How to make Gado, Green, et al better RB's?

Reaction score
Shawn Alexander is a draft pick of TT. The fact is that he had one hell of a season. He scored touchdowns, and had big play explosiveness. But why did he have a better and more exploseive season than before?

He learned how to breathe. What I mean is that Alexander learned how to appropriatly breathe through a run. He said that was the main reason for his success this season.

Alexander said in an interview that in seasons past, he would make the mistake of taking a breath to early, getting hit and having nothing left. Or he would wait to take a breath, and wait too long thus having problems. He said he learned how to inhale and exhale, and at what points during the run to maximize his energy.

I don't know who he learned it from, but the fact is that it something that might not be stressed as much in today's NFL. Gado is a rookie, and I'm sure it would help if he learned where to take a breath while running. It would give him more power, more burst, and more quickness. And also, Green might benefit too. Having more of a second effort to move the pile, or having that extra split second step to take it all the way.

Either way, I think proper breatheing through an NFL run is something that the Packers, and who ever is their next coach, is something the should look into, and get their RB's, and even WR's some tips. If Alexander's success is any measure, proper breatheing could go a long way in making a great player and an excellent player.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is something I have never heard of, interesting, they should look into it, couldn't hurt.

Another thing that might help is a front line that has played together for a full year. There were just to many changes at the beginning of the year, then all the injuries to the RB's started happening.

It will be interesting to see who The Packers try to re-sign and who they let go. On the o-line and in the backfield.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to make these guys better RBs, teach them how to hold onto the ball! The only real negative in Green's game is all of his fumble problems. You can quote all of the per carry stats you like about Green's fumbling, but the fact is that he is known as a fumbler and defenses go after the ball, which only makes it worse.

Gado started out with that problem. He appeared to be correcting the problem before getting injured.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all abaout....here we go again. NEVER pay attention to any article that's put out by Packers.com....it is basically a PR site for the team. TT didn't draft Alexander.... Holmgren did. We have been through this on a previous thread.

As far as the breathing thing goes....I don't know what to make of it. It is an interesting theory.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the same problem when i'm typing..........if it's a long word, and i breath out too soon, i pass out right in the mid......................................................oh, sorry, blacked out for a second. :lol:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts