1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SanDiegoCheese, Nov 9, 2011.

1. CheeseHeadInCanada

CheeseHeadInCanada Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Parts of what you said are unfair.

Unfortunately I live on the West Coast of Canada (Vancouver) My dad was a Bronco's fan, first game I remember watching was the SB against the Pack and I remember wanting to root against my dad, been a fan ever since. Having no local team, and seeing other games more often than Seahawk games kind of spread it. I've had Packer gear since then, and have worn it proudly all year round. I've missed my own sporting events to watch Packer games, I ordered NFL Sunday Ticket solely for the Pack, I can easily rattle off any player on our 52 man roster and know a lot about the history. Everyone becomes a fan for a reason, mines just different.

2. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    They are wearing a Colts' jersey.

3. Deke

Deke Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Well, this bandwagoner cannot wait for tomorrow evening - (it'll be a 9.30pm kick-off for us UK fans).

From the various criteria listed on this thread in various places I suppose I will have to wear my bandwagon badge - but I will do so with immense pride.

In England there is a rather popular football (sorry, I mean soccer) team called Manchester United. Personally I do not like them. At all. Anyway, the vast majority of Man Utd fans have never even been to the city of Manchester, never mind to Old Trafford the stadium where their team play.

I live around 4,000 miles from Green Bay - hardly a local, then - but I HAVE been to Lambeau Field. It was a few years back and myself and a friend flew to the US specifically for the game. Ok, we lost a MNF game to the Vikings, but it is among my most treasured memories, and always will be.

Having been a Packer fan since 1982 I have stuck with them through thick and thin, and I am simply loving what we have right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    Why not hop on the Packers bandwagon and let the Pack be your #1 team?

5. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    You can't name 5 players on the team, specifically on Defense.
    You can't name a coach other than McCarthy.
    You go to church and don't know how to work a DVR/VCR
    You have the money, but don't have a jersey.
    You don't know who our last draft picks are.
    LTF will like this one: You only post when we lose.
    You still want Favre to come back.
    You don't know who the owner is. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    Ok---I took a stab at it... :tup:

7. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    LOL ok, so church was more of an if, sue me

8. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    this from another thread

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    Bandwagoners join the forum right after we win a playoff game and say they have a been a lifetime fan then they leave when we either lose or win the Super Bowl

10. RowdyPacker

RowdyPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know people that are casual fans of teams but does that make them a bandwagon fan? What I mean by casual is that they don't know much of the details like diehard fans do but they still support the team and represent with gear, etc. Just because they are not constantly talking about every detail and stat doesn't make them a bandwagon fan IMO. You have to admit that diehard fans are a different breed.

11. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    They are hoping the Packers can play the Vikings in the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    We'd say fairweather, but they show up any time we lose to complain too

13. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    Those first two are irrelevant really. For instance I never knew this forum existed until last week, and once I knew I still had a heck of a time locating a Packer fan forum that was active and not choked full of spammers. As for the location of residence, lol really? I've met a few people born outside the WI borders who are just as dedicated fans as anyone else inside the WI border. As for me I was born in La Crosse WI, and my life has taken me to numerous destenations since I them. Through it all I have bled Green and Gold

IMO there is only one determineing factor of Bandwagon fans. That is: they are if they became a fan of the team during a Super Bowl run or a really dominant regular season preformance, that happened relatively recently. Basically, if you became a fan of the Pack within the last 2 years; I've got some bad news for ya.