How ya doin?

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I'd like to say hi to all here. I hope I fit in well. Many of you know me from Julie's prison, Julie's prison II, Packers Planet and now here. Good to see a good number of names that I recognize.

To summarize

Biggest Packer fan on my block
Biggest Favre fan in my state
Biggest AR fan in my state
Biggest TT hater in my state

I try to get along. I'll take you with a grain of forum salt, I hope you'll afford me the same slack.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. We like good discussions as long as you're not extremely negative or extremely positive and contribute something to the conversations.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Welcome !
I would advise a period of watching at first. See which way the wind blows.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to say hi to all here. I hope I fit in well. Many of you know me from Julie's prison, Julie's prison II, Packers Planet and now here. Good to see a good number of names that I recognize.

To summarize

Biggest Packer fan on my block
Biggest AR fan in my state

I try to get along. I'll take you with a grain of forum salt, I hope you'll afford me the same slack.
The discussion of TT removing BF from the team has been relegated to the dustbin of history on this board. There are no new revelations or angles or opinions that will justify reopening the debate. Comments about the eventual reconciliation is a new subject. Other than that one subject have at it as long as it is within the forum rules.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming into a discussion on this board is okay. But you need to keep an open mind and have information/statistics to back up your opinions. If you’re only comment is ‘TT whiffed on the last 3 drafts’ then back it up. Compare him to other GMs. Show how all of them have had so much more success in their drafts. Show how other GMs are so much better because of signing FAs; trading for veterans; whatever. Currently, due to your posts in the other thread, you have very little credibility with me. I may respond to your posts in the future, but only in a half-hearted mocking manner. Tired of the myopic hatred and try to divest myself from that very limited viewpoint. Speaking for myself, that mentality offers nothing.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
How sad for you. You hate the man who led the team to its most recent Super Bowl victory. That must have been a tough day for you: After all, it was a huge feather in the cap of the man you hate for moving beyond your hero. And it was proof positive letting Favre “retire” was absolutely a smart move for the franchise. And of course Thompson is the guy whose very first draft pick you say you are a big fan of.

It’s also sad for you because instead of attempting to look at the team objectively you have an obvious agenda that clouds whatever judgment you may have. Your agenda is so obvious it took me reading exactly three of your posts to figure it out:
Hayward's a whiff, huh? That's wrong by any measure. My guess is Bus here is a Favre fan who hasn't gotten over it.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/i-love-ted-thompson.25380/page-2#post-512927

BTW mods, shouldn’t this thread be in the “Introduce Yourself” forum? ;)

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
How sad for you. You hate the man who led the team to its most recent Super Bowl victory. That must have been a tough day for you: After all, it was a huge feather in the cap of the man you hate for moving beyond your hero. And it was proof positive letting Favre “retire” was absolutely a smart move for the franchise. And of course Thompson is the guy whose very first draft pick you say you are a big fan of.

It’s also sad for you because instead of attempting to look at the team objectively you have an obvious agenda that clouds whatever judgment you may have. Your agenda is so obvious it took me reading exactly three of your posts to figure it out:
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/i-love-ted-thompson.25380/page-2#post-512927

BTW mods, shouldn’t this thread be in the “Introduce Yourself” forum? ;)

TT led us to a SuperBowl? Talk about misplaced loyalty. Wow. I root for the guys on the field. I'd say that AR had a small role in leading us to the superbowl, but I guess we can differ there. Good to meet you. I look forward to more of your posts.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT led us to a SuperBowl? Talk about misplaced loyalty. Wow. I root for the guys on the field. I'd say that AR had a small role in leading us to the superbowl, but I guess we can differ there. Good to meet you. I look forward to more of your posts.
Rodgers would be a Viking right now if it was not for TT.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No misplaced loyalty. Unlike you, I am a fan of the franchise and have never put a player - any player - above that loyalty. And yes, Ted Thompson led the Packers to the Super Bowl win. Just as Ron Wolf did before him. Like Wolf, Thompson's title is Executive V.P., General Manager & Director of (all) Football Operations (I inserted the word, "all" for emphasis). Like Wolf, Thompson put together the Super Bowl roster including acquiring the QB. Like Wolf, Thompson hired the HC and had final say over all personnel matters. Both men were very much responsible for "the guys on the field" you were rooting for as well as the men on the field coaching them. BTW, IMO the creation of that position, with its consequent powers almost entirely free from interference from the executive committee, was the brilliant insight of Bob Harlan which turned the franchise around (with an unfortunate hiatus while Mike Sherman served as VP, GM and HC).

I wish I could say it's good to meet you and that I look forward to your posts. Being constrained by honesty I can't say the former and I don't look forward to your posts. I prefer Packers fans who at least attempt to look at the team objectively.

Members online

Latest posts