How the Packers saved me from having a meltdown today

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this is pretty loosely based on football so bear with me. When the iPhone 6 came out I bought one on the day of release. I had always taken the free upgrade from Verizon but this time I figured what the hell. Anyway, in 20 some years of cell phone use, I have never dropped, lost or damaged a cell phone in anyway. But while waiting to purchase a $700 cell phone, I saw this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

An awesome Packers phone case! So naturally I bought this as well. Now yesterday about an hour before game time, the wifey accidentally knocked my cheap Motorola pad of the table onto the floor and cracked the screen. So off to Verizon I went and bought a really nice 13" iPad.

I drive taxi and I got home this morning and while getting out of the van I realized that I did not have my phone. So in the house I ran and activated the find my iPhone app on my fancy new pad and my phone appears to be sitting in the middle of the busiest road in town. Ugh...

Grabbed my pad and drove to my phone fully expecting the worst as if it is exactly where the app says it is, it has been run over literally hundreds of times. So I arrive and sure enough, it is sitting in one of the four lanes and I watched it be run over about 5 times while I flip on the hazards, block traffic and retrieve my phone. Other than tire tracks all over it that I cleaned off, phone is none the worse for wear. I use my thumb print to unlock it and:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Perfect working condition! So there you have it because of a phone case I never would have bought, except for the fact that it was a Packers case, saved me from basically losing my mind due to my phone being completely destroyed after being run over hundreds of times.

Anyone else ever had your love of the Packers save you from something bad happening to you?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Good story. My luck would not have been that type. I most likely would have picked up electronic splinters. Then again, your phone had to have been OK for you to find it.
Speaking of cell phones and of course Packers related: I worked a beer stand at Lambeau yesterday (north end zone, section 106). Door to stadium staff office is next door. About 1/2 hour after the gates opened, someone came out of the nearby men's room to report to security a plugged in unattended cell phone. I do not know the results but we were not evacuated or anything. Who leaves a phone plugged in in a public restroom?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My iphone did it's upgrade on Tuesday. Friday while driving up north I powered it down since it was running slow. On bootup it told me that I needed to connect to a computer to re-authorize my phone! Grrrr!! I have no problem being unplugged for the weekend, but couldn't listen to the Packers game through my XM radio app.

I also fully realized that there are no public pay phones left in this world, or few and far between. If you don't have a working phone then you are reliant upon strangers if your car dies or something else arises.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, that sucks. My first question should have been why on earth did you spend that much on an iPhone6, lol. Otter boxes are awesome cases. Pretty amazing that it was run over that many times and is still going.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, that sucks. My first question should have been why on earth did you spend that much on an iPhone6, lol. Otter boxes are awesome cases. Pretty amazing that it was run over that many times and is still going.
Yeah spending that much was kind of ridiculous but I bought it the day they came out and that's the price tag that was on it it was the first time in 20 years of cell phone use that I decided to splurge on the phone and I've spent way more money than that to go to a Packer game so I figured what the hell.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the 50's/60's this ad copy would have fit the times since ads were a lot more wordy.
Today? Not so much with shorter attention spans.
Sorry but you won't get the job of being an ad man.

You are good at click bait though!
Anyone else think this was about the win over the Lions from the thread title?

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the 50's/60's this ad copy would have fit the times since ads were a lot more wordy.
Today? Not so much with shorter attention spans.
Sorry but you won't get the job of being an ad man.

You are good at click bait though!
Anyone else think this was about the win over the Lions from the thread title?
Click bait would have had you click 475,000 times to read the equivalent of a half page story with pictures, double spaced.

Reaction score
Good story. My luck would not have been that type. I most likely would have picked up electronic splinters. Then again, your phone had to have been OK for you to find it.
Speaking of cell phones and of course Packers related: I worked a beer stand at Lambeau yesterday (north end zone, section 106). Door to stadium staff office is next door. About 1/2 hour after the gates opened, someone came out of the nearby men's room to report to security a plugged in unattended cell phone. I do not know the results but we were not evacuated or anything. Who leaves a phone plugged in in a public restroom?
Lol. They Must've been smoking some good weed

Members online

Latest posts