Howdy!

DBLDPACFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

I guess I've been a lifelong Packer fan; I've got my Mom and brothers to thank for that. My Dad is a Bears fan, mom bleeds green and gold (Dad insists it's yellow), two of my brothers love the Pack and another brother like the Vikes. That just about covers the NFC North (Do the Lions really count anyway??)

I grew up in River Forest, Illinois, playin football in our yard with my brothers. My undergraduate "scoolin" was done at Texas and got my MBA from Northwestern. I'm not really sure I live in Madison, since I seem to spend so much time in cites like New York, Chicago, London and Singapore ( my official office title is Derivative Product Developer...it's a fancy way of saying Risk Management)

As for my nickname, Double D, it has nothing to do with the job title (although my family likes the irony) or a biological reference, it goes back to when I was about 3 years old. One of my Dad's favorite movies is The End, staring Burt Renolds and Dom DeLuise. The story around the family camp fire is that I wouldn't go to bed until I saw a few moments of my favorite actor, Dom DeLuise, or "Dub-Dee", as my parents said I called him. So, for better and sometime worse, the name stuck.

My Dad took the picture of me the day he took me to my first Packer game at Lambeau...we had been to quite a few at Solider Field...but never together to the Frozen Tundra. My Mom said that's because it's easier for my Dad to except the inevitable defeat surrounded by other Bear fans.

I know it will surprise most, if not all of you, that my favorite player happens to be a Bear...WalterPayton. My Mom has a picture of me in a Packer jersey, sitting on my Dad's lap cheering for Payton when he ran for 275 yards against the Vikes in November of '77. I know I was only a little over a year old when that picture was taken, but I swear I remember watching that game with my Dad.

I cherish all the Packer/Bear memories I've accumulated over the years, and look forward to many more with ya'll...and I apologize in advance for any partiality I'm sure to exhibit towards our adversaries to the south.

Go Pack!

Members online

Latest posts