1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How's That Again?????

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We've got several forest fires burning around us, but so far we're okay. Lots of smoke and an occasional burning ember comes down, but we're sitting tight, roof sprinklers on, waiting until the flames come or we run out of Moose Drool. Then we get out.

Yesterday a Sheriff's Reserve Deputy (kinda like Rent-A Cop) comes into our cul de sac and informs us that we are under a MANDATORY VOLUNTARY EVACUATION. Huh??????? Anyone out there like to explain what that means. I'm not kidding, he read it straight from a statement issued by the Emergency Response Team. After he left we had a good laugh, another round of Moose Drool, and sat in the neighbors swimming pool watching the smoke.

If I'm not on here the next few days then we either got out or we're toast.

MontanaBob

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Tell him if he really wants to help to quit reading stupid statements and get a bucket.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    roflmao!!

be safe, montybob - we'll be thinkin 'bout ya!! :pray:

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Mandatory Voluntary.........kinda sounds like the Packers "Mini Camp!" :wink: I guess it's kinda a "You MUST leave here RIGHT NOW!!!!................(unless you don't want to!)
    Anyway.........i hope we don't end up with a big pot of "Montana Bob" soup! (That would be if you stay in the pool too long!)
    (I can see Bob.........with a LONG stick with a marshmallow on it!) LOLOLOL!!! :lol:
    Keep us updated Bob!!!!

5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck Bob, hope all turns out okay for you. We have lots of fires around here as well, we have been lucky none close to our home as of yet. But we watched one a few years back that got pretty close and it was scary, so I know what you are going through. My advice would be to get out of there, houses you can replace but not lives...prayers are with you...

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We're still here. Things haven't gotten any better or worse, but the next two days are suppossed to be very windy and hot, which is not good news. We've got a fire line about one mile behind us and that is where the fire fighters are concentrating their efforts to turn the fire to the north into some rocky terrain.

It smells like one giant campfire here and the sun is beet red in the sky. Some people have left, but most are still here on our hill. We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours.

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    only a mile away?? i hope you're packed & ready to go. please don't stay too long - you're making me nervous!!! :)

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I hope it's getting better there for you Bob! It must be scary, not knowing from one minute to the next if you will have to cut and run. Keep us updated!

9. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    My God... Your in Montana BOB.

Just Go Fishing!

Your on the Canadian Border so If things get real bad the Canadian's will send over one of their Canadair CL-215's to help out.

Good Luck, tight lines, and bent rod's to you my firend.

R.P.

10. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We're safe and and the fire didn't get us this weekend. A cold front came through with strong winds and it got scary Saturday night, but the fire headed south and then burned back on itself. It's still only 50% contained but not a danger to us anymore. This is only the start of the fire season out here...we have August and September to worry about, and it is really dry here.

Plus I got a beaut of a summer cold and feel like crap. Oh, well, winter is getting closer and we'll be complaining about that. I'll let you know in a few days how things are going.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Glad to hear your property is safe Bob!
    I can't imagine what it was like just waiting, and having no idea if you were going to be safe or not.

12. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good to hear you're ok, bob. 2 more MONTHS of this?? hmmm...i'm glad i live in illinois (shhh...don't tell anybody i said that!!) :)

13. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you guys/gals don't hear from me for the next few days, don't worry. You guys all know the "HoneyDo" list? Well, honeydo is doing over the computer room....painting, new light fixture, wall trim, moulding.....the whole enchilida!! So.....I'll be busy with this and will probably have my computer off for awhile. If I'm really ambitious I'll have this done in a day....yeh, right!!

(Jeez, where's the damn fire when you need it?) :Evil:

14. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great to read you are OK, Bob! Pity about the list ... :roll:

Take care

Chris