Hows About This For NFL Refs?

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Grand scheme of things maybe this pushs Goodell into looking into fulltime refs. It should be a 9 month a year job just like a teacher. Givem' Feb-April off so they can paint houses and then start them into fulltime training including PT and physical testing. I'm tired of 50 something insurance agents huffing down the line like they were dragging an ex wife with a big aliimony payment. In May they start watching tape and training with on field practice. When camps open they're somewhere everyday watching players and reffing every scrimage. The teams can contribute a perdiem.

If there comes a time when you cannot pass a PT test or screw up so many calls you're gone with appropriate pension. Refs just hang on no matter how bad they are and the NFL keeps kissing their ***. Pay them over 200k a year I don't care. Allow replay on personal/flagrant fouls. No need for holding or offsides but facemask is the most missed call in the book. Give coaches 1 blue flag for penalties and booth review if they see something in the personal foul/roughness/flagrant area.We have the technology let's use it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your onto something but I don't think it would still work.
Refs are human. And as humans they will still make mistakes. And that is why we now have the red flag and instant replay for them to possibly reverse a call.

I think probably the only way for it to be more perfect or better would be to give players who feel they have been fouled to point it out to the ref for review.
And there could be limits (Like 2-4 per quarter/half) and penalties if they are wrong. (Like lose a down if the player is wrong.) And it could also only be for certain penalties. Like helmet to helmet. Face mask. Or any of the others that are most likely to injure a player.

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are pretty pissed about the non-call on the OT fumble, and the no-call on fitz in the endzone. I have to admit though, I've seen worse calls made by refs in the past. Let face it, our D was a sieve. I'm not sweating the no-call on Woodson because the Cards were going to score on that drive anyway. The facemask on Rodgers was a bang-bang play. I didn't notice it until the day after. It sucks to lose a game like we did on Sunday, but we had our chances to win and let it slip away.

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually i say double the minimum number of cameras, and put three extra refs up in the booth.

If they botch calls then, we will just have to take them out and have them flogged.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude do you have an idea how long a football game would take if we did things like that. I think they just need to go back to the old school football play style. If you watch some of the old football games people got smacked around a lot, it was a good game to watch now you can hit someone hard without getting fined or a penalty for it.

As much as I hate that they missed the face mask on Rogers and the hit to Woodson if they put that many camera's on the field and had the ref's being able to review calls it would just be bad all the way around.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to stop this complaining. The pack lost because of their poor overrated d. People act as though if the penalty had been called that they would have won. Yes I know they were moving the ball at will, but it doesn't mean they would have won the game. It sucks to see a game end like that. But if the line did it's job, if Rodgers hits Jennings none of that would matter. The pack did far more in this game to hurt their chances than the refs. Had the call been made and if they did win the game, it would have only delayed the inevitable.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude do you have an idea how long a football game would take if we did things like that.
If they took away some of the TV time outs then it could be about the same time as it is now.
But that wouldn't happen since a large part of the NFL is about making money.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to stop this complaining.
Who's complaining? We just brainstormin ideas on how to improve the ref's job. There are plenty of other threads already complaining of the lousy missed calls.

(It looks like you lost your map to other threads.)

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's complaining? We just brainstormin ideas on how to improve the ref's job. There are plenty of other threads already complaining of the lousy missed calls.

(It looks like you lost your map to other threads.)

This post would have never been made had the pack won. It is in reaction to a packer loss and non call.

I've seen more pissing and moaning over the refs than a d and team that pulled the wool over the eyes of its fans. If you want to be annoyed and write post about how to change things, then I would suggest discussing how the pack can improve and overcome bad refs.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen more pissing and moaning over the refs than a d and team that pulled the wool over the eyes of its fans. If you want to be annoyed and write post about how to change things, then I would suggest discussing how the pack can improve and overcome bad refs.
Every fan of their team, no matter who it is, has the right and privlage to be happy when they win and upset when they lose no matter how it happened or what contributed to the win/loss.

And the refs in this game just happened to be part of the problem. Not the whole problem, but since they blew two calls on the very last Pack drive which led to the winning TD by the Cruds, well those missed calls especially hurt more than anything.
Of course if A-Rod and Jennings had connected then those bad calls wouldn't have happened.
And I dunno if you've noticed angrydude but those other missed opportunites by the Pack on both D and O are being discussed on other threads.
So we are discussing everything that went wrong and right for the Pack in different threads here. This one just happens to be about how to improve the refs.

OP
OP
dewitt60

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This post would have never been made had the pack won. It is in reaction to a packer loss and non call.

I probably would have still made the post anywho. The NFL refs suck all over the league and the post was a suggestion as to how to clean up this mess. Nothing in the orginal post of mine is out of line except maybe the challenges. It's time for qualified full time refs, not some Jr. High science teacher. This is a billion dollar industry with 2 bit personnel in charge. I have Sunday Ticket and the calls are bad every week everywhere.

Members online

Latest posts