how will you watch the game?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
cheesey said:
Channel 12 out of Milwaukee is showing it. So i'm in luck.
My wife is having minor surgery early in the day.........I have to get her home in time for kickoff! :wink:

Good luck with the "minor" surgery... is there ever really minor surgery?
No.....not really. But i have to tell myself that, or i'll be a wreck. She already showed me where all the life insurance papers are. :(

Didn't mean to make more of it than it is.. all will be good Cheesey and you and the Misses will enjoy the game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey hope all goes well man.

As for the game, Ive bummed Direct TV and a 53" HDTV from a lady friend... i cant tell you how sad it was to ask her if i could borrow her TV for sports. I'm having to go to a girls house to get my football fix... do you see what you've done to me you cruel dictator NFL Network!!!

dont get me wrong i like the ladies, they really rev my engine... but she has better equipment than me and its giving me severe TV envy.

Here Ye, Here Ye...I hereby relenquish my man card.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will watch at a buds house who has the Network. I almost made the switch from Charter this week, but no internet on the DISH. I wish I had an alternative to just dropping Charter until they offer the package in some form. I say shame on anyone who is stalling the process, and double shame to the NBA for not playing Bucks games in Western Wisconsin.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Pack93z said:
cheesey said:
My wife is having minor surgery early in the day.........I have to get her home in time for kickoff! :wink:

Good luck with the "minor" surgery... is there ever really minor surgery?
No.....not really. But i have to tell myself that, or i'll be a wreck. She already showed me where all the life insurance papers are. :(

Didn't mean to make more of it than it is.. all will be good Cheesey and you and the Misses will enjoy the game.

Yes best of luck.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I will watch at a buds house who has the Network. I almost made the switch from Charter this week, but no internet on the DISH. I wish I had an alternative to just dropping Charter until they offer the package in some form. I say shame on anyone who is stalling the process, and double shame to the NBA for not playing Bucks games in Western Wisconsin.

I switched from charter to direct tv, and kept my charter internet. Charter, and most cable companies, offer WAY better internet then satellites. There's no reason you can't keep both though . . . either way, the internet will still cost you the same for the internet, unless you have some kind of bundle package.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend of mine that lives right behind us has NFLN and invited my wife and I over to have dinner with his family and to watch the game. I have great friends! Haha!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'll be watching alone with my Scotch. I personally like watching games alone so I can concentrate on the game instead of entertaining guests.

If they are winning I'll be drinking The Maccallan, if they are losing I'll stick to the Johnnie Walker Red Label or Teacher's Highland Cream. :) If they are winning at half time I'll have a nice cigar and I can honestly say life doesn't get much better than that my friends.

Go Pack Go

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be watching alone with my Scotch. I personally like watching games alone so I can concentrate on the game instead of entertaining guests.

If they are winning I'll be drinking The Maccallan, if they are losing I'll stick to the Johnnie Walker Red Label or Teacher's Highland Cream. :) If they are winning at half time I'll have a nice cigar and I can honestly say life doesn't get much better than that my friends.

Go Pack Go

i might try the scotch drink you suggest on my drunken game diary. Sounds interesting.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year i have yet to drink during a football game. But this game is different, i asked off for work on thursday night and gonna watch it on my Direct TV. Thinking about getting wasted and having a nice lil ol' BBQ!

Reaction score
I got an exam on Thursday, and after that it's coming straight home and turning on TSN to get ready for the game.

Exam should be over about a couple of hours before kickoff, but then I'm sure I'll get stuck in rush hour on the way back home. I'm hoping the weather isn't bad, so I can get home before kickoff.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
i might try the scotch drink you suggest on my drunken game diary. Sounds interesting.

If your not used to drinking Scotch Whisky it might be a bit rough at first. I don't think anybody drinks Scotch for the first time neat and really likes it. Unless they are used to drinking liquors neat that is. If you do break the barrier and start to get a taste for it, it's a rewarding complex drink. I have a fairly well stocked bar and I rarely drink anything else but a decent Scotch. Occasionally Midori and Milk. Sounds gross, tastes good.

I don't have a name for this so I'll going to start calling it "The McGee" in honor of the late Packer Great who obviously had some Scottish ancestry.

The McGee: Serve in a Double Old Fashioned / Rocks Glass
4oz Scotch - Go mid grade cause your tasting a lot of scotch in this drink so you want a decent palatable scotch.
4 dashes Angostura Bitters - adjust to taste
2 marchino cherries (adds a sweet reward for when you finish your glass)

Quick, easy and delicious. This one's for you Max! Cheers!

Go Pack Go

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
At home on Channel 5, Green Bay. I'm one of the lucky ones.
Looks like that's not the case Greg.
I was really ticked off when I read in yesterdays Mining Journal that the NFL didn't consider the U.P. part of the Green Bay market and that WFRV could not broadcast the game to us.

On a completely unrelated note: I just talked to my sister on the phone, and she has an inside track on playoff tickets at Lambeau Field. I'm sending her a check tomorrow to reserve them.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..My wife is having minor surgery early in the day.........I have to get her home in time for kickoff! :wink:

Cheesey, please give your wife my very best....

Any woman that can put up with you for (about) a quarter of a century should be elevated to sainthood.
I shall email the Pope directly. :thumbsup:

As to watching the game, I shall be at home and for the first time in my life cheering for the Cowboys! :p

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go Pack Go

How about a Macallan and cigar after the game to celebrate?? :idea:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting on my couch in front of my 46 inch LCD TV, on The Sports Network (Canada's ESPN affiliate) in High Def. Also working from home tomorrow so I can make a nice smoked brisket.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
bozz_2006 said:
I'll say a prayer for her Cheesey.
Thank you Bozz!
She's scared about it, but it has to be done. She has a clot that has to be removed from her leg.
Hopefully, all will go well.
I hope the surgery goes well. I'm sure it will. :D

Yeah hope everything goes well Cheesey

I will watch the game on sky sports unless my step dad is being a idiot and won't let me i hope thats not the case :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad news for me. I just found out that the game is being blacked out for me, even though I get Channel 5, because I'm not in the Packers' "home market." They've never done this before. I wonder if the channel is just going to be blank during the game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know that the packers vs cowboys game will be on nfl network and i cant go to a bar because i am under 21. i was going to use http://myp2p.eu/ but i dont know if it will play the game. how will you guys watch the game?

I'll be inviting myself over to a friend's house.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts