1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How the NFC North now shapes up.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerlifer, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Vikings will be tough..Cant take them for granted..

I dont think Detroit has "it" just yet.

Chicago may surprise people this year

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    vikings defense is ughhhhhhhh

4. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
  5. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
    Besides the overall difference between an 11-5 playoff season one year and 7-9 the next, note the drop-off in that formidable Lions' defense between '14 and '15. And the Lions lost a playoff heartbreaker in their year to Dallas (just as the Viqueens did against Seattle in January.) Sound familiar, Minisota?

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. RicFlairoftheNFL

RicFlairoftheNFL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Chicago really improved on defense this year. Minnesota offensive improvements can be easily negated by Ted's moves on Defense last year. Detroit could be a problem now that Stafford has a tackle to watch his blindside.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,584
    As long as the Packers offense is able to return to their performance level in 2014 Green Bay is the best team in the division.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    Have to be able to protect Rodgers tho..I'm talking about blocking, and defense stopping people ...we will go as far as 12 takes us period.

10. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +945
    It was a distasteful cocktail of bad coaching, injuries, and sub-par play by some key performers. Let's hope that synergy is all behind us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +928

That's a pretty good bet. What are the odds of every player on an entire unit under performing for a season? I think the odds of everyone bouncing back to closer to 2014 performance levels is much more likely; it's based on proven ability and past performance, not just 'hope' or 'potential'.
    But that said, the days of the Packers coasting to the division title or laughing at the other teams in the North are over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477

All we need is Rodgers knee to be 100%, and I'm told it is.

Also have been told the drinking issue eddy had last season is under control, and as of now appears to be focused

Believe me or not, but those were the only reason we performed so poorly.

13. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    We've played for the division title in week 17 in the last 3 seasons, I think it'll be that close again. I'm ready for September now.

14. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,882
    The biggest advantage the Packers have over the rest of the NFC North is #12. Young team with lots of growth potential on both sides of the ball.

While the Vikings have improved, I think Bridgewater is still a work in process and only if and when his level of play improves and becomes consistent, could they be a force. But Adrian Peterson isn't getting any younger and once his wheels are gone, they better have an equal replacement or everything is going to be on Teddy.

The Bears have Jay Cutler, enough said. I think John Fox is turning that team around, but if I was a Bears fan, I couldn't wait to get out from underneath Cutler and the organizational blunder the Bears made with his contract. Thier defense could be drastically improved.

Lions, they are the Lions. Matthew Stafford is a lot like Cutler IMO. Shows brilliance, but at the end of the day his attitude, mistakes and inconsistencies aren't what make a championship team. Not to mention that it seems like no matter who is managing the Lions, they just can't figure out how to put together a winning team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
  16. A-RODGE

A-RODGE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I am really not that overly concerned going into the season. The Packers have a really easy schedule and most of the tougher games they get to play at home. Honestly not considering divisional games their road schedule is a joke. Also thanks to Week 17 last year we don't have to play the Panthers while the Vikings do.

Schedule, Nelson returning, and Lacy in shape I am taking the Packers with some breathing room.

Of course we play the games for a reason don't we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    The Packers OL last year was a disaster. This year the backups are Tretter and Spriggs, which promises to be 1000% better than last year. I am much more confident in AR's protection this coming year, not counting injuries which we can never predict.

On other fronts, Davante Adams was an even worse disaster and RRodgers was a slowpoke. With Jordy coming back and JJanis possibly ready to take the next step, plus the addition of Jared Cook, there actually might be some guys open next year so AR won't hold onto the ball for eons.

18. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +928
    I'm counting on that famous chip on Rodger's shoulder being a boulder on opening day.

19. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,989
    The Vikings are the only serious competition for us this season, assuming that our offense is back on track. They are steadily improving under Zimmer.

20. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +350
    I feel like the Bears are going to be decent this year. I'm not afraid of the Vikings at ALL. Lions.... meh.

21. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +511
    Last year was uncharacteristically bad, yet we limped into the playoffs and still nearly made the Championship game.
    This year our WR group is dramatically upgraded, our TE group should be slightly upgraded, our OL group is a slight upgrade overall and especially in depth.
    I think we can reasonably argue that our OL is slightly improved and our TE group is a very slight improvement +Cook
    Defensively were +Barrington which will bring competition to that young inside LB group so I see a slight improvement. the D line should be comparable with Guion, Daniels and Clark but the LB group is slightly improved moving Clay back outside. ST should be a wash but maybe a slight plus with Monty back returning kicks. Add to that a relatively easy schedule and I'm feeling 13-3

• Like Like x 1
  22. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    People I count on to make the most impact this year:

Jordy Nelson
    Jared Cook
    Blake Martinez
    Clay Matthews (outside)

Really hope Janis gets a bigger role in first team.

Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers needs to improve vastly.

Who'll be playing NT? Clark?

23. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
  24. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,584
    It will be either Guion or Clark to start the season with Pennel being in the mix after returning from his four game suspension.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Losing Megatron is huge for Detroit, though. No more "just chuck the ball deep and let Calvin go get it" plays.

• Agree Agree x 1