weeks late...That is not going to happen. We went through a couple of times where the guys are not in camp and not as productive as they should be the first three, four, five games. I am not going to go through that again...I'm not taking a shot at any player or agent.''

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huizenga talks a good game, I'll give him that. But after Nick Saban walked all over him, he doesn't have a lot of credibility as a tough guy right now.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Huizenga talks a good game, I'll give him that. But after Nick Saban walked all over him, he doesn't have a lot of credibility as a tough guy right now.

Huh?

I was referring to how Saban ditched the Dolphins after two bad seasons, without completing his contract. As far as I know, Huizenga never said a bad word about Saban through all this. It seemed to me like he should've at least expressed disappointment with Saban. He ended up looking like a doormat.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is always some one who does not get the message.

Maybe it works this year. But not every year. He obviously is including agent assessment as part of scouting.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I was referring to how Saban ditched the Dolphins after two bad seasons, without completing his contract. As far as I know, Huizenga never said a bad word about Saban through all this. It seemed to me like he should've at least expressed disappointment with Saban. He ended up looking like a doormat.

Did you even pay attention to it at all?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

That was just my general impression. Let me know if I missed something.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:

That was just my general impression. Let me know if I missed something.

I guess I simply got a different general impression. Huizenga basically seemed like a guy who did what he could an it wasn't enough because the man wanted to go elsewhere. Didn't see anything to make him look like a doormat. Heck, Saban went from College to the NFL back to College. Doormat to go back to College?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts