How to beat the Skins

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play a double TE and single back setup. Have Driver and Jennings go midway through the middle on slant routines to draw the linebackers (which aren't that great) and hit them if free if not have one of the TE go under them in the middle and hit them.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get Lynn ****ey, James Lofton, and Jan Stenervd out of retirement....

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play a double TE and single back setup. Have Driver and Jennings go midway through the middle on slant routines to draw the linebackers (which aren't that great) and hit them if free if not have one of the TE go under them in the middle and hit them.
im sure ive seen that been noobed on madden 08

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there gonna be play by play or anything? I'm gonna be stuck at a desk during the game and won't be able to watch it at Gabe's while spending all my money on beer and walleye fingers.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be a low-scoring, hard-hitting game that is decided by turnovers, much like the Philly game. I think the defense needs to get some sacks and at least a couple turnovers.

On offense, spread 'em out and throw short passes, with just enough deep routes to keep them honest. I'm not sure if I like the idea of running a lot of slants into those hard-hitting safeties. I don't want them to be able to settle in there waiting to knock somebody's head off. (Although of course if it's Driver's head they knock off, he'll just put it back on and keep playing.)

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just know that if you're throwing the ball over the middle of the field, Sean Taylor and Laron Landry will mess you up badly.

I think we'll have to run the ball efficiently, protect the ball, and play good defense. Sounds a little basic, I know, but their secondary is good and their offense is good enough to take advantage of turnovers if we give it to them.

I'm worried about Campbell. I think they'll put the game in his hands. This is either going to be a rough game or a coming of age game.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel it will boil down to #4 and his WR v.s. Washington's secondary
&
GB defensive front 4 v.s. Jason Campell

GB 27 Wash 21

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
&

GB 27 Wash 21

That sounds about right, although I'll predict a lower final score, something like GB 20 WA 16. I would like to see our pass rush close the deal more often in this game. We need sacks.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
&

GB 27 Wash 21

That sounds about right, although I'll predict a lower final score, something like GB 20 WA 16. I would like to see our pass rush close the deal more often in this game. We need sacks.

maybe see bigby & hawk on some blitzes!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dhpackr said:
&

GB 27 Wash 21

maybe see bigby & hawk on some blitzes!!

By all means, yes! I've been waiting all season for that.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this may actually be the worst possible matchup in the league for our offence. They got probably one of the best secondary's in the nfl who love to hit and come up on short routes (which we love to run) I think for the passing game to work we may actually have to take advantage of their hard hitting aggressiveness and try some deep patterns. Time for Driver and Jennings to burn them with the double move. Hoping we get the Pass protection to do it

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's cliched, but we have to establish the run here. Moreso in this game than last week.

Washington has a good pair of safeties with Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry. Going deep is not an option unless the play action pass is done, which won't happen unless we get a ground game going.

The Skins have a hell of a defensive line led by DE Andre Carter who's having a career year. If Chad Clifton can get the best of him and Daryn Colledge can open some holes, we'll be okay.

If we're going to continue to use the short-passing game, we have to avoid Marcus Washington and let Vernand Morency get those easy catches.

Donald Lee will be the player to watch in this game, along with James Jones and possibly Ruvell Martin. I don't see Driver being a factor, and maybe Jennings is going to score.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of their DBs, some receivers will be open. We need to pass early, pass late and win the game.

Latest posts