1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

How ya doin?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bus Cook, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    I'd like to say hi to all here. I hope I fit in well. Many of you know me from Julie's prison, Julie's prison II, Packers Planet and now here. Good to see a good number of names that I recognize.

To summarize

Biggest Packer fan on my block
    Biggest Favre fan in my state
    Biggest AR fan in my state
    Biggest TT hater in my state

I try to get along. I'll take you with a grain of forum salt, I hope you'll afford me the same slack.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Welcome to the forums. We like good discussions as long as you're not extremely negative or extremely positive and contribute something to the conversations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Welcome, glad to have another Packers fan on the site!

Go PACK Go!!

4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    You're off to a good start.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome !
    I would advise a period of watching at first. See which way the wind blows.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,022
    The discussion of TT removing BF from the team has been relegated to the dustbin of history on this board. There are no new revelations or angles or opinions that will justify reopening the debate. Comments about the eventual reconciliation is a new subject. Other than that one subject have at it as long as it is within the forum rules.

7. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,834
    Coming into a discussion on this board is okay. But you need to keep an open mind and have information/statistics to back up your opinions. If you’re only comment is ‘TT whiffed on the last 3 drafts’ then back it up. Compare him to other GMs. Show how all of them have had so much more success in their drafts. Show how other GMs are so much better because of signing FAs; trading for veterans; whatever. Currently, due to your posts in the other thread, you have very little credibility with me. I may respond to your posts in the future, but only in a half-hearted mocking manner. Tired of the myopic hatred and try to divest myself from that very limited viewpoint. Speaking for myself, that mentality offers nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Boy are you all going to love Bus. Welcome Bus, you cannot escape me!

• Like Like x 1
  9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,852
    I think I`ll wait for the next one thanks :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bus Cook

Ratings:
    +226
    xxooxxoo Good to see you

11. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,010
    How sad for you. You hate the man who led the team to its most recent Super Bowl victory. That must have been a tough day for you: After all, it was a huge feather in the cap of the man you hate for moving beyond your hero. And it was proof positive letting Favre “retire” was absolutely a smart move for the franchise. And of course Thompson is the guy whose very first draft pick you say you are a big fan of.

It’s also sad for you because instead of attempting to look at the team objectively you have an obvious agenda that clouds whatever judgment you may have. Your agenda is so obvious it took me reading exactly three of your posts to figure it out:
    http://www.packerforum.com/threads/i-love-ted-thompson.25380/page-2#post-512927

BTW mods, shouldn’t this thread be in the “Introduce Yourself” forum? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
    If it was reported so we knew about it, then yes ;)

13. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I look forward to more posts from the bus boy no matter where it is. ;)

14. Bus Cook

Ratings:
    +226
    TT led us to a SuperBowl? Talk about misplaced loyalty. Wow. I root for the guys on the field. I'd say that AR had a small role in leading us to the superbowl, but I guess we can differ there. Good to meet you. I look forward to more of your posts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    Rodgers would be a Viking right now if it was not for TT.

16. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,010
    No misplaced loyalty. Unlike you, I am a fan of the franchise and have never put a player - any player - above that loyalty. And yes, Ted Thompson led the Packers to the Super Bowl win. Just as Ron Wolf did before him. Like Wolf, Thompson's title is Executive V.P., General Manager & Director of (all) Football Operations (I inserted the word, "all" for emphasis). Like Wolf, Thompson put together the Super Bowl roster including acquiring the QB. Like Wolf, Thompson hired the HC and had final say over all personnel matters. Both men were very much responsible for "the guys on the field" you were rooting for as well as the men on the field coaching them. BTW, IMO the creation of that position, with its consequent powers almost entirely free from interference from the executive committee, was the brilliant insight of Bob Harlan which turned the franchise around (with an unfortunate hiatus while Mike Sherman served as VP, GM and HC).

I wish I could say it's good to meet you and that I look forward to your posts. Being constrained by honesty I can't say the former and I don't look forward to your posts. I prefer Packers fans who at least attempt to look at the team objectively.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1