1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Htc evo 4g

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by bad93ex, Aug 24, 2010.

1. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Does anyone here have this phone yet?

HTC - EVO 4G Mobile Phone - White (Sprint) - APA9292WT=

I picked this up on Saturday and this thing is incredible! Super fast processor and big beautiful 4.3" screen with a nice 8 mp camera. Android market is very nice with a ton of apps for just about everything. Reception is better than my old BB curve 8330.

If you have sprint and are looking for a very nice smartphone this is the one you should be taking a serious look at. The only downside with this phone is the fact that is costs an extra $10 per month premium. Best Buy is usually sold out of them but I snatched one up at my local wal-mart.

2. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273

yea dude, I got the same phone and I also went from the blackberry curve to this...I've always been with sprint and it's about time they came up with a badass phone that everyone wants...I'm very happy with it awesome phone, and the market place is great for apps especially fantasy guru works awesome with yahoo fantasy football site...there's a packer app on there that will send you headlines and links to any and all packer news from any source, pretty cool, I absolutely love the phone, my only complaint is I wish the camera had a faster shutter speed, taking video and action still shots come out blurry, but it's a great picture if you are just taking a standard shot...I LOVE THiS PHONE!!!

3. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I have been waiting for an awesome phone like this for a long time. There have been a ton of comparison tests between this and the Iphone 4 and in about 90% of them they have the EVO beating out the iPhone.

4. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I'll be getting this when released in the UK. I have the HTC Desire at the moment, which I love

5. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Isn't it all GSM in the UK?

6. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    i find that really hard to believe seeing as i own both phones.. at first i thought the evo would take the cake because it was a better version of the hd2 running android instead of WM.. dont get me wrong it was.. and it is a fantastic phone.. but not an upgrade to the iphone 4

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    I think consumer reports said the new Iphone would have been the highest rated phone on the market if not for the antenna issue and if you have a case its not really a problem.

8. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    I can not wait to get rid of my POS Blackberry but I am waiting for the 4G network to come out on Verizon in December. Then it is Android time!

9. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    yea i have a case so it doesnt affect me at all

10. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I think the reason that the EVO wins out in comparison tests is the network that they are running on. Where I live if I had the iPhone I wouldn't have 3g but I do with the EVO. My friend has the iPhone 4 and the screen is better than the EVO.

11. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    ohh well in that case i would def stick with the evo as well cuz edge is just way too slowwww for me.. the screen on the iphone is effin gorgoues.. i still havent gotten over it and ive had the phone since it came out lol