How would you beat da Bears?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My plan is to take away their running game, and make Cutler beat you with his arm.

Our offense will be just fine. Special teams will just need to play decent, and need to win the turn over and sack battle.

What say you?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnovers and special teams will probably be the Key in this game. We can't let Hester give the Bears a short field. If we get up early on the Bears and put a little pressure on Cutler, he will be throwing the ball all over the place........hopefully right to our CB's.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would target Forte early on and then in the second half I'd put the crosshairs squarely on Cutler to pressure him into mistakes to turn the game to our favor. I'd also pull the trigger on the blitz as much as I could get away with it. Hopefully, the Bears chances of winning will have been shot down by halftime.

And yes, I'M INCITING VIOLENCE. :threaten:

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense:
1st quarter, drop back, keep most of our men in coverage, but keep Clay and Hawk down to stuff the run. Let the bears get comfortable in their pass protection, but knock down those balls, and try to get an interception early. The earlier you pick him off, the better.

Starting in the second quarter, we bloody them up. We send in blitz after blitz, and beat the snot out of Cutler,a nd the running game. We keep up this method until 4th quarter where we switch back to our 1st quarter scheme.

Offense:
1st quarter is similarly conservative, we do most runs, screens, and slants. Keep the ball close and pound it with high % plays. we need to make Khun, and Starks as big a part of things as possible.

In the second quarter I say we start looking deep to pull the pressure off our running game, but keep Starks pounding it in. We need to have a variaty of run schemes to make this work though, so again, try to keep the ball close.

second half: we air it out. we play like we are 21 points down, we go to a 2min offense,a nd keep the Bears on their heels. do NOT let up pressure till we are at least 20 points ahead, and it's 10 mins to go in the game, then we pull out starks and wind down the clock.

if we ARE behind, keep the ball in Rodgers hands, and don't look 85's way, he might be good, but people expect us to use him to win, win with the TEs

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense:
1st quarter, drop back, keep most of our men in coverage, but keep Clay and Hawk down to stuff the run. Let the bears get comfortable in their pass protection, but knock down those balls, and try to get an interception early. The earlier you pick him off, the better.

Starting in the second quarter, we bloody them up. We send in blitz after blitz, and beat the snot out of Cutler,a nd the running game. We keep up this method until 4th quarter where we switch back to our 1st quarter scheme.

Offense:
1st quarter is similarly conservative, we do most runs, screens, and slants. Keep the ball close and pound it with high % plays. we need to make Khun, and Starks as big a part of things as possible.

In the second quarter I say we start looking deep to pull the pressure off our running game, but keep Starks pounding it in. We need to have a variaty of run schemes to make this work though, so again, try to keep the ball close.

second half: we air it out. we play like we are 21 points down, we go to a 2min offense,a nd keep the Bears on their heels. do NOT let up pressure till we are at least 20 points ahead, and it's 10 mins to go in the game, then we pull out starks and wind down the clock.

if we ARE behind, keep the ball in Rodgers hands, and don't look 85's way, he might be good, but people expect us to use him to win, win with the TEs

No worries here. I will tell you how the Pack beats the Bears, line up and play the way they have all year.

This is not rocket science. The better Packer roster will give them more opportunities. I see a 10+ point Pack win here. Essentially a blowout this game is over early 2nd or 3rd quarter tops. By the 4th quarter we will be relaxing and laughing!

You are going to see empty seats and long faces at Soldiers Field by the start of the 4th quarter.

:happy0005:

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pressure, pressure and more pressure on Cutler. Every time he goes back to pass, someone needs to be in his face. When he's hurried, he gets rattled and he makes big mistakes.

NO dumb penalties.

No turnovers.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to see some kind of defensive wrinkle where someone else like C Wood fakes a blitz and then goes lurking over the middle in the area where Cutler will think he has a one on one matchup between either Forte/Olsen and AJ. I'm sure thats something they already do occasionally, but I would just love to see Cutler think he has an easy check down pass to one of those to only to have someone break on it and house it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. delay blitz matthews
2. kick it higher and a little shorter during punts and kicks
3. shut down the run, force the pass
4. woodson on olsen
5. Williams on knox
6. bring in the psycho defense time to time
7. run at urlacher
8. run to the left to slow peppers down.
9. healthy dose of 60 40 pass run
10.delayed hand offs time to time with some short dump offs time to time

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't trust Cutler or their OL. Blitz, blitz, blitz. He will make a mistake eventually.

Members online

Latest posts