How the Packers pay their players

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
payroll:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The thing that sticks out the most to me is 2 aging o-linemen who have struggled lately are being paid a LOT.

knowing Thompson like I do...I don't expect this to last beyond 2007.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you rather have rookies who can't perform? Oh yeah, i forgot, you would.

Tauschers the best lineman the Packers got and has been underpaid for awhile now.

Yeah, Colledge looked real good blowing all those assignments last week!

If we still had Wahle and didn't have that silly zone blocking scheme that doesn't work, or that they don't know how to implement, things would be fine.

TT did a great job with the O-Line in 3 years now, hasn't he?

He did a great job ******** it up, imo. :roll:

Reaction score

Colledge had blown assignments? When?

Seriously, when?

Because McCarthy said there were ZERO blown assignments amongst the o-line in the Eagles game. McCarthy, you know the coach who knows more about football than anybody on this forum, said the problem was all execution, not blown assignments.

This point was also repeated by Scott Wells.

Mind pointing out when exactly Colledge was blowing assignments last week?

But Trom to be honest, compared to the current market, Taush and Cliffy are earning reasonable salaries for the way they protect Brett. If Ted ends up letting one of them go, I'd say it'd be Clifton only because of his supposedly bad knees.

Otherwise, I think we keep both until they prove they can't play anymore.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Seriously, when?

Because McCarthy said there were ZERO blown assignments amongst the o-line in the Eagles game. McCarthy, you know the coach who knows more about football than anybody on this forum, said the problem was all execution, not blown assignments.

But Trom to be honest, compared to the current market, Taush and Cliffy are earning reasonable salaries for the way they protect Brett. If Ted ends up letting one of them go, I'd say it'd be Clifton only because of his supposedly bad knees.

So your point is they got to their assignments, they just didnt execute the block when they got there???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Seriously, when?

Dont cloud the facts from the HEAD COACH..

Fuzz is more of the expert ya know

4th and 26, I think you might be right

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge got beat once. I remember it.

That's the nature of the beast with a 2nd year player.

Tauscher and Clifton's play though...that's been the inexcusible shocker. Hopefully the old guys get back into a groove.

But yeah, KGB's contract still ****** me off to no end. Friggin Sherman. At least KGB is being used correctly now, and not just thrown out there for every play because someone is trying to justify the contract they signed him to.

But yeah, thats the money situation I guess, so....go ahead and be a -------, Fuzznuts. Why not.

Reaction score
But yeah, KGB's contract still ****** me off to no end. Friggin Sherman. At least KGB is being used correctly now, and not just thrown out there for every play because someone is trying to justify the contract they signed him to.

But I gotta say, KGB earned a good chunk of his salary in the Eagles game.

The dude applied a lot of pressure, which was refreshing to see.

I think I would marry our Defence if I could. :D

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice find Trom. As you were TRYING to indicate is we'll be in good shape next year and probably be able to release some big earners. If that were this year I'ld say opposite but give these young guys one more year and they'll be ready to take over and hopefully be able to be signed long term and stay as a group. I love Cliff but by the end of this year and with some of his injuries now and age I believe he's replaceable. Taucher though I would like to see stick around. So far I havn't seen much of his skills dimimnish

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to remember to, as much as we all hate to think of it Brett's about done and even though losing him is tough that will free up a lot of money so I think we'll stay very competitive and even improve if Aaron can be al least 70% of what Brett is

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2008 O-line:
LT Colledge
LG Coston
C Wells
RG Spitz
RT Tauscher

2009 O-line:
LT: Colledge
LG: Barbre
C: Wells
RG: Spitz
RT: Coston

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that does worry me is our younger players reaching FA.

Kampman, Barnett, and Jenkins all earned their paydays.

Poppinga, Collins, Jolly, Bigby, and Bush all will be eligible for FA in the next couple years.

Almost all of our offensive player are still on their rookie contracts too. Only Favre, Wells, Tausch, Clifton, Franks, and Driver have new deals... We need to keep our cap in check to keep all of our young talent.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that does worry me is our Younger players reaching FA.

Kampman, Barnett, and Jenkins all earned their paydays.

Poppinga, Jolly, Bigby, and Bush all will be eligible for FA in the next couple years.

And they'll prove whether they deserve a payday or not by then, just like barnett, kampman,jenkins and dendy, ingle, and miree the other way.

some will stay, some won't.

My money is guys like Peprah and Francies don't stay very long with the club.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whoa! This is a b.s. philosophical fallacy that I keep seeing on this forum and I'm not going to let this one slide. I've seen many people use it, but never seen it from you, who I've always seen as someone too mature and intelligent to use philosophical fallacies.

So, you can never criticize an "expert" opinion? That's b.s.

There are 32 coaches, and you judge a coach by ranking him according to his peers. How does MM stand against the other 31? Yes, us fans are entitled to have an opinion on it. You think coaches never make mistakes and us lowly fans aren't allowed to criticize anything?

For example, Lovie Smith lost the Super Bowl last year. He was stupid and left Wrecks Grossman in there to lose the Super Bowl. You don't have to be an NFL coach to realize he blew it. We, us lowly fans, are entitled to have opinions and don't need this crap that only NFL coaches can judge other NFL coaches.

By what you're saying, you cannot rank what car is better than any other car in its class because you don't design cars. Or you can't have an opinion on what microwave is better than the others because you don't make microwaves? Come on, AADP. You know better than this.

Back to what Fuzznuts was saying, I don't blame our OL for last week. I give more credit for the Eagles' DL for being good than us being bad. We beat a good team last week. I'm happy. And tomorrow, we will destroy a mediocre team.

Reaction score
Hm, zombie I should have clarified.

McCarthy made the comments after practice, after he had reviewed game tape. After reviewing game tape, he said there were no missed assignments.

An article on Wednesday appearing on JSOnline had comments from Scott Wells and our OC reiterating the same sentiment.

If Fuzznuts is going to claim that Colledge had loads of missed assignments, he should at least provide an example.

None-the-less, I agree with what you wrote. I should have clarified that McCarthy watched the game over again paying close attention to the o-line. I highly doubt Fuzznuts (or any fan, besides Porky) re-watches the entire game to come to a conclusion about the play of our team. In this instance, it is hard to argue with someone who was on the sidelines, and then rewatched the game.

I have to believe if McCarthy says there were no blown assignments on this occasion, it is more credible than Fuzznuts saying there were many blown assignments only because he disagrees with Ted's approach.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hm, zombie I should have clarified.

McCarthy made the comments after practice, after he had reviewed game tape. After reviewing game tape, he said there were no missed assignments.

An article on Wednesday appearing on JSOnline had comments from Scott Wells and our OC reiterating the same sentiment.

If Fuzznuts is going to claim that Colledge had loads of missed assignments, he should at least provide an example.

None-the-less, I agree with what you wrote. I should have clarified that McCarthy watched the game over again paying close attention to the o-line. I highly doubt Fuzznuts (or any fan, besides Porky) re-watches the entire game to come to a conclusion about the play of our team. In this instance, it is hard to argue with someone who was on the sidelines, and then rewatched the game.

I have to believe if McCarthy says there were no blown assignments on this occasion, it is more credible than Fuzznuts saying there were many blown assignments only because he disagrees with Ted's approach.

Ok, that was much better. :)

I didn't mean it to sound harsh and hope you weren't offended. I just hold you to a higher standard than most other posters, which I guess is a compliment. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts